Ren'Py name saves

suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
anyone know where in the code i can turn off save names or an input i can put in the console command. i like to save frequently and its a bit of an inconvenience to have to click an extra time each time i go to save

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
anyone know where in the code i can turn off save names or an input i can put in the console command.
It's something added by the game creator, so there's no way to turn it off except removing the part of the code doing it ; part that will change with almost all games.

i like to save frequently and its a bit of an inconvenience to have to click an extra time each time i go to save
Well, I'm tempted to answer: ask the dev to learn how to do that part correctly.

There's absolutely no need for that extra step, few games that don't have that don't have that extra step, and two-three threads on this forum that explain how to not have that extra step.

suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
It's something added by the game creator, so there's no way to turn it off except removing the part of the code doing it ; part that will change with almost all games.

Well, I'm tempted to answer: ask the dev to learn how to do that part correctly.

There's absolutely no need for that extra step, few games that don't have that don't have that extra step, and two-three threads on this forum that explain how to not have that extra step.
i did post this question in the devs forum the response was to post here so now im being told two different things i also wouldnt mind being told or given a code to put in the game

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] i also wouldnt mind being told or given a code to put in the game
I know that my English is far to be good, but what is difficult to understand in "there's no way to turn it off except removing the part of the code doing it ; part that will change with almost all games." ?

suckassonline

Jun 1, 2020
I know that my English is far to be good, but what is difficult to understand in "there's no way to turn it off except removing the part of the code doing it ; part that will change with almost all games." ?
right let me specify since we are being assholes now, where the fuck is the code so i can change it, ive look and did see it, i know how to change it just dont know where it is

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
right let me specify since we are being assholes now, where the fuck is the code so i can change it, ive look and did see it, i know how to change it just dont know where it is
What is difficult to understand in "part that will change with almost all games" ?

Since the starts you want something that do not exist, and that I relatively explicitly pointed as it. It's not because you'll change the way you ask, that the reality will suddenly change.

You want to remove it ? Learn to code in Ren'Py, then browse the code of each fucking game that have a broken way to ask for the save name, in order to find how and where, in that particular game, it is, period.