• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM MZ Sex Sprite Animation

Queen_Nothing

Dec 22, 2021
Hey f95'rs, Queen Nothing here.

I've been considering trying to make my own game, both to try my hand at making one exactly how I'd like, but also as a way to give back to the community and maybe give them a deep and enjoyable experience as many others have done for me. I have MZ. I understand using the engine to make characters, and mapping, and I'll get to scripting later. I want to do a simple, private project or two to get the hang of things before I consider making something releasable to the public. I can write, I have plots and stories ready to flesh out. The only thing I do not know where to start with, will be the actual sex animations themselves. I'm thinking sex animations as per NTRPG1/2, or Henteria Chronicles 2 because I like that style, it seems accessable even for a non-artist, and it feels like carrying on an old-school tradition. I'm talking straight up 2d pixel sex, with a text box to output speech and thoughts throughout, etc. How are the animations made? Is it easy? Does it take a long time? Is there a trick, a program or obvious resources I'm overlooking?

I've looked at 'sex animation sprite sheets' from, I think, previous version of RPGM, but I don't understand how it comes together nor what the workflow is. Do I have to make a sheet of blank/bald male/female sprites and manually pose each sprite position through an animated loop? Do I have to generate a character in engine, then take cuts of their heads to overlay on top of these animated blanks in each position? Is this done on the fly in MZ, or do I have to bake them together into a custom bmp sheet for each character and each pose, that MZ will then interpret as an animation?

I'm lost. Show me the way to make pixel sprites do the nasty, so I can make lewd stories for yall.

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
You'll have to do everything outside MZ.
MZ doesn't have any animation features that might help.

If you don't want to use the show picture option you can make walking character sheets and use the turn option to animate them, but you'll still have to make mostly everything from scratch.
This is the easiest way I can think of, the events won't be difficult to make... But it will limit your frames per scene.

You'll have to make the sprites yourself and make sure they're properly sized. You can't just crop a character's head from the generator and paste it onto a sheet though.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
I have rpg mz and it does have animation features it just nobody know how to use it you need another software to create them called but if you don't want to use Effekseer then there is another way if you still have mv you go back and forth from mz to mv to mz but just don't touch it in mz (settings for it)

331825_stephscene1-22-1-1.png

here something that I use to make my character spread sheet it helps me so it might help you

charsettemplate.png

Henteria Chronicles 2
something like Henteria Chronicles 2 you would have to make them as character spread sheet and when you are import them make sure you select stepping

like so here
296752_momscene2-1.png

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I have rpg mz and it does have animation features it just nobody know how to use it you need another software to create them called but if you don't want to use Effekseer then there is another way if you still have mv you go back and forth from mz to mv to mz but just don't touch it in mz (settings for it)

View attachment 1889034

here something that I use to make my character spread sheet it helps me so it might help you

View attachment 1889031

something like Henteria Chronicles 2 you would have to make them as character spread sheet and when you are import them make sure you select stepping

like so here
View attachment 1889023
The stepping option (or turn option if you want more customization) is the only option if you want to keep the animating in engine.
And it's not really animation, really limited frames.

Show picture loop is the other one...

The animation tab is not good at all for what he's looking for and isn't realistically a viable option.
You need to own MV or use 3rd party software that does the same as a simple show picture loop... Waste of time tbh

DoubleLust

Feb 16, 2021
Hey f95'rs, Queen Nothing here.

Is it easy? Does it take a long time? Is there a trick, a program or obvious resources I'm overlooking?

I'm lost.
Well here's some info to push you into the right direction.

Almost everything you need is going to be custom created by you, it will be cell animation and done frame by frame
in gimp or photoshop.

Download the games and pull them apart and look at the sprite sheets, open one of the sheets and fool around with it, try to apply your characters head to that characters animation sheet, try and simulate breast movement or hair movement, give yourself an idea of what hole you are going down, just don't release a game with said reference material.

Personally I would consider how to learn the basics with 3D software, its a skill set that will carry you a lot farther in future projects and the ability to render out a character sheet in 3D vs hand animating each frame, is minutes vs hours... and you are going to want to consider that being a solo dev.

this plugin is what you use to create animated frames

from the brief look at the games you mentioned, one of them uses a mixture of chibi sprite and Kaiser sprite pages, if you are adamant about learning 2D sprites i would stick with learning sheets based off of kaiser material, a little easier to figure out body movement.

HalfKaizerAverageFemalePACK.png

Thats a basic reference sheet for kaiser, I believe a character generator is somewhere on the internet as well.

as far as animating with 3d?
Kick.gif
RavenF95.png

Wonder.gif

Wonderf95.png

sprite animations from my own private learning experience, Marvel/DC fighting game created inside of Rpgmaker, after setting the camera to match the cell size, it takes about 5min to render a cell.