Jun 8, 2017
is there a list of scenes?
There is a scene folder in the game directory and if you look at each scene file, it will tell you how to get them. Not all scenes are in there IIRC, the older ones will need to be looked up on the Wiki. It's probably very unlikely that you can get all the scenes in one game (if you played without cheats and had a in-game time limit of 1 year like the developer intended), so you might need to make custom NPCs that match the scene requirements and also make a player character that qualifies for the most scenes as possible if you want to see them all in the easiest way.

Reactions: wahnsinn

skyline_pj

Feb 25, 2018
A much needed QoL I'd love to see in this game: clothes displaying their stat values. Shopping and creating new outfits is such a massive pain right now because you've got to click on every single item to know what's worth buying and what's not. Readily displaying that information will streamline the whole process. Having (outfit) written at the end of clothes that cover both upper body and lower body (or writing their names in italic for example) could also alleviate some confusion.

I don't want to suggest anything that'd too drastically alter the UI because the dev has their own view on how to do things, so that's why I think those 2 changes (but especially the first one) would be great.

View attachment 745987
I don't know why he separated the Shop in the first place.
It was much easier to have one, just like before.

LagNag

Nov 27, 2018
I don't know why he separated the Shop in the first place.
It was much easier to have one, just like before.
I can only guess, but I think it's because each shop specializes in certain types of clothing.

Shop A has mostly sexy clothing. Shop B: Casual clothes. Shop C: Exercise clothes. Etc.

For example: If you're playing a shy virgin looking for "the one" you'll mostly go to Shop B.
Likewise if you're playing a slut you'll being going to Shop A the most.

Reactions: quiboune

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
I can only guess, but I think it's because each shop specializes in certain types of clothing.

Shop A has mostly sexy clothing. Shop B: Casual clothes. Shop C: Exercise clothes. Etc.

For example: If you're playing a shy virgin looking for "the one" you'll mostly go to Shop B.
Yes, Angel's Emporium has a lot of Cute clothes for example. Bargain has cheap clothes with low stat changes. Professional Polly's has no casual.

skyline_pj

Feb 25, 2018

But there are more shops than categories.
It's just annoying.:unsure:
It is better to classify categories by filters.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
But there are more shops than categories.
It's just annoying.:unsure:
It is better to classify categories by filters.
One of them is "All categories, cute", other "All categories, risque", and more. It's a good change, dividing the shops like that. There are many bad things in NewLife, but this is so trivial that even if you don't like it, complaining is a waste of time.

Reactions: Fartfacereturns

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
I forgot how disappointing this game was. A lot of RNG, UI that makes your average RAGS game look good, and disappointing events.

• Sad
Reactions: quiboune

penzor

Jun 5, 2019
tbh the rng is ok, but theres like only 3 events which are not restricted by 20 very specific triggers...

earthunwapped

Oct 5, 2019
Wish there were more custom scenes created by the community...
I've practically scraped around the whole game exploring different avenues, literally moving files to explore all the fun scenarios...

Is there any other game similar to Newlife other than Lilith Throne, CoC 1 and 2, and Trials in Tainted space... Games which I have also exclusively and utterly scraped clean to the bone.

P.S. Fenoxo are amazing when it comes to text-based games. Lovely content.

Reactions: reduzume

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
Is there any other game similar to Newlife other than Lilith Throne, CoC 1 and 2, and Trials in Tainted space... Games which I have also exclusively and utterly scraped clean to the bone.
Maybe Girl Life or Degrees of Lewdity? I like all you listed, and I feel like those two are similar to them.
So~ anybody know some more games like these:
WhoreMaster, SlaveMaker, Fantasy Slave Trainer, and Free Cities (Pregmod).

Reactions: reduzume

johndoe191713

Jul 28, 2017
I've practically scraped around the whole game exploring different avenues, literally moving files to explore all the fun scenarios...

flexible survival. it's purely text-input with some hyperlinks so it takes some getting used to
fall of eden. inspired by coc1 so u know what to expect

kaorok

May 31, 2017

Have you tried Clean Slate? It's very similar to NewLife, but with MAGIC instead of MAD SCIENCE. There's more careers/things to do, but there's less variations in the sex scenes.

3.50 star(s) 33 Votes