New asset appear dark in Render

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Hi all

Apologies if similar have been asked. I acquired a new asset and in Texture mode all is fine. Once i do an Aux Viewport or Render it comes out black.

I have the DA Lighting environment asset activated so there is light. I am guessing it's a keyboard command or somersetting i need to press to light this up for Render/Aux viewport?

THx

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
For viewport, if you have headlamp of camera off, press Ctrl+L to turn light on and view scene (It will be as if you had headlamp on but don't affect renders).

Anyway this is for viewport not for renders... have you checked Environment parametres in Render Settings?

Have you checked that there is nothing that can cover the camera?

mssm

Jan 19, 2018
I'm no expert but I had the same once and I found out that I had used the 3Delight version instead of the Iray one.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
No matter which camera i have used same result, so creating a cam same effect. I spoke to Faerin about it as he used teh same asset and even he said he battled.

Ive decided to ditch it and now using a different asset.

Thank you for advice, it's strange one for sure.

@mssm may be onto something regarding using 3Dlight instead of Iray.

For viewport, if you have headlamp of camera off, press Ctrl+L to turn light on and view scene (It will be as if you had headlamp on but don't affect renders).

Anyway this is for viewport not for renders... have you checked Environment parametres in Render Settings?

Have you checked that there is nothing that can cover the camera?

MrNieth

Donor
Jul 22, 2017
try to create a light just to see if the light from the asset actually work if you can see it then there's some tweak to do with the asset lights