VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Mystic Ville [Ch.3] [FruityChoco Studio]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Zorg771

If you like generic slice-of-life anime tropes/scenarios, you'll love this game.

I don't. I think the attempts at humor mostly fall flat and the story so far isn't very memorable, nor are the characters. Not anything awful, but nothing legitimately good, either.

The way that Ren'Py was utilized here is quite impressive.

The art is excellent as well, but there's not a ton of spicy content quite yet so if you're just in this for a good nut, maybe hold on this one.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

beedulgi

I usually don't leave reviews for games that are early in development.

But this one may be a diamond in development. So I'm giving it a 5/5 for a solid 2 chapters. I think you'll be able to get a sense of how good this early stage of development from the other reviews as well, but here's my 2 cents.

This game is solidly in the slice of life category. And it does this genre SUPERBLY WELL. I found myself actually enjoying the cute yet endearing portrayal of characters. And this is coming from me, a degenerate who mostly enjoys corruption, mindbreak and netori...

This game is 110% WHOLESOME KAWAII ANIME vibes. Everything works together to achieve this.

The Animation is TOP NOTCH. Amazing illustrations, accompanied by generous use of comical emotes, effects, dynamic facial expressions, and even the occasional chibi character. As someone who grew up with, and lives in a manga/anime saturated culture, I can vouch for this game's anime-esque quality.

The Music also accompanies each scene and scenario well. It's nothing to write home about, but it strikes a good balance of being able to set the mood of each scene without being obnoxious or annoying (aka good ambient music). Honestly reminded me a little bit of Plants Vs. Zombies.

The Writing is solid, and honestly quite wholesome & adorable at times. As expected, it draws heavily influenced by anime & pop-culture. It makes a generous amount of references to various animes & pop-culture (movies, cartoons, etc) while also maintaining its own unique characteristics. I do think the opening prologue does drag on slightly, BUT overall it has solid pacing.

In Conclusion: IF you are looking for a Wholesome, Anime-inspired, Slice-of-life VN, please do yourself a favor and give this game a shot!!!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

jaq847

This is it. This. Is. It. This is the main reason why I love independent developers. The amount of Easter eggs, funny faces, effect and such is extraordinary. The expressions, the text. Everything makes this game a gem to everyone who loves anime, videogames and funny memes. And THE BOOBS. 100% would fuck those boobs again.

Okay now. Seriously. This game is really well done. The dialogs are well written, the story is...kinda the same isekai one, but with VERY good twists. The developers know that this game is another one of those type, but they joke about it. It's funny, it's sexy, has BEAUTIFUL drawings and good music choices. What else do you need?
  4. 4.00 star(s)

javadoca

These guys are really know how to use the Ren' Py engine to its fullest potential. It felt like an interactive anime.

Art Quality: 8 out of 10.

Animation Quality: Does not apply.

Progression: 8 out of 10.

Interface Clarity: 9 out of 10.

Story: 9 out of 10.

Characters: 10 out of 10.

Overall javascore: 8.76 out of 10.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Aristone

This game has great potential. The art is extremely pretty and the story lends itself towards an anime-like trope. In its state it's pretty short, but it can be a contender for one of the great 2dcg games out there if it fully develops. I am excited for this, especially with the polish the developer gives it despite being incomplete.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

PRINCE2126

Played chapter 1 and the game is amazing. Great art the story could be made a bit better kind of feels like there is no innocence in the women but at the same time they feel supper innocent I don't know what to make of it but what makes me most happy is the Dev said no NTR so all in all this is a great game its short because its only chapter 1 I feel there will be a lot more in the future .
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Gxavn

This is my first review on F95 and I HAD to make the community know how much of a banger this VN is.

SERIOUSLY!

Mystic Ville is like the fresh air that you inhale after you get out of your house for the first time in a week, it's like the Ventolin of your asthma, or the cake of your cherry!

Wether it'd be art, comedy, music or story, this is a game that you'll regret not playing sooner.

Pros:
    • A good story that will no doubt develop into something even better as the chapters will release. I especially love the world building!
    • very likeable characters:
      • the MC is funny af. You can't hate him and you can somehow relate to his story. He seems like a great guy.
      • Misty is definitely best girl (blue hair). No argument needed.
      • Cynthia (pink hair) is such a likeable character, from her design to her involvement in this chapter.
      • Dr.Rachel. for being hot af. She seems serious at doing her job.
    • the dialogues. ESPECIALLY those involving the MC and Misty. I love them so much.
    • One of the best gallery system I have seen. EVER.
    • The goofy music, holy smokes... It's gives such a good tone to the game
    • THE SMUG FACES, GOD I LOVE SMUG.
    • a LOT of other things that I didn't mention cuz there's a lot of them

Cons:
    • For a first Chapter, there isn't any notable Cons, which, in and out of itself, is a con.
    SERIOUSLY, consider giving this Soon-to-be-already-on-the-right-track Masterpiece a try!
    It won't take a lot of time (though it still is packed for a first chapter IMO).
    It's around 2.5/3h for a slow-arse reader like me..
    but you'll smile during the whole game,
    GUARANTEED!
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Well this one is nice game. I usually don't play 2DCG game, only play it when it piques my interest. This one is indeed good. Nice anime style art and humor. Writing is good. Also nice sound effects. Game play is short because game is on its early stage. There is animation but no lewd animations. Thisis one is worth playing. Give it a try if you like animes.

PROS

* Anime style art
    * Humor
    * Good writing
    * Good sound effects
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Tiimx

[v0.5.1] Art, Humor, characters... I love everything about this game so far! Even as a demo release it has amazing story build up and the scenes are cute, funny as hell, and keep you wanting more. Definitely one to watch out for, great job!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

le Fay

Everything nice. The art is good, the opening for the next update is great
    Can't wait for the fully Chapter 1. This game has a lot of potential. We will waiting for more comedy and some sex scenes. Thank you, Dev. For making this game
  11. 4.00 star(s)

anotherstranger

just the demo still awsome - humorous teasing a bit naughty yet in a sweet spot

the crew behind it delivers their own artstyle and as far as this goes a slight twist on all the isekai-world hentai games there are

4 stars because to me this misses 1 'small' naughty scene - else this got lots of potential