VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Naughty Magic [v0.8] [Ptypoe]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Spinxas

Average game, feels very outdated with renders and CGs, but models are quite beautiful either way. Animations are poor, story is poor and gameplay is quite poor, as you can mind control people with your magic, but they just forget everything that happens, plus the scenes are repetitive hence there is almost no reason to use the powers.

Overall it's OK game, outdated with poor story, but worth to give it a go if there is nothing else.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

MezzaPez

Its... an alright game honestly I think the girls are beautiful and the renders are honestly pretty good. I think though the graphical side of the game is what makes it a decent game and then everything else.... makes it not so great.

I will say this before typing what I think this game slacks in. It is a very simple game and very easy to progress. Now I think the problem with this game is that the mind control properties are to simple and to smooth in a negative way. You put them under magic and then you tell them what to do and they wake up and forget and eventually start doing those things in the real world rather then under the spell. It doesn't really feel like your progressing honestly.... I mean you can visually see it in the late game for sure but in the early game the transition doesn't really feel that great you just put them under a spell tell them what to do and you do that for a few nights until the next option appears. But the daily routines don't feel that great.

So I guess you could say that the second part does that better then the first part for sure but its still a similar issue in the early game of the second part.

My second problem with this game is well the progression itself. It felt choppy and confusing. You know there is a problem with the progression of the game when the creator has to ask you what options you picked at like 4-5 waypoints throughout the game. I know some might say that was just to help change things if you wanted but I don't think so I think that it was because the creator knew how confusing it was to get results despite the simplicity.

I still recommend it and I still think the renders and characters are great/beautiful. The story is great so I would give it a shot.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

lance43230

This game has beautiful characters, great artwork, decent writing and a decent story.

With the crazy number of choices and options, it feels like a sandbox game so you can play several times and see how it turns out. It has considerably more mind control than most other games (if that is what you are looking for). One downside is that it is a bit grindy, but using the cheat mod reduces grindiness to whatever you want to deal with. It would be great if someone out there developed a walkthrough explaining choices needed to get to create which outcomes. I strongly support everybody try the game and support the Dev. Hopefully, then the creator develops a long list of sequels and spinoffs with different characters.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

tmathis

Good but not great. Models are pretty attractive and scenes are reasonably hot. Not too much grind, which is good. Overall, worth a run through but probably not more than one. Definitely shows its age a little bit and there's not much of a storyline behind things. Did enjoy some of the humorous bits though.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

felicemastronzo

it's a pity for the graphic level, otherwise it would be a recommended game. but the presence of some very grainy images, which look like enlargements made with the paintbrush, and a certain laziness in the scenes (some scenes in different situations are clearly duplicated, like the threesome Kate-Jo-Mc to which only the scene with Mc is added to the duo Kate-Jo, or the roleplay with Jo) sharply lower the grade for me.

the story is pleasant, especially that of Sara, with the quarrel / reconciliation with Indi, jealousy with Dani. the story with Jo immediately takes the predatory drift with her proving much more capable than Mc in bribing (Mel, Kate and eventually Sara and Indi) without needing magic, overall it seemed more banal.

two points of the story that could have been better developed are Arion, who doesn't make great variations, if not a light NTR, and Dani with whom practically enough to be warned by Indi to end the relationship ... I would have liked a little more Drama

Is it possible that with Ani, Indi's mother, there are no important interactions? in theory she has a score too ...
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Newi31

I thought it was rather average. You can tell it's a 2017 game, the renders are kinda meh.

There isn't really a story that develops over time, it's a build relationships game. And the incest patch isn't for the MC. You're not related to Jo (the lady) and her daughter Sara (your blonde friend). The patch is just so they boink each other.

The recurring gameplay where you have to magic-corrupt the girls by following a set formula was the worst. Kiss for a few days at night, then feeling, undressing, HJ, BJ, then finally sex... and it's basically all just ONE single sex scene that's unlocked bit by bit over thirty attempts. It's such a grind and the final sex scene wasn't even satisfying.

A lot of the dialog is repeated as well, with tiny variations depending on how much you've unlocked. Outside the repeated scenes there's some humorous wit to be found but it's not enough to undo the torture of the grind and the constant deja vu.

Welp. Not my thing, and I usually like build-relationships games - perhaps better ones have spoiled me. I wish every person that rated this high blue balls for a few days as punishment for dangling a hell-carrot in front of my face.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Draakaap23

[v0.8]
    I really like this game, despite a lot of it short comings.
    Let me iterate:
    The renders are grainy.
    the sex scenes are repetitive and rationed out for no good reason except... *holds up airquoting fingers* 'magic'!
    The magic points (or lack there of) work like a content blocker.
    The technical side is messy.
    The games pacing is very slow, too slow for my taste.

So why do I like it?
    The characters have some personality and the interactions come across as believable, if somewhat strained when it comes to sexual content.
    The writing is very good but again: pacing is slow.
    The way the magic system works is you need to ration out your uses and lets you decide the way what girls get most, if any attention and that is probably why I like it so much: Unlike other games, you get to mix and match what girls give up sexual content and when.
    And even when you don't use magic, the girls themselves might start initiate scenes, although repetitive since there is little variations from day to day.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

sotorojo

This game is one of my favorites. The women are very beautiful, even though the graphics resolution is not as crisp as some recent games. The story is fun and engaging, and there is plenty of sexual content. The MC is a decent fellow, despite the whole "using magic to have sex with women" thing. I like how the women choose to be sexual with the MC without magic over time. There are plenty of decision points, and they do have a big influence on the progression of the game.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

cucubau111

This is one of those typical corruption games. Guy finds a magic lamp and rubs it over and over until he corrupts the ladies of the house. If you're looking for some story-driven game, I doubt you'll find any satisfaction here.

I gave it 4 stars, but it was for one reason only: the character called Jo. She is both physically attractive and with an enticing personality, overall one of the most attractive ladies that I've seen in any game. It would not be an exaggeration to say that if it wasn't for her I would give the game 2 stars max.

Most of the other characters look a bit weird, in my opinion. I guess that the author spent all his time on Jo, and didn't have much time for others.

This game also has some really grainy renders popping from time to time.

It's a bit of a grind at times, but nothing too bad. I would say that you have to replay a scene twice on average to move forward, so well within decent limits.

Options are somewhat limited: you can't chase only after one girl; if you choose to stop Jo from hooking up with her female boss in the beginning, she will just end up having sex with your female boss later.

Overall I would say that this an average game that is carried by one fantastic character.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Alfius

What a nice little hidden gem this was!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I'm not normally one for corruption games, but this one was very nicely done.

The characters was very pretty, and their personalities pretty awesome. I straight of the bat, fell for Sara, so even though there was limitations in the game, I was 100% happy with progress.

Now the game is not perfect.

Some of the renders were very grainy.
    Some of the story arcs felt a bit incomplete (Kate, Eve)
    Not sure if there were logic issues, but my "dates" with Jo seemed a bit wonky. There were some non sensical logic in the last in-game week.

Despite these shortcomings, The game is well worth playing and I wish it was supported more.

I would give it a 7/10
  11. 1.00 star(s)

alominus

Repeat scenes, choices that lead to the same result, and a lifeless story. Playing this game feels grindy as hell despite it not even being a sandbox game. The game also being split into two parts makes it obvious that no choices matter whatsoever, and despite that, very little effort went into the story. This game screams lazy.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Story : It's not bad but not good either
    Renders are really good
    I got a small error but ignoring it fixed it

This game is great but there are a few things that got me disappointed

1 : To many repeatable scenes
    2 : Later you dont need magic anymore as you used to for some woman and they just make love with you
    3 I made a deal to make the female my genie but i saw no difference i still had the male genie
    Overall not bad game It's just good still gave it 4 stars
    (y)
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Casual Voyeur

A kind of magic

Many games I come across these days have beautiful renders, animations, music - the developers show great skill on the "technical" side of game creation.
    But what about the parts that lie beneath the shell: (believable & likeable) characters, (realistic) dialogue, (aesthetic) eroticism?
    In my opinion only few games manage to stand out in that department because it requires more than technical skill: wisdom and empathy.

Naughty Magic is one of these gems.

The renders aren't mind-blowing but "only" well done.
    There's no music.
    The story isn't new.

But... the characters are appealing, diverse, interesting and likeable.
    Jo could be a twin sister of Ariane, one of my all-time favourite adult game characters - so that's an instant like.
    Sara - even though her face occasionally looks a bit unflattering - is a cutie.
    Evie takes on the role of the desirable yet repellent "bitch".
    Then there's also Dani and Indi - chocolate and strawberries...
    Let's not forget about the MC himself, who's easily one of the best looking main characters in any adult game I've played so far - and thankfully he doesn't come across as particularly creepy.

Now to the most important part (at least for me): story and dialogue.
    This is where Naughty Magic really shines in my opinion.
    Again, the story isn't new or mind-blowing, but it's well written and the dialogue feels believable.
    There are also only very few spelling errors, which is pretty rare in adult games (although the dev seems to dislike commas).

At first I wasn't too fond of the implementation of magic, but since the characters seem to genuinely care for each other and the magic only amplifies and permits these (hidden) feelings, I'm okay with it.
    The intimacy between the characters and the slow build-up (kissing, tenderness) make the naughty scenes even more tantalizing and erotic (and eroticism is a rare find in adult games, which seem to be dominated by raw sex scenes).

Yes, Naughty Magic is a bit grindy and repetitive, but since it's story driven and you get constantly rewarded, it's bearable.
    I am really glad the dev hasn't turned Naughty Magic into another annoying sandbox game.

If you are looking for a lovingly crafted adult game with likeable characters, believable dialogue and a good amount of eroticism, give it a try.

~

Update 0.50

After (finally) getting to play the new version I feel a bit bummed out.

First off - I don't like split-up games (who does actually?).
    It wouldn't be that bad if we could have used our old saves and continued where we left.
    I had my distinctive playthroughs - each focusing on certain characters.
    Sadly, the questionnaire and the distribution of magic at the beginning of the second part do not reflect them accurately.

On top of that the new version resets the magic scenes, which means you need to repeat them altogether.
    There are also inconsistencies like the MC hesitating to kiss Dee - although he already kissed her at the end of 0.40 without the use of magic.

All these drawbacks add up, so I feel like I should subtract at least half a star.
    However, I will stick to my four star rating as I really like the writing, the characters, the chemistry between them and the erotic scenes.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

drcynic22

While some of the rendering of the faces (such as smiles and other minor bits) is a bit off, the story itself is good and engrossing. I feel like I can easily identify with the lead, and the girls are all unique and have their own strengths. I look forward to the next update when it comes out.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Astro55

New Top 5 Game! Fantastic renderings, Original new story that isn't a repeat of anything out there, and a real VN where your choices really matter and change the direction of the story all combined with well written story that makes you feel like you are in the game.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.20 Gold...

This visual novel/game has a bit of repetitive text and visuals due to the slight grind involved with increasing the magical corruption of each woman... It still has a story that plays out, so it's not your typical grind based game, but it does have a grind...

The visuals of the characters are very good, and the backdrops are good as well... You will see some erotic visuals over and over again, with some small variance now and then, depending on the woman and how far you use magic on them... There seemed to be a very tiny bit of animation during a few moments, but the movement was so slight, it felt almost non-existent as they are just flip picture types of animation with very tiny movements... You may even not notice them...

The script is pretty good with only the occasional spelling/grammar error... The plot revolves around a male protagonist who is living with an previous neighbor and her two daughters while attending college... During that time he comes across a magic lamp with a male genie inside... But instead of wishes, the genie offers the protagonist a magic ability to temporarily mind control women into doing erotic things... This has the side effect of slowly corrupting them into more and more erotic things, while also leaving a tiny bit of that corruption in them even after the magic is done each day... The first game week it is free to use once per day on one woman... The 2nd week it costs $200.00 and can be used two times but only once per women per day... And it goes on from there... Now there are only 2 weeks of game play, so technically you can only get so far, plus the only catch is that the more daring sexual stuff requires a semi-willingness of the women to want to do it in the first place...

The game play is different then your typical corruption/mind control grind... The grind is hidden into the normal day to day routine which will also include main story progression now and then... And depending on choices made and how far the magic has gone with each woman involved, that story may play out a bit differently... But be very careful, there are Player Punishment Dead Ends in this VN/Game... Going too far with certain choices at the wrong times may lead to dire consequences... There are not very many at the moment, but it sounds like the developers have plans to add more... I'm not really a fan at all with Player Punishment, especially once you get deep into a slightly grindy story, because then you feel like you've wasted so much time... So be prepared to save game now and then, just in case you get carried away...

You will read repeating text each game day, and alas there is no way to CTRL through it, as I tried and it doesn't skip... That is either because it's turned off, or the text is being treated as being new and not seen before already each and every time... So you end up having to click through that repeating text, which is annoying (and wears out your mouse faster)... There is also some repetition with the visuals... With the magic on each woman, some steps need to be repeated several times before you can move on to the next step... Some of the visuals will repeat, but you may also see slight alterations to parts of those repeating visuals, so don't skip through them too quickly... Same goes with the Sunday pool parties, if you even choose to go, as you will see a bunch of repeat text and visuals, until the protagonist gets out of the pool and the women's game is different each time... So, again do not click skip too quickly...

Now, there are a lot of women characters introduced as potential magic corruption targets, but with the eventual game play only being 8 weeks in total, you will be limited on how far you can go with too many women... You can concentrate on a few and maybe get to a point of them doing stuff even without magic involved, or you can go less further but with more women... Plus the money situation will also be a factor, since the most the protagonist makes is $100 a week, yet $200 a week is needed to keep the magic going (what a magic wielding genie needs with mortal money who knows)... Have to wait for future content before that has a solution... Another thing that is going on, is that some women have stories playing out while the corruption game is being played... How will that effect the players/readers plans, there is no knowing right now... Will it screw up plans (which I hope is not the case, because then it would feel like such a waste of time and just cause frustration/anger) or just play into them? Don't know yet...

Overall, this is actually a slightly complex VN/Game with really good visuals and some story... It's not heavy on the story, because a lot of text just repeats, but it has enough to keep it interesting... Erotic game play is somewhat repetitive, and takes time with the eventual decisions needing to be made... My only real concern is that, because they are designing this VN/Game to have replay value due to not being able to get all the way through all the girls content in one play through, and with the inability to CTRL through all the repeating text and so on, it will make every replay take a long time... It took me almost 3 hours to get through just the first 2 weeks of game play, and this thing plans to have 8 weeks... So that is a big time investment wasted on repeating things... We'll just have to wait and see how it continues to develop... Will I revisit this one? Most likely, but I'll probably wait for several more content updates due to the time investment required to play in the first place....
  17. 4.00 star(s)

botc76

Okay, the first version was quite good, but the new one up's the ante.
    So much more content between two versions, if only all games were like that.
    It has a tiny amount of grinding, but changes enough not to make it boring and both the writing is good and the renders are fine.

Great improvement, a good game.

Edited to add: Up to version 0.4 and things start to heat up nicely. A new girl is introduced and she's beautiful, if not as interesting a character as all the other ones.
    What I like about the game is that while it could be considered corruption, with the magic and all, at the same time you are also romancing the girls.

I would suggest using the mod, because otherwise you will need several playthroughs to get anywhere with all girls, due to the limits how often you can use magic. Even though you will probably need at least two playthroughs, because often you can only be with one girl and miss out the content for the other one. Sometimes you can achieve most of it together, if fe. you go to see Indi, you normally don't loose other content, so you don't need to go home straight, on the weekend however you have to make the important decision to hang with Sara and your friends or slowly seduce the hot milf.