2D need feedback on artstyle

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I think the first image "Layer 1.png" is the coolest in terms of style, I really like the line work, as well as the more action pose. Standing straight up tends not to look good with drawings, but are often needed for reference material. The fact that the first image has a more dynamic pose probably gives it an edge in that regard.

The third image "image012.png" would probably look better if the lines are cleaner, but the gentle shading effect helps give it an edge and if it wasn't for the rough line work, I would probably say it is number one.

the second image, while very well done, and maybe even done too well. it is a great style, most of the issue comes from the head/face design. again great style, it just seems too much like a supermodel with how it exaggerates key facial features (cheeks and the jaw). If it was halfway between what it is and the other two styles, I would say it would probably be able to communicate the same defining traits while also looking toonish without trying super hard to look like a super model.

Last edited:
Reactions: lagburn

lagburn

Nov 28, 2017
I think the first image "Layer 1.png" is the coolest in terms of style, I really like the line work, as well as the more action pose. Standing straight up tends not to look good with drawings, but are often needed for reference material. The fact that the first image has a more dynamic pose probably gives it an edge in that regard.

The third image "image012.png" would probably look better if the lines are cleaner, but the gentle shading effect helps give it an edge and if it wasn't for the rough line work, I would probably say it is number one.

the second image, while very well done, and maybe even done too well. it is a great style, most of the issue comes from the head/face design. again great style, it just seems too much like a supermodel with how it exaggerates key facial features (cheeks and the jaw). If it was halfway between what it is and the other two styles, I would say it would probably be able to communicate the same defining traits while also looking toonish without trying super hard to look like a super model.
Thanks for your advice, i just learned this style few days ago. I agree with you that i got some problem with the face, this seem hard, beacause im learning myself. Anyway thank for your feedback, ill keep practislcing for better result.