VN - Others - Completed - Nagori Rokudo Striving to be her ideal self -The inexperienced love life of a hard-to-get psychology lecturer- [Final] [INTERHEART glos]

1. 4.00 star(s)

fakitap

Story:

Honestly, the story is about as wonderfully stupid as the title makes it seem.
    Woman that plays hard to get because she is afraid of men but also afraid of being hated if she outright rejects them basically LARPs as a different person (in terms of personality) for years. Random dude tells her he loves her but does not actually let up and repeats it after she tells him "Love at first sight doesn't actually work and you literally don't even know my name but are professing your love to me, my dude.". Well obviously because he says he loves her a second time, that means the logical next action to take is to immediately accept and ask him to move in with her starting the same day.
    Her plan is initally to "act as his girlfriend so she can collect data on how men function in relationships in order to seem more experienced when writing her book about the male psyche". That plan falls apart in around 24ish hours because she obviously immediately start falling in love with him.

The rest of the story is really just "watching a woman that is in love with a guy that loves her too sabotage their relationship in order to keep acting more experienced than she is" with the usual complications that you would run into if you keep telling your partner "Actually I sleep around a lot. I've had different partners all the time." and trying to make him jealous.

It's all stupid, but still amusing and a decent enough premise for a short VN like this (think all in all this was roughly 3 hours? Maybe 4.). The only choices you get (or rather the only choice you get, since it's the same one 4 times) is really just "creampie or cum on her?" and despite constant mentions of pregnancy these choices don't lead to some other ending in which she is pregnant. There is only one ending.

The only scene that struck me as a little odd was one in which Nagori acts like she was out partying and is pass-out drunk only for her boyfriend, who this story otherwise wants to paint as the kindest and purest and most innocent and best guy ever, to rape her while he thinks she is passed out. Nagori is in fact neither drunk nor asleep throughout this and constantly goes back and forth between being happy she made the guy jealous and angry that he is raping her. Naturally the only way in which this is addressed is...by her waking him up with a titjob the next morning in order to "punish" him. Then the story goes right back to acting like her boyfriend is the second coming of Jesus again.

2.5/5

Sound:

Nothing special really. Quite a few lines are voiced but it's still only 4-5 each scene. The music is generic VN bgm that is neither too distracting, nor something you will remember a second after closing the VN. Sound during the sex scenes is actually quite nice, but Nagoris moaning is very obviously on a loop of maybe 30 seconds. Obviously these VNs always have loops or only have sound for the first few seconds of each scene, but the reason I mention this is because the loop is hilarious in its own right.
    5-6 seconds into the loop she makes a weird ass sound that evokes the image of a Jawa choking on a sausage, so it is pretty hard to ignore when you keep hearing this same very odd and very specific sound multiple times.

3(+1 for the comedic effect of that sound)/5

Art:

Obviously subjective but I really liked Nagoris design and the quality of the CG art in general and will look out for other VNs by this company just for that reason. It's also not only the sex scenes that get CGs but the same is true for most scenes that the VN wants you to consider important/memorable and these non-sexual CGs (e.g. sharing dessert or Nagori making a bento box) actually do a better job showing how happy she is and how much she cares - behind all those insecurities and delusions - than the sometimes questionable writing which could, in part, be due to translation errors.

4.5/5

Smut:

All in all there are 11 sex scenes which, considering the 3 hours it takes to get through this, is more than enough. Any more would have likely interfered with telling what little story the VN has. If you're looking for anything but vanilla you're in the wrong place because that is all you will get. Blowjob, Handjob, Titjob and otherwise just your mix of missionary, doggy and cowgirl. If you are on board for the stupid and cheesy story though, that will seem appropriate and like it would not have made sense to go into fetishes when this is supposed to be 2 people having their first sexual experiences with each other (virgin meets virgin). They are decently long and usually have 4-6 CGs for each scene, but they are also not needlessly drawn out.

4/5

In conclusion:

Short, stupid, unintentionally funny at times and of a decently high quality. The 14 points above would mean that my actual rating is 3.5/5 but since there is only 3 or 4 and I actually really liked reading a japanese VN that (outside of that one scene mentioned above) does not devolve into pure degeneracy I'm more inclined to round up rather than down.

4/5
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Gravy Dog

Vanilla romance with a delusional teacher who pretends to be hard to get while sleeping with the first student who proposes to her in the story. It follows a pretty straightforward I'll just pretend to love him until I actually fall for him. I guess she became a psychology teacher because she is really good at mental gymnastics. Not much choice in the story besides how you like your cum shots. The CGs are pretty darn good and it sticks to just the one faceless male lead but in various positions. Give it a try if you like pure love at first sight romances.