VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - My Second Life [v0.1 - Beta 1] [Vautour Studio]

1. E
    5.00 star(s)

Eris Discordia

What I can't understand is why it took someone so long to create a slice-of-life game like this one. It's simply a masterpiece of good feelings and pleasant interactions, without the vulgarity and drama that so often pervade visual novels these days. This is, without a doubt, the most wholesome visual novel that I have ever had the pleasure of playing.

To all the naysayers complaining about this game, it's obvious that you're a bunch of pelicans, jealous of the fact that this game is like a hearty pancake breakfast - filling, wonderful, and energizing. If more visual novels were like this one, we would be closer to world peace being achieved, and we'd all have no problem staying indoors to defeat Covid-19 since quarantine wouldn't even be difficult with games like this one to play.

Ultimately, the only real negative to this game that I can see is the fact that it seems to attract people who just want to slam and insult it. Also, people who want to make it less wholesome by removing the Landladies and Roommates and substituting them for less Christian options - shame on all of you!
  2. 1.00 star(s)

bobino92

After comparison with the game My New Family, blatant plagiarism and theft of intellectual property of a real game creator (Killer7). This game should be take down of this site. I know that many game mays look the same on f95zone but this one is literally the same.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

polycentric

Downloaded and opened for the sheer spectacle , and it reminds me of the 90's trend of rappers who stuck some cheap wheels and huge wings on sports cars, claiming them as their own brand and better than the thing on which they were based.

This is an insult to our intelligence and to the earnest, excellent developer from whom it was straight-up stolen from. C'mon, mods...do the right thing and bin this.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

PenguinFuhrer

Just..... No.
    Play My New Family by Killer7 instead to experience the real deal and a really great VN with great characters.
    This is just a sad excuse of a rip-off that offers nothing of real interest. Reminds me of an asset flip that you find on Steam
  5. 1.00 star(s)

naughtyroad

I sometimes amuse myself by thinking of adult game devs as chefs, of a sort. There's all different kinds of chefs, some create fast food, some make elaborate haute cuisine, some provide a simple, comfortable dining experience, others challenge your palate with exotic or extreme tastes.

I ask your indulgence, dear reader and/or moderator, as we explore this thought a bit, and see how this is actually relevant as a review.

Let's imagine there's a chef, that cooks a wonderful, comfortable, sweet and savory dish, that makes you feel warm inside, and loved. Let's call this imaginary chef ahm... let's call him Assassin 8. Of course, if you read the comments in this thread, you might find mentioned a developer chef with a similar name, but I assure you, my chef is purely fictional. And so there is his wonderful dish, that is not called Your New Family (it's not, look it up in the thread).

Imagine now, a new chef arriving on the stage. Young, eager, full of ideas. Let's call him Le Vautour (see, no similarity to any actual person living or dead, who goes by "The" and not "Le").

Imagine, this new chef has just enjoyed the wonderful dish created by Assassin 8 for lunch. Le Vautour is sitting back, in the kitchen of his own, new restaurant, slowly digesting that wonderful dish, burping gently while picking at his teeth. Full and content, he dozes off, to be awoken a few hours later by the ring of the bell above the door to his own restaurant, as his first guest arrive.

He stretches and gets up. Oh wonderful day. Service has begun! He straightens his collar and walks into the dining room. With a wide gesture of his chubby arms, he approaches his guests. "Welcome, welcome, my friends. Follow me!", he bellows.

He leads them to their table. With a flourish, he pulls out the seats for the new arrivals, one at a time. Somewhat apprehensive, his guests sit down. "Today...!", he exclaims, startling his guest a little. "Today, I bring you magnificent wonders, inspired as I was by the greats that came before, like all true artists.” He looks around triumphantly. “Are you ready for a culinary experience of a lifetime?!", he demands.

Unsure, his guests nod timidly. "Good!", Le Vautour bellows, and walks back into the kitchen. Humming to himself, he rummages through the cupboards and pulls out a simple, tin foil tray. "This will do nicely", he says to himself. With the tray in one hand, and a small stepladder in the other, he walks back in.

With a mix of amusement and bewilderment, his guests look on as he theatrically places the tinfoil tray in the center of the table, sets down the stepladder, and climbs up. The amusement is quickly replaced with shock as his guest see Le Vautour unbuckle his belt, and drop his pantaloons. He bends his knees, positioning his flabby, pimply back side over the tinfoil tray.

His face screws up in a rictus as he strains. A thick, knobbly lump of excrement slowly emerges from between his spotty butt cheeks, before crashing down onto the tray with a heavy thud, rattling the cutlery. Some of the guests gasp, others murmur words of displeasure and shock.

A fresh new glob of faeces emerges from the rump of La Vautour, this one squishier than the first. It flops down into the tray, breaking in two over the hard, gently steaming lump already sitting there. One more heave produces even more nauseating matter, this time of a consistency both runny and lumpy. It gushes over the contents of the tinfoil tray, splattering over the table and onto the fine garments of the guests, who sit transfixed, wide-eyed and mortified.

With a dainty gesture, holding out his pinky fingers to add some finesse to the experience, Le Vautour raises his pantaloons, buckles his belt and climbs down from the ladder, before turning around.

“Voila, the specialty of the house!”, he exclaims. “Just mere hours ago, this was the dish not called Your New Family, by the great Assassin 8. But in my inspiration I have, through hard labor, digested its essence, and transformed it into this original entry you see before you!”

He looks around at his guest, who stare back, unable to move. That is, all but one, who turns to the side and heaves the contents of his stomach up, spilling it onto the worn, black-and-white tiled floor and adding an additional sour note to the horrid aromas already surrounding the table.

“Well?” says Le Vautour, the lower lid of his right eye spasming slightly. “What are you waiting for? Eat up! It would be a shame to let it go to waste, since I fully expect you to pay for this one of a kind experience!”

Renders 0/5
    Story 0/5
    Scripting 0/5
    Choosing a handle 5/5
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Een Vieze Vent

A solid 5 star gem on this site, probably the most anticipated, well written and visualized work of art that will surely rock any F95 users mind.

The characters (especially the MC!), the locations, the excellent writing accompanied with the stunning visuals will leave you breathless to the very point you almost pass out, or atleast until the point you will start seeing pelicans fly around and gobble some fish. I know that sounds crazy but hey, that's what a once-in-a-lifetime VN does to me.

For a second I really thought I had seen this all before but I scrapped that thought out of my mind when I got the meet the cute cat-girl sister, I honestly didn't expect that to happen since this is a very original game that will surely influence others to try to copy it's style, them of course failing miserably.

I also like the banner that's been used on this forum, the colors, the compostiton. It has been done before, but not with this kind of depth and detail. It's surely not something a person like me would come up with, that's for sure, haha! It gives one a nice, small-spoilery image of what hotties to expect in the game.

I could go on praising some of the art assests and the layout that has been used on the sites where us folks could support your premium work, but that wouldn't be appropriate since I'm here to review the game (which is great!). But I have to say that those, again, look very familiar, almost like I was somehow involved with a few of them :D

Anyway I'll stop being a silly pelican right now, keep up the good work and don't take the negative reviews for granted, they are just from jealous people with smol pp's!
  7. 1.00 star(s)

sevenstar

Terrible plagiarism based on the awesome My New Family. Do not support or encourage.

The English is terrible, the story is laughable, and characters behave unhuman. The characters even look worse than the game it's "inspired" by.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Trains

:( When even a ship of pirates calls you out for theft you know its bad. I've seen people steal parts of games, but copying the whole game (with tiny adjustments making the game worse) really is taking things to a new level. I like to see new people enter the space as that increases the content out there, but cmon. Take some time to come up with your own ideas and people are far more likely to support you.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Canade

Oh man...

Animations ?/5 Didn't get that far
    Story 2/5
    ???? -5/5

I really don't know what to say. The story is altered, but basically the same as '...' The one H-Scene that I saw wasn't animated. The game is forcing an Incest story and just replacing it with 'roomate and land???' but horribly written, like the other game. I once again have to say that I'm Not Into * Incest. The dialog is heavy, but tolerable.

If you're going to steal someone's concept, at least do something different with it. Would not recommend.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

lapetitemort

I mean if you're going to scalp something atleast do something innovative with it lol
  11. 1.00 star(s)

User003

This is a poor copy of an actually good game. Don't spend your time here, and definitely don't spend your money. It's honestly really sad that someone believes this is acceptable. Using default assets is one thing, and there will be some overlap in stories when using the same plots and tropes, but directly copying code, writing, and assets is intellectual theft.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

DuoMax

Almost exact clone of another game My Normal Family and even uses the same models and story and doesnt even try to hide that fact. Avoid playing to support the creator of the game it was stolen from.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Morpheus668

All of the below is my very own original review of which I didnt copy from anybody else! No really, I swear! ;)

{QUOTE]
    For people say that it is a copy paste of Killer's games, I will answer only 1 time :

1/ it's your right to think this but to write in public it's near vilification.

2/ if i do copy paste of his game, I take script of his game and just change picture

3/ I just take an idea in his game (the past of MC and even I modified this).

4/ I'm sure that you only play in first version of introduction of my game and you don't play to the new one that what I'm post here.

So I know I will have some haters but now I will focus on people like my game or people give a constructive criticism. [QUOTE/]

I DID try this game to verify the theft of @Killer7 content from My New Family. Everything Killer7 said regarding this game is true. @The Vautour stole scripts, renders, and content from Killer7 and attempted to pass it off as his own by making such simple changes that the obvious Scam cannot be denied. However, I will answer each of his points individually (these points were originally made from a REQ thread he posted in, Comments from him As Follows):

1: It is not vilification when it is true.

2: The changes in the pictures were so small that they are obviously the same renders from MNF game.

3: No, you basically took everything from his game and tred to do minimal changes, then attempt to pass it off as your own original creation.

4: I played the game set for download in your OP.

Haters? Not necessarily, but I can almost guarantee that any of Killer7's Patrons (of which from his post here, you were one) will not in all likelihood support you, and based on every single comment so far in this thread thread has called you out as a game thief.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

V&M

Man, no offense, if you intend to create games and make a living from it, I believe you started out the wrong way, I don’t know if you’re a big fan of the original author (as I am), but you plagiarize like that in the face, you won’t to achieve nothing but contempt on his part (I think not so much, he was shown to have a good heart) and people who like his work.
    I don't know how it all works, if you understand how to make a game, or just copied everything.
    But the way you did it, you will not even get fans for your work, it will only be a laughing matter here on the site.
    I’ll give you some advice, if you really want to make a game, do something original, if you don’t have that much knowledge, it’s one more reason to do something of yours, the first game will be for you to gain experience, maybe you won’t get many supporters, maybe don't be well accepted, but don't get discouraged, it's your first job, be confident, seek to improve, work hard, seek knowledge,
    it's okay to be inspired by the dev you like, but don't copy your work, you'll just be playing against yourself.
    If you don't get a lot of support and money on your first job, don't be discouraged, not everyone got it on their first job ,.
    I'll give you one more piece of advice, okay, be better than that,
    delete that game, start again, maybe with another name, make a game that you can call it yours, and be proud of it, even if it is not well accepted.
    And when you put it here, be honest with people, explain that it is your first game, that you are still learning,
    who is trying to improve, talk to people, listen to what they have to say, many people like to help, and surely your game will have a very different reaction from that one.

PS: Sorry for the low grade, but you plagiarized one of the games I love the most, and I didn't even recognize my Angel Alice.
    I hope you reflect, and maybe in the future I can support your original game, right?
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Cerberus80

This game is just a cheap copy off from a truly talented designer and they know it. This game will never be complete and your a fool if you even try it.

Even the girls are a mildly chained to look different … but the person changing the characters is very bad at it compered to the original they look GOF ORFULL.

I will not say what game it's copied but it IS worth looking for.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Nexis69

Well we all here are pirates, but we know when to not cross the line. When looking at this copy/paste game i see you dont even have originality or brain. I would like to create game too, start from scratch, learn from mistakes and "maybe" become talented, but not like you.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Eldaryn

Just a poor copy of another persons work. You want the real experience and better quality look up the real creator My New Family by Killer7. The quality of the games is much better with the original. Do not waste your time with this copy.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

Philotes

Blatant theft of My New Family. Stole the code, characters (but made them less attractive), story, etc. Hell the dev is even using the same avatar on this forum.

The "author" should be ashamed of their blatant ripoff, but apparently is not.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

IamPeterGriffen

See My New Family for the real game. Killer7 did virtually all the work for both games . My New Family just did it well and with integrity. Please don't download. Maybe he will abandon this project, and actually create a game using his own labour. I doubt it, but its possible.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Hartigan

Even pirates should have honor and should not support brazen intellectual property theft.

I would never write a review, because the behavior of the author (or rather thief) among all sow is the VN is not worth a review!