• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Need a team to help make a hentai parody Re:Zero VN

Bigron225

Jul 20, 2022
I have an idea for a visual novel game I would like to make. It would be based on the anime/light novel series Re:Zero and it would be a hentai parody version of the world and characters.

I’m a writer so I would cover most of that but I’m open to maybe one other writer joining the crew. I mainly need an artist and coders. I believe the engine Renpy would be best to use. Please dm me if you are interested in helping me make this vision of mine come true.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Without being rude, we see posts like this one a lot. As soon as you request a team to form around you, it's a question of what you are bringing to table.

There's three vital things in making a good VN:
-writing the story and having a game design that is actually thought through and designed to be enjoyable to your target audience,
- art,
- dogged persistence and ability to do 200-1000s of hours of work.

I foresee different routes for thee ahead:

Incredibly lucky:

1. a artist with some talent appears and is interested in make a game around *your* idea, not their own. (hint: this is very rare.)

2. you have the skill to pull off a seat-of-the-pants writing effort to turn your vague idea into a game that is worth playing.

3. you also have the project management experience to keep a multi-year effort of volunteers together and delivering.

4. congrats, you win.

Cheap, high effort:

1. Write a full treatment of the game, to the level that all that is left is filling out the dialogue based on the detailed scene plans you have already prepared.

2. Learn enough basic renpy to put together at least a basic beginning VN so others can get a feel for your story and writing skills. Honestly, renpy is the easiest platform ever for this task, even if you have never tried "programming".

3. Steal art to act as placeholders in your sample chapter

4. Maybe then you will have enough evidence of effort to start gathering a team. A wild artist may appear.

5. You have the project management skills and work ethic to pull it together and keep delivering content for multiple years.

6. you win.

Money, high effort:

1. as above
2. as above
3. Commission some art. Enough art to get you started might be 500-1000usd.
4. Slot that into your sample game: now there's the potential to get some backing on crowdfunding sites, and maybe with enough effort you can spin that into an ongoing content delivery.
5. You have the project management skills and work ethic to pull it together and keep delivering content for multiple years.
6. you win.

You might notice there is no "mid" or "low" effort routes. The dungeons of F95 is littered with the corpses of still-born game ideas, or v0.1 games that die once the dev realizes the huge amount of effort needed.

Last edited: