Unity - Naela's Journey [v0.2.1] [AraAra]

1. 3.00 star(s)

LS47

Version 0.1.4

Not quite there yet, but it shows a lot of promise. I'm not a fan of the art style, but it's a really ambitious game with a breeding system with shared traits and stats, and a Pokemon-like battle system, which while not very deep is still fun to use, although I must say there is not exp sharing between monsters participating in the same fight, so it's almost impossible for a lvl 1 monster to progress if you're not lucky.

Content wise, there's quite a few monsters, but that's it. It's a game in early progress and I only got as far as the road next to the second "village", so I can't say what comes after that. Although, I will watch this project closely in hopes it grows in the following months.

Good luck for your project !
  2. 4.00 star(s)

lurd

So i have played quite a few versions up to now and you can really see the improvements. It seems the developer is getting more experienced which is great! I like the whole idea of this game and the art is pretty decent. I might not be a 4 star game right now but i feel it has the potential to go to a 5 star game eventually.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ybola

+ This game project has interesting thematic and potentially addictive gameplay (alike pokemon games)
    + There are optional body parts for monsters
    - Personage and NPC graphics quality is poor
    - Some monsters have unnatural poses
    - Animation looks incomplete and poor
    - Unpacked size is TERRIFIC > 6 GB, looks like author used uncompressed bitmaps
    - Breeding mechanic isn't developed

I presume there is potential with condition of reworked graphics
  4. 5.00 star(s)

1213123131331^313113

Really great Game with real big potential love it rember me a bit of breeding sesion and pokemon. Would love to see more personal option for the monster like personal traits you can change with action and some more change/upgrades to your home/farm for the future. Keep up the great work
  5. 3.00 star(s)

PoyntFury

Let's start off with the negatives, and get them out of the way, first.

The controls are fucking weird, man. Not like the movement controls, but turning the camera being keyboard buttons and not something done by moving the mouse, it's just strange and unintuitive. Also, there's no walking or idling animation, and the mc doesn't even have proper art from each angle. Sometimes, while walking at a 45 degree angle, you turn into a mannequin.

There's a distinct lack of animations despite there being 5-6 monsters. Even then, not every monster has an animation with the 2 positions that are currently available. Rather than working to get those monsters into the animation pool, the dev chose to keep adding new monsters that also don't have animations. I know this isn't my game, but in my opinion, the dev is 100% focused on the wrong things.

Lastly in the negative comments: the game is basically... Pokemon? Like you run into ankle high grass and encounter monsters the same way yu do on Route 201 on BDSP, and I dunno that that's the best way to do things. Maybe the dev isn't experienced enough to be confident in doing a system like BOTN, but I definitely prefer the latter. In the same vein as the Pokemon comment, the player can only capture monsters with collars that have a chance to fail, just like a pokeball. Imo, another bad choice. There's nothing enjoyable about finding a monster you really like and, because you have instant kills on (which, come on, of course you do, no one wants to really work for their fap and who can blame them) it's basically impossible to capture them. Here's an idea, free of charge: change the system so that it offers you the opportunity to collar a monster you just knocked out.

So let's get onto the good. Starting off, the art. Honestly the art is pretty decent, if spotty in some areas. The mc would be way more interesting if we could change her outfit.

To be honest, at this moment (0.06), the art is the only outright good part of this game. Despite that, I'm still giving it 3 stars, with room for an upgrade or a downgrade depending on how the dev improves the game. This could be a fantastic offering at some point, but it could also become another piece of shit smeared on the proverbial toilet that is the hentai games sphere of the internet. Sadly, it seems like the game might be going in the latter direction, but we will see, given time.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

iton

for 0.05 version.

Idea and tags: idea is good, there are some features like pregnancy and monster procreation, but there isn't enough gameplay sense in it.
    Content: there just aren't enough content to be game. There is one town from five homes and 2 NPC and players' home, that's all.
    Graphics: 2d style in the game have poor quality. Animations are the same and looking positions in 3d world are bad chosen. There is disturbing combination of 2d graphic NPC (not all, 2 NPC in town are fine) and 3d world. Wolves are green and dragons are pink.

Maybe that's not too far to start remake creatures and personage in 3d and get game of some better quality, like Overtopia by SilverGogs or manage good artist and got good hybrid graphics like at Daggan by Malerouille. Anyway good luck to developer to get most of it.