Ren'Py New laptop, impossible to run Ren’py games.

DraKeoniS

May 11, 2020
Hello everyone, i recently had to get a new laptop after my old one died, and since then i have been unable to run Ren’py game on my new computer. There is no error message as it just seem the .exe have no reaction whatsoever when i try to launch them, there is no log present and so far i have not found a solution or a workaround to fix this, could anyone help me? I am running Window 11 (which make things more difficult for me as my old laptop was ancient to the point it was still on window 8.1 and i have yet to get used to the new os) version 22h2 and all drivers are updated to their most recent version. i saw several peoples mentioning that moving the exe directly to the disk C: could fix the problem but it doesn’t seem to work either.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
It should still generate a log, whatever issue is preventing the game from running is written in there.

Reactions: DraKeoniS

DraKeoniS

May 11, 2020
It should still generate a log, whatever issue is preventing the game from running is written in there.
Would the log be generated in the same folder where the exe is located or somewhere else? It used to place it there on my old laptop but in that case there is no log that i can see.

DraKeoniS

May 11, 2020
Yeah, same folder as the exe.
…….i found the problem, it was a stupid one and i was even stupider to not realize it : somehow 7Zip didn’t extract the files correctly and some were missing…using Winrar on the same compressed file fixed the problem……i am too old for technology.

ps: Looking at all the game thati downloaded it seem there was indeed missing files in all of them.

thank you very much for your help in realising i am just an idiot ^^

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Meaning Less