VN - Unity - Completed - Neko - Mimi Sweet Housemates Vol. 1 [Final] [Animal Herb]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Sinphil

Not a single redeeming quality in my opinion. Terrible story, bad writing, shallow monochromatic characters, terrible use of plot devices (with dialogue basically acknowledging just how bad it was straight after).

Logically challenged , cheating justified because he just couldn't say no because lack of social experience (WTF even 4 year olds with no social experience understand how to say no FFS) and and an immobilising spell turns a limp dick into a rapist when it wears off, lets not forget a guy watching his girlfriend getting molested by another girl and saying nothing until suddenly in threesome. This might have been fine if writing better and not trying to make it a saccharine sweet romance.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Duke Greene

Unless you're really a total simp for Airani Iofifteen and want to fap to a game where every character has her face, don't bother with that one.

Even by the standards of slice-of-life VNs it's incredibly boring: 75% of the story is just worthless banter that doesn't do anything, not even really develop the characters personalities. You have the occasional short sex scene (5 in total) that also manage to be completely milquetoast. Seriously, how in the hell do you make a ballbusting scene feel so bland?

There's an attempt at drama near the end of the VN, perhaps in order to recreate the formula that made Nekopara famous. But with everything before being so nauseatingly saccharine and just plain forgettable it's really hard to feel invested in what happens, especially because you just know everything will turn out perfectly fine. There's simply no real tension here.

This review is very half-assed but I just refuse to put more effort into reviewing a game so half-assed itself. I'd give this one star but the competent live2D rigging and delicious lolis compel me to give 2. Just download the CGs somewhere, there are 5 scenes and the dialogue isn't worth anything.