Ren'Py - New Body - New Life Remake [v0.14] [Moccasin's Mirror]

1. 4.00 star(s)

ZeroG187

When It comes to the hentai thangs that everyone loves: Lesbian, FutaXFemale, visual novel, ren'py and running in the Honey Select engine together, The New Body-New Life Remake game could be perfect for that! This has a chance to be one of them...

The story is about a male person that got killed in an accident and reincarnated of a girl named Nicole, that has a history of being sexually active and being a bully to others, you can change her personality and do different things like, be more nice , corrupted, famous, sexually all the time, a fitness girl, discovering some cults, and even have a lesbian harem with futa girls included.

This a remake of the "New Body, New Life 2015" Ren'py hentai game. Changing from the Koikatsu engine to the Honey Select engine. To give the characters, background and visuals a new and semi realistic feeling.

The gameplay is nearly identical to the old version but it added a map, stats update progression, and let's you pick what girl/event you want to hang out. However, the choices you make don't mean anything in the later future. It only progresses the story and side stories.

The Hentai Scenes are Good at best, but average at worst. You get to see some yuri and even FutaXFemale content, there is small amounts of straight content mixed in there as well. The Issue is that they are not animated, the girls are either great or average, based on your taste. Sometimes the shots are not properly lit as it makes the visuals a little muddy compared to other Ren'py games.

The Biggest issue of this game, It's very buggy:
    -If you rank up a stat, There is a chance it'll stay there until you restart everything.
    -There are some indicators tells you an event can happen there, but there is nothing there.
    -Nothing will happen until you pass around 1-3 days
    -On the School area, a girl walk past you event keeps repeating when you keep going back and fourth on the front gate.
    -Some events trigger or don't trigger until you do a casual generic choice.

Overall, This game has potential, But the state it's in, (Plus the old version was abandoned for this remake). I feel conflicted to give this a recommendation. if the hentai scenes are animated and have the events happen sooner, I could give this game a chance.

Edit: I change the Review and change the 3 star to 4 star. Because I was too harsh on this game, and kept comparing it to other Ren'py games like: Once In a lifetime, Deviant Anomalies, Etc. I went and played again on it's own merits. And It's fine as it is.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

DERDER22

The game is not finished at the time of writing this but what is here is worth a try for any one looking for FutaxFemale.

Characters are likable and story is intriguing but its rather linear there is a good/bad girl mechanic bit at the moment not much is done withe it
  3. 1.00 star(s)

EPrometheus

Man, this is one of those games that becomes bad and repetitive because it is sandbox, the sandbox in this game is totally forced and quite unnecessary, it only serves to "fill sausage" and make you waste time, linearity is not a defect and that's what some Ren'py developers should find out, at the beginning of the story it's interesting, (even the protagonist acting like a little robot after he found out he's become a woman without a justifiable or minimally acceptable reason, that doesn't make sense, it's not a reaction anyone would have, but anyway, it doesn't matter) you care minimally about everything, but then it becomes something extremely boring and repetitive... The dialogues are predictable, choices matter, but it has zero impact, it boils down to showing or not showing sex scenes with none impact on the story route, the graphics are ugly, but even ugly it can be highlighted, finally these are the problems and main defects of the game from my perspective. I don't recommend it to you.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Kodex

I played the original version and I loved it. As a result, I gave the new version a spin and I must say, it lost nothing during the migration. Sure, it's not the same artstyle, but the new one is just as good to facilitate one-hand playing.
    And since the devs promised a full lesbian (with the futa bonus) experience, I'll be following this with extreme interest.