Duke_Nukem

Mar 8, 2018
Way to fix this?
Was it a fresh install, as in you didn't just copy the new files over the old files from 0.7?

If you did in fact write over the old files, try extracting the 0.8 files into a new folder.

Overwriting old files is known to cause issues with Ren'Py (Probably other engines as well) as there might be some files left from older versions.
(Files might have changed names in the new version, thus leaving the old files as well as the new ones causing issues.)

Reactions: eve84

eve84

Oct 14, 2024
For someone who earns 20k a month, the updates are very slow and less than 8 months waiting for this is torture
Apparently he got sick for a long period earlier this year and had issues sourcing music. Idk but it's what people say.
But generally I agree. For 20k a month you could definitely hire help to speed things up a little. But then again, with monthly patreon money rolling in in literal thousands, he's probably not too pressed to stop that flow by finishing the game.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
As someone not paying any money, I'm neither surprised nor disappointed by the update, it was pretty good. The guy has some serious talent, but this unfortunately means no matter if he makes one thousand or one million dollars a month, the speed at which the art is made isn't going to change. It's not like he can hire someone else to draw some of the scenes for him, that's not how it works. I wouldn't really want him to outsource the writing either, this project is just going to be slow.

congtanboro29

Nov 1, 2021
Was it a fresh install, as in you didn't just copy the new files over the old files from 0.7?

If you did in fact write over the old files, try extracting the 0.8 files into a new folder.

Overwriting old files is known to cause issues with Ren'Py (Probably other engines as well) as there might be some files left from older versions.
(Files might have changed names in the new version, thus leaving the old files as well as the new ones causing issues.)
it don't work

4.80 star(s) 227 Votes