Need help: Translator ++ with RPG VX Ace games

foodforthot

Aug 27, 2018
When I try to start a new project from an RPGMVXACE game, it pops open a cmd window that shows the files being extracted, then once that's done it's back to the project creation window with zero results. If I try to use the extracted copy to start a project, it says it can't find initial.json in the cache (same one as in the posts above). If I try to redo it, it just tells me it already exists in the cache, and if I select that, it complains about the same missing initial.json.

It looks like it just gets stuck/confused somewhere in the extraction process. What gives?

Dopplyn

May 8, 2018
Thanks guys, after reading everything carefully I finally managed to translate some games.

Dopplyn

May 8, 2018
When I try to start a new project from an RPGMVXACE game, it pops open a cmd window that shows the files being extracted, then once that's done it's back to the project creation window with zero results. If I try to use the extracted copy to start a project, it says it can't find initial.json in the cache (same one as in the posts above). If I try to redo it, it just tells me it already exists in the cache, and if I select that, it complains about the same missing initial.json.

It looks like it just gets stuck/confused somewhere in the extraction process. What gives?
Follow Nnoas instructions, and download the addons. I was getting this same problem too, and now is working.

Cookies_36

Jun 15, 2019
Hi
to whoever is facing 'NoMethod Error' popup afterwards on an RPG VX Ace game, I have found out two solution that might do it

1-keep the original untranslated "Scripts.rvdata2" file (some text will stay untranslated like start screen).
2-after finishing the translation and text wrapping process (before extracting the files) find and replace all the "\ " with "\" (remove the space in all files using replace function).

Also, if you are having an already encrypted RPG VX Ace game (doesn't contain "data" and "graphics" folder. only "rgss3a" file), don't bother yourself decrypting the RGSS3A...etc file. just open the game as a new project and the program will decrypt it and save a copy of it. (might fix the infinity loading issue or when the tables don't load after opening the game as a new project).
(tested on version 3.3.30B).

Finally, to avoid file not found error keep the program and the game in a simple short directory ("D:\Translator" for example).

Reactions: darius047

darius047

May 30, 2020
Hi
to whoever is facing 'NoMethod Error' popup afterwards on an RPG VX Ace game, I have found out two solution that might do it

1-keep the original untranslated "Scripts.rvdata2" file (some text will stay untranslated like start screen).
2-after finishing the translation and text wrapping process (before extracting the files) find and replace all the "\ " with "\" (remove the space in all files using replace function).

Also, if you are having an already encrypted RPG VX Ace game (doesn't contain "data" and "graphics" folder. only "rgss3a" file), don't bother yourself decrypting the RGSS3A...etc file. just open the game as a new project and the program will decrypt it and save a copy of it. (might fix the infinity loading issue or when the tables don't load after opening the game as a new project).
(tested on version 3.3.30B).

Finally, to avoid file not found error keep the program and the game in a simple short directory ("D:\Translator" for example).
Thank you! Replacing "\ " with "\" solved it for me!

poisenfire

May 24, 2018
I'm getting this

Log started!
Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0 Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'autoInit.php' (include_path='.;./php/includes') in Unknown on line 0 Can not successfully parse your game! Read the documentation here:

any help would be appreciated.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
help me, anyone know how to fix this, i copy all the file in "export to a folder" and this happen :(
When I see that for me <<<Note the for me
It has normally been a spacing problem with a variable or a cap problem some thing like / / N [1] being there instead of //N[1]

have also seen T ++ to bugger the cap's some times where instead of //N[1] which let us say was right you get //n[1] which let us say is wrong, have also seen the caps the other way where T++ made a lower case into and upper case.

just a couple of things you might look for that I have seen. But I personally do see that mostly for spacing problems.

In the case of the / / N [1] you might try a search for N and make sure and put a space on both side's of it so words like Normally or Natural would be ignored.