Ren'Py - My School Is a Harem [v0.29] [Arkleoff]

1. 2.00 star(s)

ara1111

Shows the value of recognizable (read: ripped off) characters, as this is literally a 1-1 clone of an existing, far higher rated game here except that one is Pokemon and this is OC's. Or the latter game is a ripoff of this, not sure.
    Identical UI, identical gameplay loop, identical pause menu, identical cheat menu.

On its own this is a below average game. You walk to girl, pick top option in menu, skip to next day, pick next on, each time getting dialogue and some animation. It all functions. Its nothing exicting, but it works and the fact you get cheats (which the game itself lists as a goal to use) makes it fairly painless.
    The issue is that the girls are just very boring. They have no personality beyond the blonde one getting reasonably mad sometimes. They all go along with your requests if you've asked for enough weird **** before even if they only met you like 3 days ago.
    Biggest dif between this and [other game] aside from the boring characters is the ability to tend them to fuck with other people. You get slightly longer scenes with these. With more dialogue. The game is at its best when you're specifically not having a harem in this game about having a harem.
    You ask them for a favor and its 'okay, I did the thing, [thanks] (why are they all thanking mc? he didnt do ****), gotta go' or for the sex you just sort of do a sex and they tell you it was a nice. No thoughts mid-sex, little dialogue, just stock koikatsu animation.
    But if you have them do a favor for someone else you get this + they actually say how into it they are. Its just a better version of the same scene,
    Very confusing.

Oh also the English is broken, you can change clothes but the girls get naked every scene so there's no point, most scenes are copy pasted with each girl on top, half their dialogue is the same and it universally makes no sense (why does he keep pursuading them with 'relax its just a game lol'? Why would that work? When was that established? Its like an entire beginning arc of the story is missing)
  2. 1.00 star(s)

DeSkel15

So, yeah, this game isn't much of a "Harem" game as it is simply a Soulless Trainer that happens to involve a school.

It's like a Corruption game except there's nothing interesting going on, and you simply talk to generic girls and their "love" turns them into whores that'll do you favors eventually. They are so generic that you might as well rename them to the color of their hair or simply start numbering them. (You can rename virtually everyone btw, so if that's your fetish, now you know.)

There's also so much white text, background, etc, that it's rather irritating to look at.

Might as well rename it to "This generic trainer game has a school theme", because the current title is definitely misleading. Unless you're into doing the same thing over and over with a different female doll with different hair, this is definitely a skip.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

molitar

There is nothing to do with school in this game at all if you can call it a game it's more of a trainer.

1. Game is designed to make you skip class most of the time or you will get nowhere
    2. School games need to be attend class, lunch (interact with girls now), after class (interact with girls or clubs), evening for visiting town, and night for homework or sneaking out to meet a girl.
    3. Oh you can't talk to girl and attend class that is just STUPID! You should be able to talk to a girl before class starts to raise affection or study with girl so you still get knowledge. Currently it's skip class to talk to girl.

With only 3 of time you will be forever grinding along to get relationship as school is there only to be there and no other reason.

You can NOT do a school game with only 3 periods it's absolutely stupid you have to have 5 periods in a day. Developer only using school for background and does not involve any school life at all.

It is nothing but a trainer where nothing you do matters ultimately.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

loikl

The protagonist asks the girls to go flirt with other men, this is functional in a trainer since he seeks to turn them into whores and profit from it, but this is not a trainer and the only thing the MC is looking for is to tell me later how they fooled him, good graphics, totally repetitive and poorly implemented the "harem" aspect.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

fabulous007

For now the game is simple (68 mo!) but kind of entertaining. There is no sex scenes yet, but you can ask a lot of "favors". Amongst the girls available I especially liked Himari. You can change the outfits of the girls with several other ones but for now it's usually not something sexy (except Himari's casual outfit maybe).
    If I could give some advices to the devs:
    - try to make the events for the girls more different, it's often relatively similar. (especially when you ask one to flirt with a random guy, the guy always has the same model, from behind, same place too).
    - maybe rework the naked bodies of the girls a little, for example so that they seem more distinct (even if they're not identical now).

Good luck anyway.

EDIT: tried a new version after numerous updates (0.12), but the dev actually just publishes a lot of new updates quickly without much content individually, so I didn't have much more to do.
    The main new stuff was the services and a sex scene for each girl, which were honestly disappointing: they were all largely similar, with only slight variations. I didn't mind the similarities if it was a dialogue (not a scene) with a girl showing her butt, but here we're talking about entire scenes, with the same decor, the same animation, the same length, and barely different dialogues. It's a mistake imho, it makes the girls feel even more generic. I still want to encourage the dev but I'll remove one star, because right now there's still not much.
    On the bright side, I feel like the girl bodies are slightly less similar (or it's just an idea), but it's still too similar :/.