[R> Other] [R>Writer] Paid Unpaid Need a narrative designer for a 3D mahou shoujo hentai game

rejik

Apr 1, 2023
Project:
- A game about the conflict between good and evil. The player assumes the role of a character on the dark side and the main part of the game plays out in a school.

Looking for:
- A narrative designer who can help shape the game's narrative. You should be knowledgeable in game design or interactive storytelling and have a passion for creating engaging and immersive experiences.

Employment Type:
- Negotiable

Work commitment:
- This is just a hobby project so there are no hard deadlines or specific work hours.

Job Description:
- Responsible for developing the overall narrative concept of the game. This includes creating memorable characters, building a cohesive world, and crafting immersive gameplay elements. Aside from the general setting, you will have complete creative freedom in terms of the game's content, as long as the presentation is interesting.

Additional comments:
- Even if some aspects of this role overlap there is no need to write a story or any dialogues.
Experience in the mahou shoujo genre and in hentai games with a similar setting would be advantageous (e.g, from Studios like Lusterise, KAI, Maika)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalenc

wariodude128

Apr 6, 2023
Can't seem to find you on Discord no matter what I do. Anyway, I'm interesting in helping shape the narrative of this game. The big question I have right now is if you as the "evil" player character is supposed to succeed or fail. That will be useful knowledge going forward. By the way, my Discord is wariodude128#1364.

rejik

Apr 1, 2023
The focus lies primarily on gameplay elements that make sense given the story's context. As I don't really have a particular story or characters in mind the specific setting of this project is totally open. Be it in today's school where the protagonist is a cultist and tries to corrupt everyone or an isekai setting where the protagonist gets summoned as the demon lord in a magic academy and conquers dungeons. I'm quite open to any story as long as there is some kind of conflict.

Ideally, winning or losing are just outcomes that should lead to different routes. The only gripe I have is with games that reward the player with scenes for losing.

DarthSpitz717

Mar 28, 2023
Hello
Bounced you an introduction at your Discord, but I'd like to open a small open discussion of what it is you would like to make for everyone to get an idea of the project.

From your posting I gather you want a conflict story that takes place in a school akin to a magic academy and Isekia like, "Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome games is Tough for Mobs." Though in your case, you wish to approach from the dark side, rather than a good guy Protagonist. And I am upstanding you wish for complex story plots, internal insights to character thoughts behind their motivations, distinct individual behaviors, and story within storylines that define the major characters. And since occult the range of "evil" of your MC can be very graphic and perverse to something way less

So first, as to get the ball rolling let's check off some of the game tags to flesh out the boundaries:
1. Incest, 2. Pregnancies, 3, rape 4, NTR, 5, monsters, lesbian, 5, Creampie, 6, romance, 7, corruption, 8, teacher, etc., etc.

What programs are you looking at Ren'PY...other?

Are you looking for a point system that unlocks content and paths or a simple choice system that locks and unlocks content. Since its a game and not so much a novel, am hoping there isn't a "hint" system so players can play over and over the game with different approaches.

I like economy of time and labor savings to save on having to do a lot of renders unless its critical to the game play. So if there is a crew involved with assigned responsibilities, we can keep an easy workflow and get content out in reasonable amount of time in between releases to maintain interest in the game.

I should have asked now that I think about it there are several other questions I ought to have asked first like the academy being either high school or college, western or Japanese style (anime) content and plot tropes. And yet still further, just for my curiosity what kind of artwork for character renders are involved.

rejik

Apr 1, 2023
From your posting I gather you want a conflict story that takes place in a school akin to a magic academy and Isekia like, "Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome games is Tough for Mobs." Though in your case, you wish to approach from the dark side, rather than a good guy Protagonist. And I am upstanding you wish for complex story plots, internal insights to character thoughts behind their motivations, distinct individual behaviors, and story within storylines that define the major characters. And since occult the range of "evil" of your MC can be very graphic and perverse to something way less

Thank you for your input. It appears that I may not have effectively communicated my point. I primarily want to make a game which is interesting gameplay wise. The story is of secondary importance.

I was just giving an example of a possible setting. A regular school and a secret identity would work as well, or a monster or female protagonist. While I like this LN and could think of an interesting mecha game concept it doesn't quite fit the bill.

There is no real need for a complex story as I'm more focused on how the game plays. I'm currently just in need of a high-level design.

So first, as to get the ball rolling let's check off some of the game tags to flesh out the boundaries:

1. Incest, 2. Pregnancies, 3, rape 4, NTR, 5, monsters, lesbian, 5, Creampie, 6, romance, 7, corruption, 8, teacher, etc., etc.

As long as it suits the given theme I don't see the need to set any boundaries. Maybe you got more ideas than me but for half of your tags, I can't really think of any interesting game mechanics.

What programs are you looking at Ren'PY...other?
Godot, Unity, Unreal, or any other 3D engine will do.

Are you looking for a point system that unlocks content and paths or a simple choice system that locks and unlocks content. Since its a game and not so much a novel, am hoping there isn't a "hint" system so players can play over and over the game with different approaches.

That really depends on the theme. Maybe a sandbox is a good choice or a level structure instead that leads to different situations. Triggering flags in conversations or reaching certain thresholds in the world to advance the game are possibilities too.

I like economy of time and labor savings to save on having to do a lot of renders unless its critical to the game play. So if there is a crew involved with assigned responsibilities, we can keep an easy workflow and get content out in reasonable amount of time in between releases to maintain interest in the game.

I should have asked now that I think about it there are several other questions I ought to have asked first like the academy being either high school or college, western or Japanese style (anime) content and plot tropes. And yet still further, just for my curiosity what kind of artwork for character renders are involved.

As a complete 3D game there won't be any renders. For the art style, I would probably use something similar to Genshin Impact but it doesn't really matter. Detailed visuals are of no real importance at the moment.

Well, I like creating games but find the design aspect quite tedious so I'm looking for help in this regard.

DarthSpitz717

Mar 28, 2023
I outlined one idea to your Discord account. I have another idea if that suggestion isn't what your looking for :)