Tutorial My Shitty Guide To Yodayo AI Art Generation and AI Tavern Chat Bot

tx650

Mar 6, 2017
I've decided to start trying out AI to produce... content. Yodayo has two things I am currently using. An AI art generator and a Tavern AI chatbot. This is my sort of shitty walkthrough/notes on using it. This isn't exactly intended to be a comprehensive (or even very good) guide. Just a collection of my personal notes I've collected and things i've observed. I decided to write them down here in the hopes that it can help someone else out and maybe get some feed back from you all. So this may be somewhat rambly.

Using The Art Generator:

The art generator has a limited number of fast uses per day. You get "yo-beans" (150 a day) to use to generate images. Each image costs about 5 beans. You can continue to produce images after you run out of beans but it takes quite a while for the image to generate, ages sometimes. It varies a lot depending on how busy the servers are. I'm still learning the AI and what works and what doesn't. If you're new to using the generator it is quite easy. You can either type out a paragraph attempting to describe the image you want to generate, or you can add a list of key words or phrases you want to see. These are my notes and observations on how it works:

Prompts:

- Seperate each key word with commas like this "Cute, 2 girls, red hair, glasses, full body" etc etc. The engine will weight things differently based on where it is in the prompt. Things that are at the start of your prompt will be taken into consideration first, so put the most important details first. You can also weight things by using curved brackets () around certain key words. This will add weight to the word. You can add multiple brackets around a single word (((green eyes))) to give it mor weight. I think a series of key words works better than a descriptive paragraph.

- Negative prompts: Below prompts is a window for negative prompts. If you don't want something to appear in the art, or if something is appearing and you don't want to see it. Enter them here. I ususally have things like "Abnormal anatomy, weird hands, ugly faces, furries, fucked up hands" etc etc. Basically things you don't want to see. If something is showing up in your prompts, put it in here to help the AI not produce it. The AI won't randomly insert things like horse cocks unless you ask for them, so don't worry about getting those. (Unless you want that IDK)

- It's a very imperfect system. The AI doesn't actually know what it is doing. It is just trying to mimic things as best it can. As a result things can get weird, to down right horrific. Just try to refine your prompts. Don't get discouraged, it is the nature of AI art that nothing is perfect and you'll probably throw out about 50% of of your work and barf at about 10% of it at the start. Keep refining prompts and trying different models. Prune your results with negative prompts.

Picking a Model:

- These define the general art style your prompt is rendered in. Some work better for certain types of images. There are a lot of different ones to try. To help me decide on which ones I like best and to keep me organized, I've got a folder with all my AI art in it. Each Model has a seperate folder in there where I save the images I want to keep. I'm running the same prompt through each model to see which ones geterate favorable outcomes. After a while I'll check which models have made the most useable images in the styles I like so I can create a list of the best ones.

- Why not keep trying the same model? I don't know if it is a bug or just how it works, but if you stay with the same prompt in the same model you just get the same image back. Plus it eats your beans, and not in the good way. You have to switch between different models if you want to re-use the same prompt. So find a few models you like and switch them. EDIT: I will add one thing here, if you don't want to generate the same image with the same prompt, you need to change the seed. Change from the recycle symbol to the dice to assign a random seed each time.

- Don't ask me about the other settings, I have no idea what the different sampling methods mean and everything else is pretty much explained by clicking the ? by it.

Picking Spells:

- The idea behind spells is that AI art generators have a difficult time re-creating specific characters. Say you want AI art of Mercy from Overwatch. You could enter Mercy from Overwatch into your prompt, but the AI can often overlook certain things in the prompt or misunderstand what you're referencing. (It's really quite stupid) This helps keep the character's specifics more consistently appearing in the final image.

Other Stuff:

- Try not to let your session expire. There seems to be a time limit after generation where you can no longer download the image. (I can still see it on my screen but the download button and "save as" does not work. Maybe something can be found in the console if i'm really desperate.)

- Sometimes your image comes out almost useable, but she has a third leg or a dick coming out of her forehead. Usually these are easily cleaned up. You don't really need photoshop or fancy tools. You can use to remove the character from the background. Then open it in paint 3D and use the eraser tool to remove the offending limbs. Then just paste the character into another background (you can use the AI tool to create backgrounds too) and presto. AI smut. You can use this to isolate well made characters from the image, crop out the body horror that sometiems comes in the image, and even combine images.

The Tavern AI.

So the Tavern AI is a chat bot style. You can use the pre-made characters or make your own. I don't currently know if it uses the same weight distribution system as the AI Art program. I prefer to just write in a normal creative writing style and let the dumb bot work things out.

It has a few limitations and quirks:

- You can't completely erase and re-start a conversation with a chat bot or edit it after you've created it. You have to delete them and completely re-make them. To help make this easier you can create your AI parameters at and save it it as a json file. Delete and restart as needed.

- Yodayo has good tips to follow here:

- Remember, the AI has a limited amount of memory it can access. This includes your original prompt and character specifics, and your chat history. So the more specific (larger word count) you make the character the less of your conversation it will remember. If you want the bot to have a longer chat memory, don't take up too much space trying to craft a specific character unless you want it to have a shorter memory.

- Don't be afraid to force it to re-generate a response. If it isn't producing what you want keep making it re-do the text. The AI is pretty dumb, but it has a good memory. Like a puppy that pisses on your floor, you can't let it build bad habits. It if produces something you don't like either just correct it or have it re-generate. For example, if it gets a character relationship wrong and you let it stay in the memory, it will keep fucking up. Either correct it, so it remembers that it was corrected, or just re-generate.

- You can get this thing to do some pretty degenerate things. I should be in jail. It is pretty obedient, so while the character internally may not want to do things, you can always convince it to do stuff you want. If you want a character to like something just put "Likes X" or "Reluctant to but willing to X" or "Enthusastic about doing X". You don't have to give it a long ass, flowery justification. It will basically "Yes and..." anything you do with it (Semi-funny story. There was a bot that was supposed to be the Red Among us. I was feeling goofy and decided to mess around with it. I'll just give you the last paragraph it produced of our story together.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That little guy is so optimistic.... anyway.

- In the text window, you can use *'s to make the text italic. The AI seems to use italics for actions and either plain text or quotation marks for speach. It will sort of follow your lead based on what you do and what you let it do. You can describe your character's actions or other character actions this way. It is helpful to describe the bot starting an activity and letting it continue from there.

- Remember the AI is really stupid. If you want to have a scenario go a certain way, you can hint to it. Use *'s to hint at internal thoughts or desires. For example, if you want your chat bot to kiss you just write something like *Anon desperatly wanted BIGTITTYGOTHGIRLFRIEND to kiss him.* And it will basically get the hint. If it doesnt want to make a decision you can literally just write *CharName finally reached a decision.* and let the AI write the response. You often need to nudge it along.

- Saving your work: The biggest downside to these bots is saving your stories. Its a pain in the ass. There is no way to directly export into a text file or other way to export your conversations. The best you can do is cut and paste them into another document.

- It can sort of handle being more than just one character. If you want to sort of make it respond as other characters, again you need to train its behavior. Again, it learns based on what it remembers. So if you prompt it to create dialog for a third character i.e. *2ndAIChar responded by saying...* and it gives you dialog for that character keep it and it will remember that it can speak in that character's voice. If it doesn't just re-do it. It's a pattern matching AI so the more you make it do something the more it is going to do it.

That's basically it. I hope this is helpful for anyone else. I'll attach some of the AI art that i've made, the good, the bad, and the weird. If you have any questions or recommendations please comment below.

Last edited:

Oliolioooo

Nov 22, 2020
Any tips for getting the chatbots to give shorter responses? They tend to go off and do their own thing and it really ruins the give-and-take. C.ai is much better at this, but its filter is a huge hassle so I'm trying to work with yodayo instead.

Reactions: Elimael

raptorr64

Jul 9, 2017
Put [{{char}} keeps responses under 50 words in length] in the character's notes, with a @ Depth of 0. It won't actually do it, but it helps

Also, I have a feeling that the AI learns from one chat to another, is it normal? Like one time it got the bad habit of putting emojis at the start of the responses, and after starting a whole new conversation, it spewed emojis everywhere all the time despite having 0 context since the chat had just started

Same thing now, as usual it's putting flavor text in italics (between **), but instead of starting and ending the sentence with *, it also puts some before and after commas, leaving the sentence in gray italics and the commas in white. Starting a new chat or resuming an old one where it didn't do that displays the same behavior... Is the dumbass taking notes from one conversation to another and remembering every mistakes it ever made?

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
that's a very good guide but what about those who only chat?
how do i properly use ** () and whatever else?
also what about persona? i wanted to change name from asasada to let's say Xenon but it keeps calling me asasada
i literally cannot find ant guide on yodayo site :\