RPGM - Completed - Mylene and the Temple of Lust [Final] [Kira Tama]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Gutsandguts

Completely bog standard in all respects and even feels kind of unfinished in places. For instance the first two sections of the dungeon have multiple floors and an event or two in them and then after that the next sections are literally just a couple empty floors with absolutely nothing going on.

Outside of endings there are hardly even any scenes where the girl gets screwed, or she does so with zero buildup. There's not even mention of her being a virgin despite it attempting to make out she's pure and being corrupted, which is weird.

Heck even the brothel has nothing going on besides a receptionist event where she just gives blowjobs...what's the point in having a brothel then? Prostitution is like the most standard thing in this genre.

It's the kind of game that feels like it was the devs first game, I'm not sure if that's true but that's what it feels like. As though they had a bunch of ideas and gave up on most of them to rush through the rest of it.

Might be decent for a fap but meh, I don't recommend sinking time in to this. It doesn't even have the challenge of combat.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

shadowstar765

3/5 A short scene hunting game with little depth beyond a subpar gradual corruption plot. Decent game for spanking the monkey, but nothing extravagant. Now with an actual translation!

The game stars Mylene, a pitifully weak mage living with a deathly sick father. With her father close to death’s door, she’s forced to rely on a forbidden magic that extracts mana from a man’s “spirit” (read: cum) which can increase her own mana. Which comes in handy when she learns of a potential cure hidden within the underground ruins of a lost temple infested with monsters. Faced with no other choice, she must solicit herself and gain the power needed to save her father. Of course, power has the potential to corrupt, but just how much is caused by her growing debauchery or her reliance on the forbidden curse remains to be seen. PLAY THE STEAM VERSON! DO NOT USE MTL!

Story 1/5: Simple excuse plot to course the Mylene into slutting herself up to random men. She is the weakest mage struggling to support her ill father. With no other choice, she takes up the cursed magic of absorbing men’s lust to increase her own magic similar to how a succubus would in order to become strong enough mage to heal her father. However, that whole plot point becomes moot when the underground temple has the maguffien needed to heal him in the first place, making slutting around for more magic plot a massive waste of time for her in retrospect when she only needed a fraction of the magic gained just by leveling to the save her father. In the end, there are multiple outcomes depending on where and how she sluts it up. With there being a good ending, and several side and two corrupted endings.

Gameplay 1/5: Despite what the tags tell you, this is not at all an RPG. You could make this game into a visual novel and nothing would be lost because of it. The whole game is just wandering around scene hunting while slowly raising the slut stats up view further progression in explicit content. Story quest is a complete joke and enemies are so unintrusive they might as well not be there, there are only three “side quests” to follow that feel more like “Hey! Go here for some fuck!”, I would have appreciated if all the sexual content was as easy to find like that but no, you have to blindly scope out the rest that the main plot doesn’t lead you to. The final boss is also completely optional too, you might not even realize that there ever was one as you have to find some other random sick man in the village and heal him before you heal Mylene’s father, then and only then will the path open for you. But it’s so inconsequential you might as well not even bother since everything in the gallery will be unlocked just by getting any ending.

Art 3/5: It can get pretty wonky here and there with how Mylene’s body proportions can get a little out of wack in certain shots. Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like her head doesn’t fit on her body… like the dev just slapped her head from somewhere else onto a dynamite body. It feels uncanny to me, like it’s been traced over from a real human body or some generic key poses. Her hands are almost babyish in how small they are in her standing portrait, but the rest of the CGs are fairly good in quality otherwise.

Hentai 3/5: Male domineering is prevalent all throughout the sexual content, with only one major chain of scenes with actual wholesome fun involving the cave man. Most content follows the basic rule of three formula, she hates the first time and vocally objects, then she reluctantly accept the situation/excuses herself from guilt in the second, then fully gives in to sluttery in the final round. The major point of exemption is again the cave man, who has six scenes involving an unexpected Tarzan/Jane love plot if they were both horny from the get go. The only time where Mylene goes on the offensive are in two of the endings where she rapes either her father or her rival. Sadly there is not a brothel available despite there be one right there in the slums, you only get stuck in reception which is not the same.

Translation: 1/5|3/5: I have to reiterate, DO NOT PLAY THE MTL VERSION! It is utter trash and shows everything wrong with leaving work to google just to chew up a perfectly decent game and spit out garbled up word salads and poetry that would make Shakespeare kick himself for not coming up with this sooner. Every line is barely cohesive and reads like the booklet of a chinese instruction manual butchered to english. Play the Steam version instead, it’s by no means perfect but it’s still infinitely better. My complaints are some glaring oversights here and there in sex dialog, and the “(Sounds of cum)” that are just plain bad. As well as the heavy use of plain moaning dialog, but I think that might be original 1:1 that didn’t go very well in translation
  3. 2.00 star(s)

rontantes

This is a below average rpgmaker game. It is linear, the scenes don't really build up to or from anything, and not much seems to happen.

Combat is less grindy than normal, but it isn't clear what you're progressing towards.

There are way better games out there in this genre.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Xaoyu

Extremely basic Hrpg.

It's a linear "story" without choices. You certainly already played 4 similars games. This one doesn't bring anything interesting to the table.

You'll forget this game as quickly as you beat it. 'caus eyea, it's very short.

Doesn't worth the free download in my opinion.

There isn't even a fighting system.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

KingsRaiden

For what it is, not a bad game, stuck between a visual novel and an rpg it has potential with the character, the art, and the concept. It has the usual corruption modes, where as you do tasks more often you get lewder scenes, though there is corruption on what Mylene is willing to do is not something you control other than by repeating scenes. Her responses change as she advances in scenes, and who doesn't like content where you just smack monster icons on a map.

I'd give more for the assets but you don't really see them other than the scenes, and while skippable, its another tedious map explore to the next event.

Note: This is MTL, so yeah its got all that, and while I don't mind some and figuring out what is going on, this is a middling translation at best. Since its MTL it has the occasional gem of translation, which is in the OP screenshots.

PROS:
    • Big breasted character who doesn't mind to get exploited to save her Dad
    • Mylene takes it all in stride and has a variety of scenes to touch many fetishes
    • Rabbit outfit
    • Repeatability which allows advancing scenes
    • In character writing that advances as she gets lewder, and the scenes advance
    • Not a hard game, and no combat, just watch your Magic level and keep it refreshed
    CONS:
    • MTL (yeah, its got that)
    • Tedious exploration, go from map to map
    • No Quest Log, you can have many things going on at once and no in game way to keep track
    • While Chibi icon changes outfits, when it does, you only see it in status - could have been fun to display it
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Sab0teur

Good stuff

Great art, good amount of scenes and eight endings.
    No standard battles, heroine just slashes through enemies, which I like. No bugs encountered.
    Game's pretty short - takes less than 2 hours to get through it.
    It's obviously machine translated, but it least I can understand what's happening, plus the next place in story progression is always highlighted.