VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Neglected Bastard [v0.1] [Misantrophy]

1. 5.00 star(s)

HughNose

This game deserves a lot more attention!

The game is not about tags or sex scenes - it has a very interesting story and an even more intriguing MC. For the plot and the characters I'd give it more than the available 5 stars - so any shortcomings in terms of English language or animations would be more than compensated. It is really well made and captured my attention to the end.

I really hope, the developer would carry on and tell us the remainder of this story!
  2. 2.00 star(s)

GetOutOfMyLab

For version 0.1

Visuals: 2/5

Let's state the obvious that this is a SIMS screenshot game. I don't think I could ever rate over 3/5 for SIMS except on rare occassions when extra effort was put into making it look good, which I've seen maybe once or twice. Apart from that, the scene setups, camera angles, etc. aren't bad. It's just not very visually pleasing.

Writing/Story: 1/5

If the game overview in the OP isn't indication enough, the writing is just really poor. Every scene might have one or two topics, but they over explain everything. It's mostly rambling on and on repeating the same thing. A lot of the dialogue is also very cringy. The initial setup to who the MC is and what he's going/went through is so uninteresting. The majority of the dialogue is uninteresting and so much that I had to pause every few sentences because I was so bored and put off by it.

Sex Scenes: 1/5

Admittedly, I didn't make it to the end of the content for this version before I deleted it. I was almost to the end, though. Then I went and looked at the images folder. From what I can tell, the only sex scenes so far are at the club when MC sees some whore sucking off another guy. For now, in terms of sexual content, there isn't much and it's nothing thrilling.

Playability: 1/5

For now, it feels mostly like a kinetic novel. There were only a handful off choices and it didn't seem to change much other than dialogue, but that might change in future versions. Additionally, there were a couple of auto scenes, where the game will automatically progress scenes on its own, likely for dramatic effect. This is a personal preference, but I hate that. I'd rather move things along myself.

Overall, this is less than 2/5 IMO, but I'll just give it a 2 because you can tell effort was put into it. I likely won't come back to future versions just because it doesn't seem to be worth the effort...and yes, reading this story really took effort on my part.