Mod Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1] [Nine of Swords] In Game Walkthrough Mod [AdanGC Mods]

altmas66

May 4, 2020
im busy at the moment with a proyect of my master degree but if i have time later im going to update the mod and if i dont have time today im going to updating the mod tomorrow when i get back from work be patient please.
Thank you!

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Just a heads up, most of the images don't show up during conversations.

Dozens and dozens of 'Image x not found' during every conversation of the update, though it doesn't stop progress or anything.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
@AdanGC Mods

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that the game has been updated.
It requires a completely new playthrough, so an updated version of the mod would be appreciated.
Not trying to spam the thread, just thought that you might not check up every mod thread each day, without a specific call-out.
So, don't feel pressured or anything, your work is appreciated and most of us know that you guys have lives of your own and don't just spend your time to wait for game updates to drop to instantly update your mods as well (even though, you guys do make it feel like that sometimes. :) ).

stahalle

Jul 11, 2018
@AdanGC Mods

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that the game has been updated.
It requires a completely new playthrough, so an updated version of the mod would be appreciated.
Not trying to spam the thread, just thought that you might not check up every mod thread each day, without a specific call-out.
So, don't feel pressured or anything, your work is appreciated and most of us know that you guys have lives of your own and don't just spend your time to wait for game updates to drop to instantly update your mods as well (even though, you guys do make it feel like that sometimes. :) ).
do we really need a mod anymore? looking at the changelog there is already one integrated in the game.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Would the mod now work until the end of new update with this version?
That's hard to tell. Some do, some break the game, it both depends on how a particular mod is set up AND what changed in the game. Sadly, I don't have the expertise to say what is the case here. You could just try, you know, just copy the game once and try it with the old mod.

do we really need a mod anymore? looking at the changelog there is already one integrated in the game.
I can't say without knowing what happens behind the scenes in the game.
Just about ready to start trying to play the game, so I guess I'll know soon. :)

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
I did a scan of the game and it appears that the points were removed in favor of flags. So the mod will likely need to be re-done. Not exactly sure how the flags work yet, but its seems that they mostly effect flavor text. Scanning further into the game it appears that a combination of flags may open up certain scenes etc.

A mod may not be needed if the in-game walkthrough replaced it, but I ran through the first few choices and was not warned about any of the flags I encountered. It will probably take a full playthrough to figure out exactly whether a mod is needed because it seems many of the choices that used to "matter" no longer do (except for flavor text).

edit: I encountered the first in-game hint and it was a simple on/off on a relationship flag. Getting the feeling that the choices without hints are just for flavor text/small differences in scenes.

Last edited:

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
I did a scan of the game and it appears that the points were removed in favor of flags. So the mod will likely need to be re-done. Not exactly sure how the flags work yet, but its seems that they mostly effect flavor text. Scanning further into the game it appears that a combination of flags may open up certain scenes etc.

A mod may not be needed if the in-game walkthrough replaced it, but I ran through the first few choices and was not warned about any of the flags I encountered. It will probably take a full playthrough to figure out exactly whether a mod is needed because it seems many of the choices that used to "matter" no longer do (except for flavor text).

edit: I encountered the first in-game hint and it was a simple on/off on a relationship flag. Getting the feeling that the choices without hints are just for flavor text/small differences in scenes.
Some of those flags may be for in-game achievements, those could be worth highlighting.

xenthian

Jun 29, 2017
A mod that highlights all the convo hints to click in chapter 3's investigation mode would be pretty handy.