Need some help

bobo017z

Sep 26, 2017
Hello,
I want to start a game in HTML using twine and sugarcube, i know a bit of coding, but after hours spent looking at tutorials and reading on forum, i can`t seem to find what i need.
The game i want to make will be a "quick-fap/ management" type of game, not a lot of words but full with images.
What i don`t know how to make is a wallet, time and stats system, the one you find in the left side of the screen [See picture]
If you could help me with some links, tutorials or screenshots.
Thank you!

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
Hello,
I want to start a game in HTML using twine and sugarcube, i know a bit of coding, but after hours spent looking at tutorials and reading on forum, i can`t seem to find what i need.
The game i want to make will be a "quick-fap/ management" type of game, not a lot of words but full with images.
What i don`t know how to make is a wallet, time and stats system, the one you find in the left side of the screen [See picture]
If you could help me with some links, tutorials or screenshots.
Thank you!
Well, the best thing to do is start with reading through the and the , just so you get an idea of what all it can do for you, and keep those links as a reference. Then, you can open any Twine game in Twine to take a look at the code in them to see how other people did it (you'll need Twine 1 to open Twine 1 games, and Twine 2 to open Twine 2 games).

Most of the rest is basic web design stuff and JavaScript. Check out and sites for help with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript coding if I want to do something trickier than plain text and images. Next, and I use this significantly less than the previous two links, but if you need it has some additional information you may find useful.

If you get stuck is pretty helpful, as is the section of the forum (since the creator of SugarCube often hangs out there, and also I've posted a bunch of sample code there).

Finally, I'm actually working on a JavaScript inventory "plugin" for Twine 2 / SugarCube 2 to make working with inventories easier, and I'm looking for testers capable of giving me good feedback on it. It's about 70% complete at this point, not including testing, sample code, and documentation. If you're interested in something like that, PM me and I'll send you a link to a pre-release version of it.

Hope that helps! :D

Reactions: bobo017z

bobo017z

Sep 26, 2017
Well, the best thing to do is start with reading through the and the , just so you get an idea of what all it can do for you, and keep those links as a reference. Then, you can open any Twine game in Twine to take a look at the code in them to see how other people did it (you'll need Twine 1 to open Twine 1 games, and Twine 2 to open Twine 2 games).

Most of the rest is basic web design stuff and JavaScript. Check out and sites for help with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript coding if I want to do something trickier than plain text and images. Next, and I use this significantly less than the previous two links, but if you need it has some additional information you may find useful.

If you get stuck is pretty helpful, as is the section of the forum (since the creator of SugarCube often hangs out there, and also I've posted a bunch of sample code there).

Finally, I'm actually working on a JavaScript inventory "plugin" for Twine 2 / SugarCube 2 to make working with inventories easier, and I'm looking for testers capable of giving me good feedback on it. It's about 70% complete at this point, not including testing, sample code, and documentation. If you're interested in something like that, PM me and I'll send you a link to a pre-release version of it.

Hope that helps! :D
Thank you very much, I will try to read all the links you sent me, and experiment a bit :D