Abandoned Newb/Noob trying to find rules on the Abandoned Tag

FatherTime-63

Dec 23, 2019
intersted in trying to learn some of the tag rules better - focusing primarily on the Abandoned Tag . I thought I would take a newb approach - so I followed this logic to attempt to find F95's offical stance on when the Abandoned Flag is issued.

Reading threads like Milfy City and WMV will have people believing that the Abandoned Tag occurs at the 1 year mark with no update from the Dev - but I wanted to actually see that in writing

Straight to the Forums page I went - From the root - I don't see a General Rules thread - surely there has to be one - so I started clicking - Ah - ok - Under Site News - this looks promising

Forums\Site News & Announcements - seems a logical place for a General Rules thread - Bingo - quick search - notta about Abandoned Tags - hmmmm - what other threads are in this section - TADA - Tags Rules and List - Quick search - Nope - Abandoned not mentioned - open all list - not even listed as an available Tag - Back to the drawing board

Root Forums - Search for Abandoned Tags - read read read ...........hmmm interesting thread - points me to another and Voila -

Forums\AdultGames\Game Uploading Thread - Created Sept 2016 (6 years old next month) - Contains (why i have no idea) the rules for when the Abandoned Flag could/should/would be used. This thread contains 15 post - by 4 Former Staff members and 1 Staff member - it was updatd in 2019

Jun 25, 2019
Changed:
15. The game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't been heard from posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months.
Reasons:
15: Made our position clearer, as the old one would allow a dev to claim the game wasn't abandoned and not post anything related to it for however long he wished. (btw - 21 Century - should be he/she/other - or better yet - for however long they wished. Plenty of female devs (and I presume others) on here.

Kewl - the holy grail of all things Abandoned found - can't ask any questions - but what questions need to be asked - seems pretty well spelled out right?

Question 1) Post anything related to it (pressumably game) - but where ? here on F95, perhaps in Patreon or SS - maybe on Twitter/Steam/Discord?
2) Wow - seriously - 3 months and Abandoned - I help QC ones that are quartlery - that have big updates - 3 months seems short - but I can dig it - so why are so many major games not getting tagged as Abandoned?
3) Now I dont avoid all games with abandoned tag - recently i found one that the Dev said they were revisiting - SWEET
4) Once a game is tagged as Abandoned - perhaps it could stop being advertised on all the little pop-ups - its sending mixed messages to all us Newbs/Noobs

Perhaps this post has been posted hundreds or even thousands of times
Perhaps updating theGeneral Rules & Tags Rules and List pages would help prevent additional post
Perhaps an ongong thread on Abandoned would help where we post these 'Unique' post?

or perhaps i should have posted it in the recommednation thread - i know i saw that someplace - but can't find it now

Faithfully,
FatherTime-63

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Technically the rules are:
-3 months of dev going radio silent about the game in every platform
-Or if the dev is still talking about it but goes on for 18 months without any update then abandoned also can get applied.

Both enable a game to be tagged as abandoned

Now, what is annoying is that once a game gets tagged as abandoned the only thing that can revert that is when another update actually drops. So if a dev goes radio silent for 3 months and gets the tag but returns in month 4 talking about his progress his game will still be tagged as abandoned until the next version actually drops. Which happens more often than not.

Not to mention that there are many games improperly tagged as abandoned just because noone cared to update the thread, like this game that is and even receiving extra updates but somehow they call it abandoned because the thread is abandoned?

In short the abandoned tag is very inconsistent, so just ignore it. If you want to know if a game was actually abandoned you have to do your homework and check other platforms instead.

Last edited:

FatherTime-63

Dec 23, 2019
-Or if the dev is still talking about it but goes on for 18 months without any update then abandoned also can get applied.

Now, what is annoying is that once a game gets tagged as abandoned the only thing that can revert that is when another update actually drops. So if a dev goes radio silent for 3 months and gets the tag but returns in month 4 talking about his progress his game will still be tagged as abandoned until the next version actually drops. Which happens more often than not.

Not to mention that there are many games improperly tagged as abandoned just because noone cared to update the thread, like this game that is and even receiving extra updates but somehow they call it abandoned because the thread is abandoned?

In short the abandoned tag is very inconsistent, so just ignore it. If you want to know if a game was actually abandoned you have to do your homework and check other platforms instead.

In the dawn/eve/collapse of the Cancel Generation, I agree that doing my homework is critical/crucial - and my homework finds/supports that F95's official stance is as I origianll posted - not your 'Technically the rules are' - unless those rules are written out for all to see in an official thread that I didnt locate. Would you/others please tag official F95 threads where the rules are different than https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/ when replying mocing forward?

As a follow up - why are they incosistent? And why is it every platform vs plan Updates? Even Printerest that recycles old threads with new dates? :cool:

It would appear that the Rules as Written (D&D Term) are vastly different than Rules as Indtended are vastly lopsided and not enforced on Popular Games.

Perhaps its time for the Rules to be updated once again so the RAW match its current RAI- then followed across the board?

I surmize that the qty of Abandoned forum messages indicate this is an issue - lets be proactive and clean up that rats nest.

1) Abadoned Tag be reassigned to easier to find - General Rules and/or Tags Rules and List
2) Games will be assigned the Abandoned tag without an update for more than 6 months (not sure that 3 is a functional number here - several games seem to operate successfully in a quarterly semi-annual period)
3) Games will be assigned the Abadoned tag if there are no post by the Dev (not some hired media prep person) on their Subscription sites for more than 3 months
4) To submit a game for the Abandoned Tag - please sumit your request <here> with the following detailed information, including XYZ
5) This RAW/RAI document will be reviewed annually by F95 staff as needed

This is FatherTime signing off - and thank you for your support

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
Games will be assigned the Abandoned tag without an update for more than 6 months (not sure that 3 is a functional number here - several games seem to operate successfully in a quarterly semi-annual period)
It's not a game update which is being talked about when 3 months rule is applied. It's just a post on Patreon/substar etc from the developer related to game. As for actual update they can go upto 18 months if they are posting about it atleast once every 3 months on one of their crowdfunding platform.

Abadoned Tag be reassigned to easier to find - General Rules and/or Tags Rules and List
General Rules are focused on general forum rules as it says.
Tag rules and list is for tags as it says.
Abandoned is a prefix.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017

And that someone notify the moderators about this.

With more than 6,000 game threads, and new ones every day, they can't keep the days count for every single uncompleted games. What mean that some games can escape, for a more or less long time, from the abandoned prefix, because they are so abandoned that everyone forgot about them.

Reactions: Jeevant