New game ideas

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I'll look into Renpy, I think I may have it installed somewhere actually, main reason I chose RPG maker its because I've used it for years so I'm used to it. As for having a character to catch you spying etc, it's definitely something I'll look into, I did plan on the middle sister having a boyfriend early on so maybe I could do something with that.
Sister's boyfriend could work... Won't be as effective as a brother that you HAVE to live with, after all the boyfriend is just a guy who fucks your sister, you could easily scheme for her to ditch him.

Unless, of course, your sister is a kidnap victim with a serious PTSD, Stockholm syndrome and overall mental retardation.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Sister's boyfriend could work... Won't be as effective as a brother that you HAVE to live with, after all the boyfriend is just a guy who fucks your sister, you could easily scheme for her to ditch him.

Unless, of course, your sister is a kidnap victim with a serious PTSD, Stockholm syndrome and overall mental retardation.
Scheming for her to ditch him is one plot path depending on how you want your relationship with her to be. Other than that, idk, I'll figure something out, there's definitely antagonists in the game though.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017

That specific af reference tho

Reactions: Lykanz

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Anyone know where there's good assets for like houses and interiors? The main house needs four bedrooms (mom, oldest daughter, middle daughter, son and youngest daughter share a room). I've found I'm not too good at putting interiors together so mainly looking for preset ready to render ones. Also a lot of the bathrooms I've found seem to only have baths and not showers.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Anyone know where there's good assets for like houses and interiors? The main house needs four bedrooms (mom, oldest daughter, middle daughter, son and youngest daughter share a room). I've found I'm not too good at putting interiors together so mainly looking for preset ready to render ones. Also a lot of the bathrooms I've found seem to only have baths and not showers.
I'm not the best person to answer, but the Daz website and Renderosity are the places I hear of most. Ofc you can browse here on the forum to see if we've pirated anything...

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
I'm not the best person to answer, but the Daz website and Renderosity are the places I hear of most. Ofc you can browse here on the forum to see if we've pirated anything...
On the Daz website there's the home one bundle but it's hard to tell if it's exactly what I need

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
There's always the "Asset Request" thread... :)
That's true, I'll request it there since the home one bundle seems to be my best bet.

On another note unrelated to assets, I'm going to post a bit about some of the more fleshed out characters here soon.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
That's true, I'll request it there since the home one bundle seems to be my best bet.

On another note unrelated to assets, I'm going to post a bit about some of the more fleshed out characters here soon.
I look forward to it... Character depth is kinda my thing...

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
So here's some information on a couple of the characters with more to come.

Connor Di Marco
Role: Main character

Bio: Connor is the second youngest of the Di Marco family. He was hit fairly hard by the disappearance of his father and so fell behind in his education, causing him to be held back a year. He has a tendency for getting into trouble, mainly due to some of his sexual interests, but occasionally back in his old town, this was due to the group of friends he hung around with. Having moved to this New Town, it's an opportunity for him to knuckle down in school, make some new friends, and hopefully get good grades to get into college. But it is also an opportunity for him to satisfy his various...interests.

Sarah Di Marco
Role: MC's mother

Bio: Sarah is a fairly outgoing person, and a dutiful mother to her kids. After the disappearance of her husband, she was left to try and care for and provide for them for years. Eventually, it got too much, but she luckily found a cheaper town for them all to
move to. She is in good shape for her age, visiting the gym, jogging in the park, or otherwise working out at home. Sarah hasn't talked too much about her husband in the past 6 years, but it is possible she might have some knowledge on why he may have disappeared. For Connor to find out what happened to his dad, he'll likely have to get through to her first.

Kira Di Marco
Role: MC's sister

Bio: The oldest of the Di Marco kids, Kira is rarely seen by the rest of the family, often
doing night jobs, being out partying, or drinking in the park. She is often at odds with her mother for always coming in late at night, drinking heavily, doing drugs, and bringing various guys (and girls) back. She gets along well with Connor and Amy, but her and Molly occasionally clash. Being the most open of the sisters, she is possibly the most likely to not
get too angry over Connor's spying.

Molly Di Marco

Bio: The second oldest sister. Connor and Molly rarely get along, having had a strong sibling rivalry since they were young. Molly was popular in school, having been a cheerleader and has no shortage of guys hoping to get close to her.

Amy

Bio: The youngest of all the Di Marco's, recently turned 18, innocent Amy is treated like a princess by the rest of the family, including Connor. Over the years as she got older however, Connor started to notice her in different ways.

All I have so far, let me know what you all think of the characters and any ways they could be better.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
its like déjà vu. the characters seems to be present in 90% of all games.
are you sure you can't make something else that is more original? that is not yet another stereotypical harem incest game?

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
its like déjà vu. the characters seems to be present in 90% of all games.
are you sure you can't make something else that is more original? that is not yet another stereotypical harem incest game?
That's just rough outlines of them, they'll have more depth when I get to the actual game, and while the whole harem incest element is there it's not like the main goal, it's like optional if you want to pursue it.

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
The characters sound good. I assume the main character can try to build up trust and romance with the characters he wants and ignore the ones he doesn't care about?

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
The characters sound good. I assume the main character can try to build up trust and romance with the characters he wants and ignore the ones he doesn't care about?
Yes, opportunities and random events etc you can pursue. Or just general conversations when you encounter them. There will also be characters outside of the family so you don't just have to pursue family members.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Still not had much luck on patreon, as I don't have a lot actually rendered for the game yet, what would everyone suggest I showcase on patreon to get patrons?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
So here's some information on a couple of the characters with more to come.

Connor Di Marco
Role: Main character

Bio: Connor is the second youngest of the Di Marco family. He was hit fairly hard by the disappearance of his father and so fell behind in his education, causing him to be held back a year. He has a tendency for getting into trouble, mainly due to some of his sexual interests, but occasionally back in his old town, this was due to the group of friends he hung around with. Having moved to this New Town, it's an opportunity for him to knuckle down in school, make some new friends, and hopefully get good grades to get into college. But it is also an opportunity for him to satisfy his various...interests.

Sarah Di Marco
Role: MC's mother

Bio: Sarah is a fairly outgoing person, and a dutiful mother to her kids. After the disappearance of her husband, she was left to try and care for and provide for them for years. Eventually, it got too much, but she luckily found a cheaper town for them all to
move to. She is in good shape for her age, visiting the gym, jogging in the park, or otherwise working out at home. Sarah hasn't talked too much about her husband in the past 6 years, but it is possible she might have some knowledge on why he may have disappeared. For Connor to find out what happened to his dad, he'll likely have to get through to her first.

Kira Di Marco

Bio: The oldest of the Di Marco kids, Kira is rarely seen by the rest of the family, often
doing night jobs, being out partying, or drinking in the park. She is often at odds with her mother for always coming in late at night, drinking heavily, doing drugs, and bringing various guys (and girls) back. She gets along well with Connor and Amy, but her and Molly occasionally clash. Being the most open of the sisters, she is possibly the most likely to not
get too angry over Connor's spying.

Molly Di Marco

Bio: The second oldest sister. Connor and Molly rarely get along, having had a strong sibling rivalry since they were young. Molly was popular in school, having been a cheerleader and has no shortage of guys hoping to get close to her.

Amy

Bio: The youngest of all the Di Marco's, recently turned 18, innocent Amy is treated like a princess by the rest of the family, including Connor. Over the years as she got older however, Connor started to notice her in different ways.

All I have so far, let me know what you all think of the characters and any ways they could be better.
Hey, I must have missed getting this update. One thing I'd suggest you do. Make a list of "inconsequential" things that your character likes or dislikes. Give them character by making them real. For instance, my MCs are heavily into things like tabletop RPGs and my generic "space opera" series. By making a list like that I can kinda find ways to have my characters interact with the world and one another that feels realistic. I can have an inconsequential conversation in my game that actually really develops my characters.

On day one there's a scene where Mom and the Twins are at a restaurant and the Twins are taking turns retelling the story of their last D&D campaign to mom. It's a humorous tale about how the son's character managed to seduce the boss, a dragon, that the DM had set up as the final boss for this chapter in the adventure. He took the male dragon (in human form) to a bar and they had drinks, slept together, and then he assassinated the dragon in its sleep.

The scene develops the family relationship, shows the twins as being very twinlike, as the story swaps between them. Shows their sense of humour, and shows the boy's comfort with his bisexual tendancies, all with a simple conversation. It allows me to tell the audience a ton about my characters without using exposition.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Hey, I must have missed getting this update. One thing I'd suggest you do. Make a list of "inconsequential" things that your character likes or dislikes. Give them character by making them real. For instance, my MCs are heavily into things like tabletop RPGs and my generic "space opera" series. By making a list like that I can kinda find ways to have my characters interact with the world and one another that feels realistic. I can have an inconsequential conversation in my game that actually really develops my characters.

On day one there's a scene where Mom and the Twins are at a restaurant and the Twins are taking turns retelling the story of their last D&D campaign to mom. It's a humorous tale about how the son's character managed to seduce the boss, a dragon, that the DM had set up as the final boss for this chapter in the adventure. He took the male dragon (in human form) to a bar and they had drinks, slept together, and then he assassinated the dragon in its sleep.

The scene develops the family relationship, shows the twins as being very twinlike, as the story swaps between them. Shows their sense of humour, and shows the boy's comfort with his bisexual tendancies, all with a simple conversation. It allows me to tell the audience a ton about my characters without using exposition.
I'll look into doing that, I definitely plan on fleshing my characters out more than I already have