Amnelis

Nov 24, 2020
It started out as a male to female transformation game for people who are into that genre. It makes way more sense as a regular female pc sim though since the referrences about your former life & getting used to be a woman are pretty much throwaway lines. The option to start out as a woman was added only latter on. Given the mess that the lesbian gameplay has been I can only imagine how the dev would handle a male option.

borednow

Mar 1, 2018
X-Change Life might be a good alternative for those that are dissapointed/burned out on this game, it manages to tick the same boxes that this game does for me.
X-change life is great, and probably the game i most look forward to updates at the moment. Mods for it are great as well. The thing that it lacks and what Newlife does better than any other game is the implementation of its impregnation system and the methods characters can use to avoid or cause it.

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
X-change life is great, and probably the game i most look forward to updates at the moment. Mods for it are great as well. The thing that it lacks and what Newlife does better than any other game is the implementation of its impregnation system and the methods characters can use to avoid or cause it.
X-Change Life also isn't text-only. Which is a big dealbreaker for many who like NewLife. Myself included. A big part of what makes NewLife so good is that its text-only nature leaves a lot to the imagination. A lot to the imagination that is lost if you add pictures.

Especially since adding character graphics innately limits character creation options. A game like X-Change Life needs to make graphical assets for each option. Or just have static pre-made characters you can pick from. NewLife can just shove any character creation options in there without worry because it only affects text descriptions.

On top of X-Change Life's image depictions of attractive males/females may not necessarily be what everyone sees as attractive. But if its text-only, if everything is left to the imagination, people can just picture in their heads exactly what they want the characters to look like.

Text-only games are just a lot more free like that. And that freedom is part of what keeps people coming back to NewLife.

Conundrum

Jun 3, 2017
So, if I always have the money to pay rent, the landlord scenes will never show up?
This right here is the biggest issue I have with the stupid Landlord update.
You basically have to be jobless or spend all your money on clothes (as there's really no other way to regularly sink your money into) to meet him.

Here's a simple fix:
When he's introduced at the beginning, you choose either
a) set up a repeating bank transfer -> as it is now, Landlord only bothers you when you have no money at all
b) pay in cash -> Landlord comes by every time to get his rent, either pay money or don't

Such simple, much wow, why not do this?

I do know the wedding has a few lines with the MC thinking about it but otherwise, nothing.
If you chose a male start, there's actually a whole bunch of lines spread throughout where your character reflects back on being male.
Although if/how often they appear may depend on your femininity value.

Reactions: Anonymous329

kallabunga

Sep 4, 2018
So, if I always have the money to pay rent, the landlord scenes will never show up?
there is one scene where he just shows up to your apartment in the middle of the night to "inspect" it. It may be the only scene written for the landlord besides fucking him if you can't pay rent.

McCapito

Apr 25, 2019
Given that in this game you can cheat on your SO, will there ever be an event where you fuck someone elses guy/gal?
Ex: The sales boss is married, but aside from complaints about his wife and divorcing her to marry you theres no interractions or events related to her whatsoever. However, if you cheat on your SO theres a couple of events to go with it involvin him and afair partner and as such.
It would be pretty cool if you could seduce or be sexed up by someone whos in a couple, that way npcs with cheater tag cheat with you rather than on you.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Because it's double the work to make lol. Does SO strike you as the type of guy to do double the work on anything?
SO made the current entangled mess of a fustercluck called Newlife because they were manic of someone doing a better job with their code, so yes, SO does like to do double the work (not much work in actuality).

herrzimm1

Jun 11, 2020
You know, to be fair and honest..... been waiting for at least 3 years now for a SIMPLE change to take place. A simple option to "swallow as birth control", or at LEAST when you demand for your partner to pull out they FORCE you to swallow (especially for the trait "perv" or into the rough stuff).... just to get to the point of having some kind of "fetish" to form through game play.

But nope. Instead we had what? How many updates now where the focus was almost ENTIRELY upon lesbian content, and now to have a landlord that you can completely IGNORE due to having the rent?

Sorry, but at this point, the amount of attention focused on "minor new changes" by adding repetitive content is extremely disappointing when you consider that an "update" can ALSO mean going back to the "old content" and making changes in events, or those "old content choices" having IMPACT on the game overall.

Which is the ONE thing that makes games like "Girl's Life" so wonderful. You actually get people that will focus on the "new" while also "reworking the old". Something that you would think SO would have figured out after all this time, and yet seems NOT to even be bothered with trying to make the "old content" actually mean something.

Secondarian

Jan 24, 2018
You know, to be fair and honest..... been waiting for at least 3 years now for a SIMPLE change to take place. A simple option to "swallow as birth control", or at LEAST when you demand for your partner to pull out they FORCE you to swallow (especially for the trait "perv" or into the rough stuff).... just to get to the point of having some kind of "fetish" to form through game play.

[...]
And I've been waiting for you to finish The Coleman Institute for the last 8 years now, but I guess we can't all have what we want from those lazy devs who can't even be bothered.

herrzimm1

Jun 11, 2020
And I've been waiting for you to finish The Coleman Institute for the last 8 years now, but I guess we can't all have what we want from those lazy devs who can't even be bothered.

Or we could have been paying attention where I mentioned that I was getting sued over content AND that I was getting in trouble at work where I had to sign a contract SPECIFICALLY detailing what sort of "projects" that I was legally allowed to work on in order to keep my job, as well as the position in that job that I now currently hold.

It isn't "laziness" that got in the way... it was a financial hit, a risk of being fired from a job that I actually enjoy AND a legal obligation to stop in order to avoid FURTHER legal action taken against me. This is what happens when you just blindly accept someone else's word on "good faith"... you end up being put in a bind, or in trouble with lawsuits.

Secondarian

Jan 24, 2018
Or we could have been paying attention where I mentioned [...] yadda yadda yadda
We're on F95, I'm not interested in paying attention or taking important background information into account, it's all about venting my frustration being as caustic as possible in the process. I usually don't really care, but coming from you that's pretty sad, I liked the work you did as a dev.

I do know why you didn't finish The Coleman Institute. I also know why SO focused on lesbian content during the voted-upon 0.7.X Lesbian updates as they are now focusing on homes and money during the voted-upon 0.8.X 'Homes and Money' updates.

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
Or we could have been paying attention where I mentioned that I was getting sued over content AND that I was getting in trouble at work where I had to sign a contract SPECIFICALLY detailing what sort of "projects" that I was legally allowed to work on in order to keep my job, as well as the position in that job that I now currently hold.

It isn't "laziness" that got in the way... it was a financial hit, a risk of being fired from a job that I actually enjoy AND a legal obligation to stop in order to avoid FURTHER legal action taken against me. This is what happens when you just blindly accept someone else's word on "good faith"... you end up being put in a bind, or in trouble with lawsuits.
God that sucks. Just tried out the game the other day. It's really good, such a pity. :(

stochastic

Dec 21, 2019
Why was that again?
Because that's what the patrons voted for?

I'm also unclear on why herrzimm1 has been WAITING for years for a very specific thing that I've not heard anyone else ask for nor heard SO ever say they were going to implement (also not sure why their caps lock key randomly got stuck). If you really want that done, maybe ask for it directly on Patreon?

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes