HTML - Completed - My Time with Her [v1.25] [Demetos]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Bonerhat

(Disclaimer, I didn't finish this as it felt like it was just going to keep escalating the aspect I didn't like. Maybe it hits some turning point later in that will put egg on my face here, but it didn't feel like it was coming. I'm mostly here just to give an overview of the game's content for prospective players and offer some critique for the dev, even though I'm not the target audiance.)

To prehaps too crudely simplify it: This is a game that tries to spin a romantic weave of twin-souls exploring the depths of their sexual relationship. However, if you wipe away the veneer of flowery language and inner-thoughts for the actual content to be consumed, it's really just a highly abusive relationship with the typical sorta mean 'you exist to please me' permanent denial type of femdom. The male never gets to cum, the woman holds all the power, etc. Just because there's drama about her regrets and we get a vision into the male's thoughts where he's written to be a perfect doormat who loves the pain, doesn't make it any less obviously one-sided abusive content.

Butttt, even though that is not my cup of tea, I'm gonna try to be as fair as I can here and not too deeply let that influence my score because it's probally someone's flavor and they'll love it for that. I will say however, I do find it clashing with the highly romantic tone and presentation, which generally implies a more mutual and gentle femdom relationship where you're genuinely interested in reading both character's perspectives as they build trust and complete something the other is missing. A true two-way street. Without that, it sort of makes the whole romance focus of this game, and it's twin POVs, feel inappropriate.

Which largely brings us to the core presentation of it and the game's primary 'gimmick': the simultaneous POVs. I think overall... it's a failed experiment. It's a really interesting idea, but expecting the user to read each page twice, and the lines not even matching up from left to right so you could even skim back and forth, just doesn't really work in practice and adds very little for how much extra effort it must be on the dev side. The female's POV is also often nearly double the length of the male one, so it's clear she's the primary story anyway. The male's POV feels like it exists for little else than to be an occasional permission granter for her abuse. It's also just way too much walls of text. I'm firmly of the belief that text games should always break things up to fit into a single screen, two competing columns telling the same story just makes that harder.

I think a better system would be a more traditional single omniscient third person POV where you can write in whoever's thoughts you want to showcase at the moment. Less reading for the user, less writing for the dev, and far more ability to focus on important content where you need it rather than 50% of the story being ignorable duplicate text.

I will say however, if you are into this cruel fdom sort of stuff, the story is pretty much a constant feed of content and it's well described with great prose; the writer does very much knows how to write the erotic scenes themselves and there are plenty. Even though I'm not a fan of the painting, both because I don't like it's subject nor it's composition, I can still see the skill of the brushstrokes here. It's enough to elevate it to a 3 as I try to be as objective as I can, even though my personal preferences would put it lower. I'd be curious to see their next project(s) and if it may align with my tastes better.