New game ideas

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
So I'm working on an adult game that will most likely be made with rpg maker. I've played a few adult games to get some ideas and I'm pretty much sure of the sort of game I want to make but I've come here for advice on more ideas and also to get feedback on some of the ideas I already have.

So the game has a heavy focus on voyeurism, which a lot of games have but I've found with some of them it gets a bit dry after a while so I'm looking for ideas on various voyeur scenarios that people might like to see in the game.

Another thing I'd like ideas for is locations, and whether people think I have enough planned or could do with more. Also where I might find assets for them and how to properly render them. The planned locations so far are; your home, park, beach, mall, highschool, club, hospital, library, aunt's apartment, pool, gym, cafe, trailer park, strip club, cousin's apartment. There will also of course be homes for the various other characters in the game.

I'd also like to have various skills in the game that can be leveled up, the ones planned so far are; Charisma, Fitness, Intelligence, Luck, and Spying.

This is pretty much what I have so far, also the story, after the disappearance of your dad, you move to a cheaper home in a new town with your mom (38), two older sisters (23, 21), and younger sister (18).

Give me some feedback, ideas etc, and if you want to know more I'll try and provide anything else I have.

Jimbles

Aug 30, 2017
Hmm, might change the spying skill to stealth, just for semantics. However, you're right, most games have the same repeat voyeur scenes and they lose appeal real quick. Also, there's never any real fear of getting caught/consequences it usually either end-games you or nothing happens.

I think for an effective voyeur based game it needs a few elements:

For starters, fear of getting caught and consequences (good and bad) if you are. Is the character your spying on going to freak out and call the cops, kick you out, or some other bad thing, or is the character an exhibitionist that gets turned on by having an audience and puts on a show.

The next is lack of repetativism, the seeing a chick in the shower scene really loses meaning real fast especially when it's every day (in game), real life voyuering is usually about chance or preparation, if you see it everyday then it doesn't really feel like spying. Something like you happen to be in the backyard at night to (insert reason here) and you notice your neighbor's lights come on and your neighbor is walking through the house topless or whatever; then maybe you have can choose what you want to do (continue spying or try to get a better view, depending on skill or something). However this shouldn't be a nightly thing.

Another other thing should be randomization and disappointment. Trying to spy doesn't always work out, sometimes you just waste your time (no matter how "good" you are). So if you do make spying on your neighbor(s) a nightly thing, sometimes she's naked, sometimes she's just sitting on the couch eating ice cream watching a crappy movie.

Lastly perhaps a little progression, is the MC happy with a little peeping or does he go fuller creeper and go to the mall with a camera to look up girls' skirts?

Base it on real experiences, maybe a little glorified, but things that other pervs can relate to.

As far getting models/assets and rendering, that's a completely different nightmare.

Reactions: ahmed87

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Hmm, might change the spying skill to stealth, just for semantics. However, you're right, most games have the same repeat voyeur scenes and they lose appeal real quick. Also, there's never any real fear of getting caught/consequences it usually either end-games you or nothing happens.

I think for an effective voyeur based game it needs a few elements:

For starters, fear of getting caught and consequences (good and bad) if you are. Is the character your spying on going to freak out and call the cops, kick you out, or some other bad thing, or is the character an exhibitionist that gets turned on by having an audience and puts on a show.

The next is lack of repetativism, the seeing a chick in the shower scene really loses meaning real fast especially when it's every day (in game), real life voyuering is usually about chance or preparation, if you see it everyday then it doesn't really feel like spying. Something like you happen to be in the backyard at night to (insert reason here) and you notice your neighbor's lights come on and your neighbor is walking through the house topless or whatever; then maybe you have can choose what you want to do (continue spying or try to get a better view, depending on skill or something). However this shouldn't be a nightly thing.

Another other thing should be randomization and disappointment. Trying to spy doesn't always work out, sometimes you just waste your time (no matter how "good" you are). So if you do make spying on your neighbor(s) a nightly thing, sometimes she's naked, sometimes she's just sitting on the couch eating ice cream watching a crappy movie.

Lastly perhaps a little progression, is the MC happy with a little peeping or does he go fuller creeper and go to the mall with a camera to look up girls' skirts?

Base it on real experiences, maybe a little glorified, but things that other pervs can relate to.

As far getting models/assets and rendering, that's a completely different nightmare.
Randomisation is definitely a planned feature for example while showering can be a daily thing, it'll vary based on what time it'll be, how much you can see, and whether the door is locked or not etc. Same with spying on neighbours, you have a telescope (not sure if I'm making it buyable or whether you start with it) that lets you spy on neighbours you can see from your bedroom window, again what you see will be randomised and sometimes based on how certain events went. You can also get binoculars for actually going around town and spying on more places, hidden cameras you can set up around town, and I'm also deciding on whether or not to make it so when your intelligence skill is high enough, you can hack into webcams.

Consequences for getting caught again vary based on your relationship with the character you're spying on, how many times you've been caught spying on them or others, and often whether your charisma is high enough to get you out of the situation. Consequences can be a loss of relationship, scolding (if at home), bans from places, arrests (which will stack up to a game over), and if at school you can get warnings that will stack up until you're expelled.

Apart from these, any other ideas, like for locations, characters etc? I have a list of likely characters but most are currently unnamed as just have descriptive titles.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Randomisation is definitely a planned feature for example while showering can be a daily thing, it'll vary based on what time it'll be, how much you can see, and whether the door is locked or not etc. Same with spying on neighbours, you have a telescope (not sure if I'm making it buyable or whether you start with it) that lets you spy on neighbours you can see from your bedroom window, again what you see will be randomised and sometimes based on how certain events went. You can also get binoculars for actually going around town and spying on more places, hidden cameras you can set up around town, and I'm also deciding on whether or not to make it so when your intelligence skill is high enough, you can hack into webcams.

Consequences for getting caught again vary based on your relationship with the character you're spying on, how many times you've been caught spying on them or others, and often whether your charisma is high enough to get you out of the situation. Consequences can be a loss of relationship, scolding (if at home), bans from places, arrests (which will stack up to a game over), and if at school you can get warnings that will stack up until you're expelled.

Apart from these, any other ideas, like for locations, characters etc? I have a list of likely characters but most are currently unnamed as just have descriptive titles.
I, personally, think you've got your hands full with all the locations you're looking to add. RPGM certainly has the ability to make this simpler, but it's still a huge project you've got just going by locations. The fact that just at home you've got 4 characters who I assume are fodder for your protagonist to spy on is a lot. So if you start adding neighbors, students, random people at the mall, the gym, etc you're looking at months of rendering just to get your characters. To be clear, my artist has been at it for 2 weeks and made 4 characters. 2 of those being twin sisters. So if I'm honest, you're either gonna need help from another artist or two, or have to scale things down.

Beyond that how much of your game is gonna be based on voyeurism? As has been stated, repeated voyeur scenes get boring fast. Moreover though, unless you're also gonna be making a ton of male characters to come in and fuck these women, you're also giving very little to work with. Voyeurism in real life can be pretty exciting, with the danger and the familiarity with the people you're spying on making things really good. But spying on basic archetypes in a fictional setting, no matter the variety, would get pretty boring pretty fast.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
I, personally, think you've got your hands full with all the locations you're looking to add. RPGM certainly has the ability to make this simpler, but it's still a huge project you've got just going by locations. The fact that just at home you've got 4 characters who I assume are fodder for your protagonist to spy on is a lot. So if you start adding neighbors, students, random people at the mall, the gym, etc you're looking at months of rendering just to get your characters. To be clear, my artist has been at it for 2 weeks and made 4 characters. 2 of those being twin sisters. So if I'm honest, you're either gonna need help from another artist or two, or have to scale things down.

Beyond that how much of your game is gonna be based on voyeurism? As has been stated, repeated voyeur scenes get boring fast. Moreover though, unless you're also gonna be making a ton of male characters to come in and fuck these women, you're also giving very little to work with. Voyeurism in real life can be pretty exciting, with the danger and the familiarity with the people you're spying on making things really good. But spying on basic archetypes in a fictional setting, no matter the variety, would get pretty boring pretty fast.
yeah I wondered if I might need more artists, still quite new to using daz.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
If I'm honest they're looking pretty plastic right now. Nothing wrong with their looks in general, just that they don't have enough texture.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
If I'm honest they're looking pretty plastic right now. Nothing wrong with their looks in general, just that they don't have enough texture.
What would improve their texture? The mom I'm fairly happy with at the moment but the daughter does look a bit like idk

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Well, if she's supposed to be her biological daughter then you'll probably want a lighter skin tone entirely, unless her father was black or indian or polynesian or sth. As for the specifics of improving a texture in Daz I can't really help you there, but there's a thread where you can get some advice

It might be as simple as using proper lighting techniques. At the moment your characters skin seems unrealistically smooth and shiney, giving it that plastic look.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Well, if she's supposed to be her biological daughter then you'll probably want a lighter skin tone entirely, unless her father was black or indian or polynesian or sth. As for the specifics of improving a texture in Daz I can't really help you there, but there's a thread where you can get some advice

It might be as simple as using proper lighting techniques. At the moment your characters skin seems unrealistically smooth and shiney, giving it that plastic look.
The father was Italian but I guess Italians aren't super black, and thanks I'll look into that. Still getting used to using Daz

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
Just wanted to give a plea for you to make the game in renpy and not RPGM. I've never played an RPGM game that I thought wouldn't be better in renpy. I feel like with RPGM games, players are forced to spend half the time running around the map, when I'd rather be seeing the content that devs create.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Just wanted to give a plea for you to make the game in renpy and not RPGM. I've never played an RPGM game that I thought wouldn't be better in renpy. I feel like with RPGM games, players are forced to spend half the time running around the map, when I'd rather be seeing the content that devs create.
Not sure how to use renpy, also with rpg maker I still planned on having screens like in visual novel style rather than maps to run round

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Not sure how to use renpy, also with rpg maker I still planned on having screens like in visual novel style rather than maps to run round
Code:
define b=Character("bugglebox")
define d=Character("Darth")

defult renskill = 0

label start

d "So, do you wanna learn how to use Ren'Py"

menu:
    "I mean, sure":
        $ renskill +=1
        jump making a game
    "Nah, probably take forever.":
        jump making a game

labbel making a game

if renskill >= 1
    b "Wow Darth, you're kidding it's that simple?"
    d "Seriously, its just menus and conditional statements with a few easy variables."
    b "I guess ren'py isn't that diffucult to use."
else
   d "Well, I hope you use RPGM correctly then, because otherwise i'll play a few days like I did with My Girlfriends Amnesia and then just drop it."
Seriously, all the code you need to make a basic VN is right there. Now if you wanted to customize the ui or use your own buttons and stuff you'd need to learn a little more. But none of that is necessary to make a good game

Reactions: Jimbles

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So yes, please, don't use RPG maker, the engine is really bad at doing this. Ren'py isn't this difficult to learn and there's a ton of already made game all around the place to help you. There's also a lot of Ren'py game developers and modders here and they can help you if you've a question.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Are you looking for an harem type of story? If not, toss in a brother in the family (maybe swaping one of the older sisters). The dynamic of vouyerism will be spiced up with him. He doesn't really NEED to be an antagonist or an Eric type of character, just someone that would possibly catch you spying on your family and either get mad at you, blackmail you or join you.

Jack73

Nov 16, 2016
do you want to create a game with a heavy focus on voyeurism?
Resume the idea of the first game of Mallek (Camp Game)
a reality show on an island (city created for the show, or other) with competitors, men and women, each with its own characteristics, with the spectators who choose the daily tasks to be performed.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I mean, in most (if not all) games we see around here the protagonist is the only son in in the family. Sometimes I deeply regret not having introduced an older brother in my story...

Reactions: DarthSeduction

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
I'll look into Renpy, I think I may have it installed somewhere actually, main reason I chose RPG maker its because I've used it for years so I'm used to it. As for having a character to catch you spying etc, it's definitely something I'll look into, I did plan on the middle sister having a boyfriend early on so maybe I could do something with that.