VN - Ren'Py - Nerd Corruption [v0.1] [Wamboni games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

pemoj

Review of 0.1 version

Graphics 4/5
    Although they are made with Honey Select 2, the graphics are excellent. The latest graphical mods allow that, if you know how to use them, you can achieve great things. And this author is one of these. The characters are modeled by hand with great quality, noticing that personal touch that distinguishes the prefabricated models of those that one wants to create. The female characters are very beautiful, with the exception of those that are deliberately ugly, obviously. Although the calves are sometimes very thin. The male ones also have their personal modeling, which adds a touch of personality to the characters, although they are also very thin. The MC deserves a special comment. Ugly as hell, it looks like the result of the abortion of a gray with a reptilian. But that detail gives it a great touch of personality. And I don't care how ugly it is. I don't give it a five because the lighting is not good at times. Too much light in some scenes, which produces a blinding effect. And sometimes too little, creating strange shadows in scenes with blinding light.

Music and sounds 3/5
    There is. Nothing special, but overall adequate.

Gameplay 5/5
    Although the plot isn't very original, the overall product is a breath of fresh air in an atmosphere of games that are almost all the same or don't stand out at all. The game has tones of humor and fun that are... fun, appropriate and not forced. Visual novel that is what it is: there are choices and they matter. Menus and galleries are sober, appropriate and created by the author. There is nothing that disturb or break the immersion. The scenes have an adequate length and feel like they make sense. They are not forced and have a purpose, moving from one to the next in the right way.

Plot 5/5
    Typical story of an ugly smart bastard who corrupts his friend's family. It's not original, but it's well done, and some elements, such as the friend's family being home schooled, are original. The MC takes advantage of the naivety of his friend's family to gradually corrupt them. The game has a clear and defined direction, without deviating from it.

Characters 5/5
    Well done in general. You can tell they have a life of their own, with tastes, passions, feelings, decisions, etc. The player's decisions influence the characters' decisions and behavior.

Final thoughts.
    This is a great game, well thought out, well executed, and above all, even though the overall story is not original, it is DIFFERENT from the others. It is very noticeable the numerous differential touches that make this game novel even in what has already been created so many times. Numerous touches of magic that makes the player want to play the game and wait attentively for the next update. Highly recommended.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

quinfax

Beauty And the Beast Aka The Nice Ugly Bastard

Are you tied of playing a pretty boy?
    Do you want to play a nerd characters with even more handicaps?

Well now's your opportunity. This game takes place in school setting like many others. However our hero has less than conventional looks. So you must use your brain to try and woo the ladies and get pay back for those that look down on you.

Story - Standard nerd gets girl. This time the mc has been beaten with the ugly stick. Unlike those stories this characters seems genuinely nice. He just wants what's a lot of men his age wants. A chance meeting of a new friend leads him to his family. These people having been home school leads them to act differently than most. This opportunity may lead our hero to possibly getting some. If not that then at least getting to cop a feel or see some nudity in person.

Love Interests - Since its the early stages we haven't gotten to much time with most of them.
    Sandra - A shy homeschooled kid who needs to get out of her shell. My personal fav so far.
    Denise - The naïve MILF of the household. Hasn't caught on that her children and kids their ages are sexual aware. Also a smoking hottie.
    Jessica - Red headed school yard bully to our hero.
    Sabrina - Short bully of Sandra.
    Sophie - Chocolate wallflower.
    There are possible more but this is what we know of as this current release tells us. Also the character styles are modified enough that they don't resemble of others characters from game that use the same art engine.

Gameplay - Standard renpy fair.

Other characters - Since its a school setting you'll get the usual suspects. It never gets to cliched or annoying. Obviously not enough time to really gage until more is told. I like most of the supporting characters so far.

Music & Sound- I like the choice of music for the game. Very catchy and different from your usual suspects. Has quite few sound effects in appropriate places that work for the scene. Nice job

Conclusion - Despite the characters look, this game has a lot of opportunities.
    Even then the MC's look, you get over pretty quickly. Then you start rooting for him to succeed in his plan. I can't wait to see where this leads.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

feier

[v0.1]
    Interesting start, the appearance of the MC can repel, but if you do not pay attention to it, we have beautiful female models they do not resemble models from other games and this is a huge plus, surprisingly not stupid MC, good dialogues with good humor.
    For 0.1 it looks very good 5/5.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

PantsuHelm

[0.1 Review]

I generally have a rule where I don't play a game unless it's had at least about a year and a half of development. I made an exception this time because I was curious. I mean fucking look at the game my dude. My boy looks like someone elbow dropped the randomize button in the Oblivion character creator. Homie lookin' like he could NTR even ugly bastards. Homeboy's running a 0 Charisma, max Intelligence build through life.

Was delighted to find that, in the very short amount of time I've spent with the game, it was quite enjoyable. Where the MC lacks in... well, everything, he makes up for with now sneaky and devious he is. I enjoy his thought processes and really enjoyed him as a character. Other characters are great as well. Hot characters look hot, ugly characters are so ugly it's fucking hilarious.

Best of luck to you Mr. Wamboni. Can't wait to see where this goes.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Lerd0

review for v0.1.

kinda peak, yeah it looks kinda shit at a glance, but was pretty good.
    funny dialogue, mc pretty good character, even tho he ugly as fuck.
    some models are pretty weird, and some look super good, but u get used to it real fast, at least it's not the usual generic models.
    lots of choices so far.
    am hyped as fuck to see where this goes.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Dorfnutter

Oddly enough I'm willing to play this if only for the MC's facial expressions alone, but thankfully there's a lot of good in this game than just that.

For a 0.1 it's quite short, but I like how there are choices where the MC has the freedom to stand up for himself instead of acting like a beta in most cases (though I suppose you can still act like that if the player so chooses).

I also like that it has its own art style that makes it stand out from other HS2 (or is this HS1? lol) games. And the music is good enough. Nothing groundbreaking, but at least it seems to fit the game itself and helps establish the mood in scenes.

Only negative I seem to have for the game is that there's a moment around the end where you can't control the actions of the player character despite being able to for the most part (i.e. the scene where he takes a stolen shot of his friend's mom), which makes me assume there are moments like that in the future. Hoping that those are few and far between, but I suppose the title isn't called "Nerd Corruption" if there's no corruption involved. Just wish something like that is left in the freedom of the player and not on the MC's raging hormones.

Overall, a good if a bit short first release.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

ernesto_fullstack

It may still lack a lot of content, but it has great potential especially for being version 0.1. The characters are well-designed (the MC may be bizarre, but what matters is his heart and his "personality").

I like how the story is progressing, and I found it very amusing when it was revealed that he's not good at Biology, it has me intrigued :sneaky: , it honestly reminds me of Twisted Memories and that's the best compliment I can think of.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

BoobiesSugoi

At this point the Content is like 20min. but what you can see is made with love for the nerds. Not your stereotypical "Hero" Novel, it`s smart & funny and I like the music in it.

Some might say it`s to goofy, but I would say it`s great entertainment if you looking for fun and not only the next etchi scene.

Looks very promising to me hopefully with more updates/content in the future.

I rate this 5 stars because of the humor and "grotesque" art style which we don`t see often enough.