new domain

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Tonga, your South Pacific vacation destination! It looks quite idyllic in the pics in my google search...

Looking over the temperature chart, it doesn't get very cold in Tonga. The record lows are well above freezing...

On an unrelated note, I had an idea for a game set in the South Pacific a couple of months back, which I worked out in a waking dream, but I have too many projects on my plate already so I'm not likely to get around to it.

Reactions: Akamari

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Ye newfag pecker don't rem the good ol' times all ye pirate sites had .to domains :sneaky::p

W65

May 31, 2018
My understanding from I think it was Sam in another thread is that the domain registrar for the .to domain is less of a problem for them.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
My understanding from I think it was Sam in another thread is that the domain registrar for the .to domain is less of a problem for them.
Yeah.
Firstly people must understand that you don't buy a domain name, it's more on the side of a rental. Using an intermediary, you ask for the right to use "this" domain on "this" tld (Top Level Domain), and pay some few to cover the expenses. It give you the right to use this couple domain.tld, but at no time its your property.
Then come the problems. Each Top Level Domain registrar have its rules that must be followed. If you don't do it and they found out, they revoke your rights to use the domain name, and nowadays it mean that you're fucked. The rules for a .to tld being simpler than the ones for a .com tld, mostly because the tld is a great part of the annual income of Tonga Islands, it mean less problems.

Reactions: Akamari and Namco15

aweriel

Jun 18, 2017
No bad as well
Tonga - area total - 748 km2
and
svscomics.cc
cc = Cocos Islands (Keeling Island) area total 14,2 km2

F95 winner (as always) ;)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
On an unrelated note, I had an idea for a game set in the South Pacific a couple of months back, which I worked out in a waking dream, but I have too many projects on my plate already so I'm not likely to get around to it.
Interestingly, I have a game concept in pre-production that is set in South Pacific. I've been aiming at Kiribati, but maybe I should switch over to Tonga as well. :unsure:

Reactions: pim0