Need suggestion for game mechanics

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
So this is the very early stages to this game, and still nutting out the mechanics into Renpy at the moment.

The game was going to have a Master of the house & maids theme but I am also thinking a business theme with female staff might be more appropriate mechanically?

At the start of the game you select locations to visit and the 4 girls who will accompany you.

Each location and girl has their own set of cards which the game will use to create a deck and dynamically build random 'dungeons' that you will have to progress through (from left to right) to complete.

ezgif.com-optimize(1).gif

The cards are as follows:
Service cards (purple) : Essentially create a pool of hitpoints which you use to interact with the girls. Run out of service points during an interaction and it is game over.
Love cards (pink): Less common but are similar to service cards as they are also used to complete interactions.
Interaction cards (grey): Spend your love and service points to interact with the girl.
Event cards (blue): partly implemented, Gain random items (good & bad) which will modify stats. Increase your vision distance, increase maximum service etc...
Activity cards (green): Still to be implemented but my thoughts are to level up the girls progressing them through their stories. Friendship/love path depending on points
Coins (yellow): Money used at the end of each playthough to expand your house/business and hire more girls or get access to other locations which have higher difficulties.

Game goal
With the maid theme I was thinking of having a fixed number of dungeon playthroughs to represent you getting older, and having a prosterity score for the character generated at the end (land + children + wealth).

With a business theme I guess you keep expanding your business until you gain 100% market dominance, possibly have a bossfight at the end of certain locations to represent taking over a business.

Any suggestions?
Also would love assistance on this from a DAZ artist! :)