ADRIFT Completed Mystic Rhythms [v1.01] [icewanted]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

icewanted

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2017
Are you making more games?
Sadly, I've taken a break (for now). Mostly since this last game one took way more effort/time than expected. Also, while I like Adrift, I feel it's outdated now a day. This means I would need to learn coding in something new, like ren'py. I just haven't got my head around to that.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Sadly, I've taken a break (for now). Mostly since this last game one took way more effort/time than expected. Also, while I like Adrift, I feel it's outdated now a day. This means I would need to learn coding in something new, like ren'py. I just haven't got my head around to that.
Well, if u get the itch, then Renpy is a rather easy engine to learn. Hard to master.

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
Really? I don't know about others, but I think Adrift is pretty nice, it offers more liberties of actions to players than Ren'Py, in my opinion.
But you do what you want, good luck if you want to learn how to use a new engine:)

icewanted

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2017
Really? I don't know about others, but I think Adrift is pretty nice, it offers more liberties of actions to players than Ren'Py, in my opinion.
But you do what you want, good luck if you want to learn how to use a new engine:)
All very true. Unfortunately, the engine has some falling out: 1) it's Windows only 2) The resulting exe gets flagged as a virus by most anti-virus tools. 3) The author hasn't been seen on the forum for more than 5 years (no fix/update since). 4) multi-media support is limited to a total maximum size of 2gig.

There is a spinoff project to port adrift so it could run within a browser. If that happens to work, it could be a good thing.

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
All very true. Unfortunately, the engine has some falling out: 1) it's Windows only 2) The resulting exe gets flagged as a virus by most anti-virus tools. 3) The author hasn't been seen on the forum for more than 5 years (no fix/update since). 4) multi-media support is limited to a total maximum size of 2gig.

There is a spinoff project to port adrift so it could run within a browser. If that happens to work, it could be a good thing.
Oh, yeah, that's some pretty bad drawbacks.
I didn't know about the 'browser version", it would be nice to have it working properly.

I'm wondering, is there a way for me to look at how you coded the game?
I'm trying to see how Adrift work, and I wondered how you did some of the stuffs (like the possession mechanics, for exemple).

Last edited:

icewanted

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2017
Oh, yeah, that's some pretty bad drawbacks.
I didn't know about the 'browser version", it would be nice to have it working properly.

I'm wondering, is there a way for me to look at how you coded the game?
I'm trying to see how Adrift work, and I wondered how you did some of the stuffs (like the possession mechanics, for exemple).
Sorry, I haven't publicly released the source. I have however freely published the SexLibrary that I built and used :

The possession mechanic is somewhat basic compared the previously mentioned library. You need a General action task "Possess %character%" with as many "Overriding (Specific)" child tasks as you have possible scenarios (ie: one for each Character). The overriding tasks simply flag variables, hide the possessed character, move held objects, clothes & bodyparts (when the task restrictions apply). The rest is handled in the descriptions of all your other tasks. Say you have a "sex" action. Its description need to handle the action as "you", but also have an alternate description as the character you possess (with proper restrictions as to when to display).

That last part is why I will not write a possession type game. It double/triple all the descriptions you need to write. It's like writing two games inside one. It's a lot more work that I tought it would be.

Feel free to PM me if you need help with Adrift coding. Also, there are still folks regularly helping developers on the Adrift 5.0 forum.

Reactions: TheBerserker

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
Sorry, I haven't publicly released the source. I have however freely published the SexLibrary that I built and used :

The possession mechanic is somewhat basic compared the previously mentioned library. You need a General action task "Possess %character%" with as many "Overriding (Specific)" child tasks as you have possible scenarios (ie: one for each Character). The overriding tasks simply flag variables, hide the possessed character, move held objects, clothes & bodyparts (when the task restrictions apply). The rest is handled in the descriptions of all your other tasks. Say you have a "sex" action. Its description need to handle the action as "you", but also have an alternate description as the character you possess (with proper restrictions as to when to display).

That last part is why I will not write a possession type game. It double/triple all the descriptions you need to write. It's like writing two games inside one. It's a lot more work that I tought it would be.

Feel free to PM me if you need help with Adrift coding. Also, there are still folks regularly helping developers on the Adrift 5.0 forum.
Oh, I didn't know it would be so complicated to do that.
It's easier in Ren'py, in that regard.
But I'm gonna try to see how it works.

Thanks for the answer :)

icewanted

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2017
I've been asked a few times for an unprotected TAF file by some wanting to look at my messy code. Sorry it took so long, but here it is:

Virgile85

Jan 21, 2020
Is there any games like this???with ntr like working man or school dreams???mc having wife or mother or sister or gf???

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes