Need honest opinion about this art style

Starvy_Jedi

Jun 3, 2019
Hi guys!
I'm step by step going on with the work in progress for my Adult Visual Novel.

Sadly I'm forced to work on a cheap graphic tablet by now and this sometime drives me crazy.
Anyway...I'm looking for an appealing look for my characters, and before starting to draw all the poses I would love a sincere opinion about the style of drawing I've developed for this project, by now (I could change it again, depending on what I will read here).

My goal is to get something cute and sexy at the same time (but not manga).

This is the couple of milf sisters:

sisters.jpg

I wonder if, in your opinion, this kind of pictures could do their job.
Thanx!

FemaLep

Nov 4, 2018
Don't know about that waist on the right, looks really unhealthy, or too caved in. I think everything else looks alright in terms of quality. Maybe just stray away from doing corset-restricted waists.

Reactions: sdfgjhdfszbg

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Yes, this would do. Definitely. I mean don't expect everyone to jump on the 2D train but those who are into it, yes, this is classy. Don't stick with a single body shape but i guess this was obvious. Otherwise, great details. You don't have to worry if this is okay, its more than okay.

Reactions: Starvy_Jedi

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
Hi guys!

Sadly I'm forced to work on a cheap graphic tablet by now and this sometime drives me crazy.
Anyway...I'm looking for an appealing look for my characters, and before starting to draw all the poses I would love a sincere opinion about the style of drawing I've developed for this project, by now (I could change it again, depending on what I will read here).

View attachment 328590

Thanx!
giff.gif

• Haha
Reactions: u z i

Starvy_Jedi

Jun 3, 2019
Don't know about that waist on the right, looks really unhealthy, or too caved in. I think everything else looks alright in terms of quality. Maybe just stray away from doing corset-restricted waists.
You are right, that waist in a bit unnatural. I will fix it, thank u very much! :D

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
i love it :love:
if i'm nitpicking over here: the eyes seem kind of droopy (especially of the "landlady"), but then again every artist has his/her style(and i'm no artist!)
anyways, looking forward to the release of your VN. all the best. :)

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I think it is fine as it is,

Thigh and up is smart, allows for an understanding of the full body pose while also focusing on the main lewd parts and allowing the face to be close enough to show enough detail.

I assume the girl on the leftmost side is without makeup or has a more reserved style. Will this be the final size? I point out the color and a ask this question because even with my color calibrated monitor and multi-monitor set up, I keep feeling that no matter what I try to do (adjusting calibrations or different monitor sizes) to make the image look as intended, the eyes of the woman to the left just seem hard to read. Mainly, they look a bit too light or too small (I am talking about the iris). Not sure if it is just because the image got shared at a lower resolution but her eyes are kinda hard to read. Now the girl to the right is different, here iris just seem a bit darker, and so I can read them just fine, I don't need to focus on them to see the glint details. So I would recommend more contrast.

as for the comment of the droop eyes, I would have 3 suggestions, but I don't know if any of them actually improve or correct the observation. it applies mostly to the lady on teh left. Simply have the eye brows more like the lady on the right, so there is lest distance from eye lid to eye brow. Second, maybe without adjusting the size of the eyes, have the eye lid open a bit more to make it as if the eyes are more open and awake, and not covering too much of the pupil (I do see pupil have coverd in lots of art situations but i find it is a fine line between too much and just enough, I would say a little less puil coverage unless you want them to look half asleep. third and last, perhaps try to raise (from the characters perspective) their right eye to be even. It looks like you are trying to shift them for the sake of a perspective distortion, however, keep in mind that we typically look people in the eyes or generally turn our face to theirs and as a result their eyes will match our horizontal level (we may be looking down or up) which everything vanish to, so the natural perspective distortion for eyes should be that they are level until they either have an extreme head pose or an extremely different view.

The body design is interesting and reminds me of a lot of the stuff I had to work with, so I will not comment on them too much. I assume the large hips and breast are related to being milfs. I would say, for milfs, perhaps more pubes, but if most people are into clean shaving then what you have is fine, but I think it would help diversify characters. as for the left girl, shoulder droop may be at the far end of what I would allow, and even then I may make it less extreme. I can't tell if the girl on the right has the same sholders that only happen to look more raised due to the shoulders of the shirt, but hers look fine. I would say play between the angles of shoulders between what you have now vs straight. though I can understand if you are trying to slow sleepiness. Without context or a more neutral reference image, I would recommend avoiding effect ment to communicate things such as sleepiness and try to focus on the most neutral natural and normally awake pose you can.

any other suggestion I may have would be, perhaps increase the contrast of the shading, it may help make it more readable, and less flat, but it is also easy to over due, but if you like it as it is, then that's fine too.

Starvy_Jedi

Jun 3, 2019
I think it is fine as it is,

Thigh and up is smart, allows for an understanding of the full body pose while also focusing on the main lewd parts and allowing the face to be close enough to show enough detail.

I assume the girl on the leftmost side is without makeup or has a more reserved style. Will this be the final size? I point out the color and a ask this question because even with my color calibrated monitor and multi-monitor set up, I keep feeling that no matter what I try to do (adjusting calibrations or different monitor sizes) to make the image look as intended, the eyes of the woman to the left just seem hard to read. Mainly, they look a bit too light or too small (I am talking about the iris). Not sure if it is just because the image got shared at a lower resolution but her eyes are kinda hard to read. Now the girl to the right is different, here iris just seem a bit darker, and so I can read them just fine, I don't need to focus on them to see the glint details. So I would recommend more contrast.
Saki thank you very much for this detailed feedback, it's gold for me!

Nice, I will add contrast.
The eyes had to be darker also on the left milf but I did a little mess while coloring levels.
Then...my current monitor is not good. As soon as I can I need to buy something better, but I'm facing dark times with money...aaargh! :)

as for the comment of the droop eyes, I would have 3 suggestions, but I don't know if any of them actually improve or correct the observation. it applies mostly to the lady on teh left. Simply have the eye brows more like the lady on the right, so there is lest distance from eye lid to eye brow. Second, maybe without adjusting the size of the eyes, have the eye lid open a bit more to make it as if the eyes are more open and awake, and not covering too much of the pupil (I do see pupil have coverd in lots of art situations but i find it is a fine line between too much and just enough, I would say a little less puil coverage unless you want them to look half asleep. third and last, perhaps try to raise (from the characters perspective) their right eye to be even. It looks like you are trying to shift them for the sake of a perspective distortion, however, keep in mind that we typically look people in the eyes or generally turn our face to theirs and as a result their eyes will match our horizontal level (we may be looking down or up) which everything vanish to, so the natural perspective distortion for eyes should be that they are level until they either have an extreme head pose or an extremely different view.
Right, perfect explanation!
I will level eyes and retouch shoulders.

The body design is interesting and reminds me of a lot of the stuff I had to work with, so I will not comment on them too much. I assume the large hips and breast are related to being milfs. I would say, for milfs, perhaps more pubes, but if most people are into clean shaving then what you have is fine, but I think it would help diversify characters. as for the left girl, shoulder droop may be at the far end of what I would allow, and even then I may make it less extreme. I can't tell if the girl on the right has the same sholders that only happen to look more raised due to the shoulders of the shirt, but hers look fine. I would say play between the angles of shoulders between what you have now vs straight. though I can understand if you are trying to slow sleepiness. Without context or a more neutral reference image, I would recommend avoiding effect ment to communicate things such as sleepiness and try to focus on the most neutral natural and normally awake pose you can.

any other suggestion I may have would be, perhaps increase the contrast of the shading, it may help make it more readable, and less flat, but it is also easy to over due, but if you like it as it is, then that's fine too.
Thank you again!
Every line of your feedback is extremely useful!
:)
So did you work on something similar? Is it online?

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

ybdevres

Mar 29, 2019
Hi guys!

View attachment 328590

Thanx!
Nice style and clean, confident lines. Great work and will be interesting to see what you come up with (just my two cents ;) ).

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I'm more of a technical artist than an artist, I make art because I like to make and understand how to make something good, not so much because I like art itself. I started out with mostly making art for various online game projects or during university summer camps. Since I found the nswf community, I have made a new account to separate from my personal life. While I do have some work, it isn't enough to actually show what I've done and can do. I am hoping to focus on art this summer during my free time so I can actually make a name for myself in this community. my main issue is I don't do art frequently enough. I actually am mostly bulding robots and stuff as my true passion.

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018
Starvy_Jedi hey mate

all i can say is that the art looks .... AMAZINGGG !

i love SS too and its great you took your art from there

if anything, i'd like to see a younger female in your art, for a full evaluation.

these are MILFs right ? can you show us some girls a bit younger, like the MC's elder sis ?

anyways, i love the style, keep it up and i can't wait for your game !

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
The only thing I'd like to see changed are the hair strands of the lady to the right that look like noodles / wobbly sausages, but aside from that: nice palette, proper shading, you're good to go imho.