BettyPage

May 11, 2021
If you hate the card game, probably not.

If you don't mind or actually enjoy the card game, or if it hits a particular fetish of yours, then probably yeah. In my case I didn't particularly enjoy the card game after the hand-size got reduced to stupid levels, but I have a thing for F/F incest. It was worth chugging through enough of the game to see the mother/daughter content, but I lost interest shortly after that.
I initially enjoyed the card game. It felt like an interesting challenge. However it became a chore, and honestly without the cheats, it was not worth it. The whole point of smut game is lost, without the smut. With the cheats, it did get better and I was honestly enjoying the card game. Until it got to the mother daughter incest stuff.

The incest was great, especially seeing how humiliated Kassandra was seeing her daughter become some bimbo slut, willing to fuck her own mother. But by picking this choice, you lose 100 glory points? That makes zero sense. She is the one having sex with her own daughter!

Right now I'm playing to get the 1000 points to see if there is an ending, or not but it is annoying.

Reactions: buff

buff

May 29, 2017
But by picking this choice, you lose 100 glory points? That makes zero sense. She is the one having sex with her own daughter!
Glory points are just currency. By the time I got to that point I didn't mind spending it, because without some glory sinks the game would end before I got to some of the spicier content.

buff

May 29, 2017
Isn't it 5 in v1.0? What did it used to be?
As the game progresses your hand size reduces by a card -- twice. The idea is to balance out some of the massive advantages you have gained by that point as you've whittled away at her deck, but honestly at that point I was no longer looking for a challenging card game I just wanted to unlock stuff. Besides, the problem with your nerf taking the form of a tiny hand size is that it makes luck a much bigger component of the game, which is irritating.

Last edited:

erkpaf

Aug 24, 2021
Someone asked me to bring higher resolutions to the game. The author laid the UI out poorly, and it *must* be in a 2:1 ratio. Because of this, I've added multiple choice resolutions here. Just extract which one you want, rename it, replace the original. Remember to note what resolution you should aim for. If you're running 4K which is 3840x2160 then you need to run with Assembly-CSharp_3800x1900.dll. The game does NOT lay out in any non-2:1 ratio resolution. This also means fullscreen is out of the question. The author would need to provide a small patch to ensure a 2:1 layout regardless of resolution and then the game could be patched to support any. Current to version 1.0, 2021-17-05. I only tested a few, but they should be sound in principle. Feedback appreciated.

Edit: Cirelc, seems my patches for adding larger resolutions works. Users only need to use one while replacing the stock dll. The game was poorly laid out and must follow a specific resolution ratio so that all buttons will appear. Explanation is above.
i cant download this file my IDM catches it but the download never starts is the problem on my end ?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
i cant download this file my IDM catches it but the download never starts is the problem on my end ?
No idea, maybe a cookie issue or a CORS issue. Just download with a regular browser, almost all hosts and clients support download-resume anyway.

Jayne Cobb

Apr 24, 2018
When I try to run this on an M1 Mac running Big Sur, I get "You do not have permission to open the application “NewsRoom”. Contact your computer or network administrator for assistance.", but I am the administrator. I tried the Control-Open that games sometimes need to explicitly give permission but that didn't do anything. Anyone seen this? Anyone know how to fix this?

buff

May 29, 2017
When I try to run this on an M1 Mac running Big Sur, I get "You do not have permission to open the application “NewsRoom”. Contact your computer or network administrator for assistance.", but I am the administrator. I tried the Control-Open that games sometimes need to explicitly give permission but that didn't do anything. Anyone seen this? Anyone know how to fix this?
In the terminal, cd into the .app file. Under the Contents/MacOS file you'll see the actual (unix) executable. It's perms are probably fucked. Run "chmod a+x NAME_OF_EXECUTABLE" on it.

Tyhind

Oct 14, 2018

I wrote about how to fix this a while back, it should still work. You'll need to update from "News Desk V0.14" to whatever it is now though. I can't verify that the file structure is the same as previous issues (no longer on mac) but I guess it is.
So The Mac version has a little Issue again, it won't run straight away when you extract it. Luckily you can fix it in a minute, just by using your copy-paste skills.

So:

How to Fix the Mac Version
1.) Download and Extract the file - Extract into the downloads folder you'll be free to move it to where you want later on.
2.) Open terminal, if you don't know how to do this command+space to search and then just type "terminal" and it should appear.
3.) You now need to run a command to change the permissions, copy and paste the bold text below into terminal and press enter:
If you extracted to downloads: Chmod 755 "./downloads/News Desk V0.14.app/News Desk V0.14.app/Contents/MacOS/News Desk V0.14"
If you did not extract to downloads (why?) you need to use this format:
Chmod 755 "./Path to where you extracted it/News Desk V0.14.app/News Desk V0.14.app/Contents/MacOS/News Desk V0.14"
4.) The game will now run. However the "News Desk V0.14.app" in the folder you extracted it to still won't run. You need to navigate inside it (in finder) by rightclicking -> Show contents. This will bring you to another screen that contains nothing but another "News Desk V0.14.app"!
This version Will run like usual. I'd suggest you drag this version into another folder, and then delete the original file in downloads. If you want it in downloads, you can just drag it into the downloads folder and replace the existing version.

Hopefully this should be clear enough for everyone, even if you've never used terminal before. If it's not please let me know and I'll update it. :)

Hopefully this is the last version I'll have to write something for this, but you had to change the permissions last version, and now there's two layers of the .app to add even more confusion!

Nuwbertron

Feb 4, 2018
Ok. Compiled a zip with all the endings.

Cassandra has 3 endings on her own. Tiffany has 1 ending when solo and 2 when shared, kept 3 versions of solo ending with different corruption values for Cassandra to show transitions. Emily has 2 endings. Lastly, there's the "together" ending, this one's the one you want if you only care about the gallery.

Quite sure this is everything.

Edit: Figured I should give some instructions on how to trigger the ending:

The game ends when anyone gets to 1k glory. All saves are at 999 glory.
A match ends when someone reaches 0 influence. All saves are with her influence set to 1.
To trigger the ending just rest at home and start a new match. Be sure that you equip the blonde as your ally.
Between the blonde and all the card draw in the deck you should have 0 issues winning first round.
For reference, when testing, it took me anywhere from 20s to 90s to trigger an ending.

Last edited:

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
2nd image had me thinking of "gay" first, before I saw the skirt, so I though "cross-dressing" or " reverse trap" as well.
Also, I can't tell mother from daughter apart. Why does the mother look better than the daughter? Oh, professional makeup, physical training.. ok.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
2nd image had me thinking of "gay" first, before I saw the skirt, so I though "cross-dressing" or " reverse trap" as well.
Also, I can't tell mother from daughter apart. Why does the mother look better than the daughter? Oh, professional makeup, physical training.. ok.
What do you mean you can't tell them apart? One has bigger everything, wavy hair, bang covering an eye, and no freckles. How could you possibly mistake the daughter for the mom, who is recognizably the superior choice between the two? Also, I got some pretty gay vibes off her too, but not from the way she looks. She talks like she's too obsessed with Tiffany.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
any cheat code for 1.0
It's the same as the one posted previously in the thread - "trunk"

For future reference, the Search option in the upper right corner of the page can be used to search the whole thread for keywords such as "cheat code", "save" and "guide". It's bound to come in handy and will usually offer much faster results.

Annotation 2022-08-11 095012.png

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
Ugg, Why did it take me so long to find the Chad. I wasted so much time at the start of midgame floundering around and now I have so little glory and have to rebuild.

3.80 star(s) 73 Votes