RPGM - Abandoned - New Beijing [Day 7] [Banished]

1. 2.00 star(s)

chmo45645

"It's not the Greeks, it's the Chinese he's after!"

Not much to say about it. Great premise about sudden change in the status of entire group of girls and their gradual falldown along with changing attitude of former friends who now have a full power over them. Possibilities are endless.
    Could be a great game, sadly it's not a game, but collection of bugs, bad choices and remarkably ugly 3d models. Basically it's a living example of how not to make rpgm games. I could't make it to the 7th day not because I failed but because of a bug that softlocked me inside the school unable to progress a timer after I made a wrong choice. The "art " is so incredibly terrible it's more of good laugh than good fap. Keeping it as a text game would be better.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Pretentious Goblin

An interesting life-sim where the MC has to contend with mounting racism, oppression. poverty and desperation. Unfortunately the execution is lacking. Long story short, there is a difference between wallowing in MC's despair at her situation, and dreading, as a player, that your choices so far will lead to an unavoidable Game Over. I spent most of the game not getting anything done due to not being able to recover entertainment quickly enough due to mucking up some quiz questions (and thus losing access to the arcade), which the story sets the MC up to fail anyway.

Right now, the life-sim stuff is mostly window-dressing and there are few real choices to make. Defiance should not lead to Game Over, it should lead to either an even more miserable situation for the MC, or a resistance path. I like the concept, but the dev has to flesh out the game a lot unless it's really intended as a linear puzzle game where making too many wrong choices gets you a bad ending.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Scarlett's nightmare

Review based on Day 6:

Right now the game is too restrictive regarding the ideal (aka only possible) path. I like the idea of having to juggle certain stats that are mutually exclusive, but as it stands, you'll end up with a GAME OVER unless you do everything exactly the ONE right way (which you won't know about because the game is very vague on things).

The premise is good, the writing is too. Renders are... barely servicable. Mechanics are so punishing that they can't be called fun at all. Can't recommend right now.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

taler

Not so hot on RPGM games. I think this game would be much better served by renpy. The game is full of mystery meat navigation and UI foibles but I can get over it due to the great writing. The characters are nicely written and feel like distinct and interesting people. There aren't any that I hate and I want to get to know them all. The world building is great and very interesting. The exposition is well integrated into the storyline and character development, everything flows nicely.

The 3d scenes are ugly. Game makers should be prohibited from using Daz3d, it's so bad.

I'm a fan of Mana Ray (due to being introduced by this game) and I see that the gameplay shares an interesting setup with that person's stories. Mana Ray's bdsm revolves around setting up the sub in situations that are ostensibly normal, reasonable and survivable but actually isn't. The sub then feels inferior and are thrown into despair when they fail. I'm getting that feel as the player when playing this game. I'm fucking up hard and can't really tell whether it's because I'm not enough of a good girl or because I'm supposed to fail. Not sure how I feel about this, maybe a true sub would really enjoy this feeling.

TLDR: This writer is toptier and the game could be a smashing success if s/he dumps rpgm and daz3d.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

TessSadist

Love this concept/world, I so wish I could play as one of the "Asians" but clearly this game is designed for subs it seems. I think submissive people will like the gameplay and it has some sub angles for pictures, etc.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Ninjaman2

Fun game can't wait for more. There isn't enough femdom lesbian action out there. I also like the game mechanics and it is hinting at a great long term story. Only sadness is I also wants Harshville to keep being updated often too...