GrimGear

May 27, 2017
This is SOs message on discord:

Vanidal Better display of status like arousal levels and so on is one of the things that I want to look into when I do the UI update, and clothing status would definitely be another thing to consider. The UI rework counts as a major update though which means it has to wait until the Work & Career updates are done and then win a vote, so not something I'll be picking up especially soon.

. Just had to share it here.

Odin's Eye

Jan 17, 2018
This is SOs message on discord:

Vanidal Better display of status like arousal levels and so on is one of the things that I want to look into when I do the UI update, and clothing status would definitely be another thing to consider. The UI rework counts as a major update though which means it has to wait until the Work & Career updates are done and then win a vote, so not something I'll be picking up especially soon.

. Just had to share it here.
"I want to look into."
"It has to wait until Work & Career updates are done AND THEN win a vote."

These two lines essentially show the problem with this game becoming anything more than small scene updates (ie - no major changes/jumps in plot/quality) and an issue with some Patreon supported material. You simply never give up creative control over a product. The supports might get to vote on what gets worked on first but if there's an actual reworking to be done, putting it on a list to be voted on when it's probably going to go up against content (no matter how small) means it'll never get off the ground.

To show the insanity of this idea there's a fanfiction writer whose chapters range from 30K-100K. They have multiple stories on the go and have their fans/supporters vote for what gets updated the next month. This means the writer has to write a novella/novel that continues a story's plot, doesn't create inconsistencies with previous chapters, doesn't have its own plot holes considering how large the body of work is, and everything else needed for a new chapter in the space of a handful of weeks. And this is without factoring in getting their beta readers/editors to keep up with the mass of words all to meet an arbitrary deadline they've given themselves because they are writing such a huge bulk of stuff and following the wishes of their patreons.

In gaming terms: "what would you like to see added for next month" could lead to a jigsaw of a plot (or no plot and just random scenes in a slice-of-life game), a bug-filled mess of an update if there hasn't been enough time between scene completion and the deadline, or (at the very least in this case) actual game mechanics/UI stuff that needs to be worked on being left alone.

I tried this game out ages ago but if this is how he organises what has to be worked on then I don't know if I'll be giving this another try.

kaorok

May 31, 2017
"I want to look into."
"It has to wait until Work & Career updates are done AND THEN win a vote."

These two lines essentially show the problem with this game becoming anything more than small scene updates (ie - no major changes/jumps in plot/quality) and an issue with some Patreon supported material. You simply never give up creative control over a product. The supports might get to vote on what gets worked on first but if there's an actual reworking to be done, putting it on a list to be voted on when it's probably going to go up against content (no matter how small) means it'll never get off the ground.

To show the insanity of this idea there's a fanfiction writer whose chapters range from 30K-100K. They have multiple stories on the go and have their fans/supporters vote for what gets updated the next month. This means the writer has to write a novella/novel that continues a story's plot, doesn't create inconsistencies with previous chapters, doesn't have its own plot holes considering how large the body of work is, and everything else needed for a new chapter in the space of a handful of weeks. And this is without factoring in getting their beta readers/editors to keep up with the mass of words all to meet an arbitrary deadline they've given themselves because they are writing such a huge bulk of stuff and following the wishes of their patreons.

In gaming terms: "what would you like to see added for next month" could lead to a jigsaw of a plot (or no plot and just random scenes in a slice-of-life game), a bug-filled mess of an update if there hasn't been enough time between scene completion and the deadline, or (at the very least in this case) actual game mechanics/UI stuff that needs to be worked on being left alone.

I tried this game out ages ago but if this is how he organises what has to be worked on then I don't know if I'll be giving this another try.
Counterpoint 1: Giving your patrons what they're asking for is ensuring that you can keep supporting yourself while working on your game. This is what I always reply to people who bitch about the furry/anthro content on Legend of Queen Opala.

Counterpoint 2: The Company, "Year of John".

SSiKK

Sep 29, 2019
I know that, what i will say is not cool, and not legal but i'm kinda annoyed that the game doesn't progress.
I'm sure that if we quit f95zone for 10y and we come back to see how newlife is we will see absolutely no difference.
So does anyone have mod it ? or make a fullier version of it?

GrimGear

May 27, 2017
I know that, what i will say is not cool, and not legal but i'm kinda annoyed that the game doesn't progress.
I'm sure that if we quit f95zone for 10y and we come back to see how newlife is we will see absolutely no difference.
So does anyone have mod it ? or make a fullier version of it?
Modding is very limited and the source code is closed, so you can't fork it. There are some projects that try to do something similar but so far they fall way behind.

Mar 3, 2019
Got bored and threw together a noncon route into the lowlivesAlleySex event. Probably a bit shit since it's the first time I've tried to write smut, not to mention the incongruity of the actual sex scene assuming everything is consensual.

To trigger it, keep talking to the lowlives until the 'Finish talking' option is available, then select 'You are done with this'. Had a vague idea of a follow up event but it looks like setting the necessary flag would need SO to integrate it.

Uploading it here as I understand noncon is verboten on the Discord (and also I'm far too lazy to join).

axz2

Jan 20, 2019
I don't have a chromebook, but apparently they don't run Java apps by default. You can't just download it and run it. But apparently there are workarounds for that

SSiKK

Sep 29, 2019
I never meet in the game npc that i create...
I don't understand why cause they are recognized by the game...

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
did you set them as 1 2 3 etcet on the priority? if set to 0 they wont show.
That's not quite right. Custom NPCs can be set to any priority and still show up. The priority is just in regards to other custom NPCs. So, for example, if there are a total of 15 available slots for custom NPCs (this number is adjustable in the settings) And you have defined 20 cutsom NPCs, with 5 at priority 1 and the other 15 at priority 0, then those first 5 will *always* show up, and a random 10 will be chosen from the remaining ones.

In answer to the question, while the priority shouldn't matter, you do need to be sure you have the flag 'enabled' set to True. If you used rigel's character creator this should already be the case, but it's worth checking. Also, you need to be starting a new game with them already in the user_created_npcs folder, adding them and then loading a save won't do anything.

Reactions: AlsoLime

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
I never meet in the game npc that i create...
I don't understand why cause they are recognized by the game...
in addition to what blackrock said, the main screen has a NPC validity check. use it to see if the game even recognizes them

3.50 star(s) 33 Votes