Need some advice to make characters for my first adult visual novel.

Anilanto22

Dec 12, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am working on my first visual novel (adult) , I have started learning daz3d. I decided to use daz3d and blender for my renders. And renpy as the game engine. I have written some of the story and scenes for the VN and rendered some images.
I am a beginner and learning by small steps at a time. I want to cast some female and male characters for my VN. There are some female characters and a few male characters. If I want to create multiple characters, can i use the same characters and play with the dials in the shaping tab in daz3d and some morphs of other characters? Is it possible? Can i get a different looking character? Recently I tried it and i got some weird looking models. Is there is any other way to create different characters using the morphs and shaping tab?
I have one doubt to clear, that regarding the environment. Such as streets, houses, indoor content. Do i have to purchase all of them or can i create it using blender and import in daz as .Obj format?
Thank you

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I have one doubt to clear, that regarding the environment. Such as streets, houses, indoor content. Do i have to purchase all of them or can i create it using blender and import in daz as .Obj format?
Thank you
You can create them yourself and even import render-ready models from third party sources (like turbosquid). Although, especially if you're solo, you might want to limit how much stuff you create yourself (if anything at all).

Nadya_L

Jun 13, 2024
There are two sites that I like to get character models from: the official Daz site and Renderosity. There's also a site called Renderotica, but I think that's better for accessories (they have a lot of cool, weird clothing - latex, leather, etc). You can find a character you like and make further modifications in Daz. You can buy various hair, tattoos, skin textures, morphs, etc. One thing I like doing is taking two or more characters and mashing them together, as if those two characters had a baby. That way, you get characters that look completely unlike anything in the asset store. In the shaping pane, you can use the sliders to blend in features from other characters. For example, if you have a character morph from another character, you can find its dial and set it to a certain percentage to blend that character's features with your base character.

Anilanto22

Dec 12, 2022
There are two sites that I like to get character models from: the official Daz site and Renderosity. There's also a site called Renderotica, but I think that's better for accessories (they have a lot of cool, weird clothing - latex, leather, etc). You can find a character you like and make further modifications in Daz. You can buy various hair, tattoos, skin textures, morphs, etc. One thing I like doing is taking two or more characters and mashing them together, as if those two characters had a baby. That way, you get characters that look completely unlike anything in the asset store. In the shaping pane, you can use the sliders to blend in features from other characters. For example, if you have a character morph from another character, you can find its dial and set it to a certain percentage to blend that character's features with your base character.
Thanks for the reply