New Game Idea ... is this interesting to you?

Sep 1, 2023
On a more serious note, what exactly do you mean by dark fantasy?
Hmm...good question.
By "dark" I really mean the vibe. The story has some dark and gritty elements, and moments of suspense and horror.
And by "Fantasy" I mean the setting is loosely nordic inspired. There are actually no traditional "western/DnD" fantasy elements, such as dwarves, dragons, magic etc... Every piece of worldbuildling was crafted from scratch. So I mean fantasy in the literal sense of the term as in "not real".

I dunno if you've seen Attack on Titan, but maybe I can compare to that. It's a very similar story and world-building vibe.

Reactions: Meaning Less

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
True. I actually look at the top 50 adult games on Graphtreon alot, and the vast majority are male protagonist.

Hm... I'll have to think this thru. Maybe at game start player can chose the protgaonist as male or female. It's double the renders (to replace the MC model in shots), but maybe a worthy compromise.
Honestly, make the game that actually has a good story, instead of trying to make a game for every market (and thus usually failing to be great at any of them). If it's a game about an Amazoness tribe, really hone in on that world building and make it work. But if you're going to make a male MC game, don't shoehorn him into a setting he has no place being in.

Sep 1, 2023
Honestly, make the game that actually has a good story, instead of trying to make a game for every market (and thus usually failing to be great at any of them). If it's a game about an Amazoness tribe, really hone in on that world building and make it work. But if you're going to make a male MC game, don't shoehorn him into a setting he has no place being in.
Thanks Tessa! I think you're right. Gotta develop a game that vibes with I want to tell.

I believe I have something interesting on my hands. So much so that I plan to strip out the adult content later and have a PG-13 version (i.e. on steam). My personal belief is the story should be gripping on it's own without any adult content, and if ppl aren't interested cause it's a female MC... that's okay.

Anyhow, thanks for giving me abit of confidence to write the story I want. And love the idea for your game btw! Looks very hot.

Dec 3, 2020
Sounds interesting, even if I'm not all that much into lesbian stuff. Would their be an option to enable futa or is that completely off the table? Regardless, I wish you luck on your project.

Sep 1, 2023
Sounds interesting, even if I'm not all that much into lesbian stuff. Would their be an option to enable futa or is that completely off the table? Regardless, I wish you luck on your project.
No it isn't off the table. I was actually just considering this. I think futa content could be enabled/disabled at start of game. If enabled, not sure which one of these two options I'll go with yet:

(1) There is a magical potion from rare herbs the Amazons can brew, which allows a girl to grow a dick temporarily for a few hrs
(2) Or... a few of the women just are born futas.

I personally like the 2nd as I'm a firm believer of hard worldbuilding for a dark fantasy setting (so the less magical woo-woo the better), but the bonus of the 1st is it gives players the opportunities to play as a futa if they choose in certain adult scenes, and not just encounter them. I guess when the game has a demo out, if enough players find it enticing enough I'll work the worldbuilding around the concept.

Anyhow, thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brine_Basilisk
Dec 3, 2020
No it isn't off the table. I was actually just considering this. I think futa content could be enabled/disabled at start of game. If enabled, not sure which one of these two options I'll go with yet:

(1) There is a magical potion from rare herbs the Amazons can brew, which allows a girl to grow a dick temporarily for a few hrs
(2) Or... a few of the women just are born futas.

I personally like the 2nd as I'm a firm believer of hard worldbuilding for a dark fantasy setting (so the less magical woo-woo the better), but the bonus of the 1st is it gives players the opportunities to play as a futa if they choose in certain adult scenes. I guess when the game has a demo out, if enough players find it enticing enough I'll work the worldbuilding around the concept.

Anyhow, thanks for your feedback!
Oh that's nice to hear! I agree I prefer option 2 as well, too much magic or poorly implemented systems of magic can really be detrimental to a dark fantasy setting attempting realism. However on the other side of the coin, if explored throughly it could also create opportunities for a unique and fascinating exploration of the personal and societal implications of gentialia/gender basically being arbitrary. If you haven't already I'd recommend reading some Ursula LeGuin, specifically if you have interest in that sort of thing.

Reactions: Northern_Blade
Sep 1, 2023
Oh that's nice to hear! I agree I prefer option 2 as well, too much magic or poorly implemented systems of magic can really be detrimental to a dark fantasy setting attempting realism. However on the other side of the coin, if explored throughly it could also create opportunities for a unique and fascinating exploration of the personal and societal implications of gentialia/gender basically being arbitrary. If you haven't already I'd recommend reading some Ursula LeGuin, specifically if you have interest in that sort of thing.
Hey thanks! Yes, that's exactly the vibe I am going for, a more grounded and rooted dark fantasy world (kinda like early season game of thrones), with a few carefully selected magical elements that have thought our repercussion throughout the world, and zero magic/fantasy elements outside of these. I love Ursula Le Guine. Was a big fan of her Earthsea series. I will check out Left Hand of Darkness!

Dec 3, 2020
Hey thanks! Yes, that's exactly the vibe I am going for, a more grounded and rooted dark fantasy world (kinda like early season game of thrones), with a few carefully selected magical elements that have thought our repercussion throughout the world, and zero magic/fantasy elements outside of these. I love Ursula Le Guine. Was a big fan of her Earthsea series. I will check out Left Hand of Darkness!
Sounds good! And same Earthsea was great. Keep in mind Left Hand is scifi but then again fantasy has always been a close cousin to scifi. Looking forward to your project!

Sep 1, 2023
Sounds good! And same Earthsea was great. Keep in mind Left Hand is scifi but then again fantasy has always been a close cousin to scifi. Looking forward to your project!
Yea, sci-fi and fantasy are close brethrens. I'm actually more into sci-fi generally than fantasy, so this floats my boat perfectly. Anyhow, thanks Brine for the well-wishes!