NightFall Princess[v1.2]Japanese

El' Capitan

Nov 29, 2023
RJ01183715_img_main.jpg
Overview:
The enemy nation has made an evil alliance with the demons, and the forces of darkness have taken control of the world.
Only the Temple of the Goddess of Light continues to protect the last sliver of sanctuary untainted by darkness.
In this time of despair, the last princess, Flavia, places her hope in the Goddess of Light
. In order to summon the Goddess of Light, Flavia decides to travel alone into the depths of the forest tainted by darkness,
to find the legendary Fairy Saint, and open the prologue to the story of saving the world.​

Game/Creator:
Modder:
Mod Version: 1.0
Game Version: 1.2
Language: Japanese

This is the full game in Japanese. First attempt to develop a translated PC game. Will post the translation into English as soon as completed! Meantime, enjoy & if you like it buy it !

Download: -

fe55ca4e110b01196faa6454eabc5a0f.jpg RJ01183715_img_smp1.jpg RJ01183715_img_smp5.jpg RJ01183715_img_smp4.jpg

Last edited:

Colortrigger

Dec 6, 2017
There was a bugfix for the game, but it still crashes on my end halfway through the first level of the third character campaign, consistently. Is the game just not completed yet? I don't understand.

O&M's

May 18, 2018
Any progress on this? The game's pretty fun, would be nice to be able to read the upgrades without the Google Translate app.

Sadie227

May 11, 2022
I am still working on the translation guys! Very sorry for the delay.
Take your time! I brute forced it through a combination of trial & error and an ai image translator so I could play the damn thing, but ended up really hooked on the game. I hope everything goes well because I'm really looking forward to another excuse to play the game properly

O&M's

May 18, 2018
Take your time! I brute forced it through a combination of trial & error and an ai image translator so I could play the damn thing, but ended up really hooked on the game. I hope everything goes well because I'm really looking forward to another excuse to play the game properly
Just curious, what program did you use to translate it? I was using my phone's Google Translate app (gets pretty annoying to pick the phone up every time I want to read another skill).

El' Capitan

Nov 29, 2023
Me too! In the meantime, if you love it, LIKE IT(with likes). :geek:

Sadie227

May 11, 2022
Just curious, what program did you use to translate it? I was using my phone's Google Translate app (gets pretty annoying to pick the phone up every time I want to read another skill).
My brother in christ I took a screenshot and then googled "image translator" and ran the screenshot through like 3 different websites until I had a vague enough understanding of the content

O&M's

May 18, 2018
My brother in christ I took a screenshot and then googled "image translator" and ran the screenshot through like 3 different websites until I had a vague enough understanding of the content
Oh... that's what I used to do before I realized I could just use my phone. I HIGHLY recommend switching, lmao

Percocksu

Nov 19, 2020
What's the engine used? I tried to use a couple of data.win extractor projects made for gamemaker to run a gpt translate but 3 different projects failed to read anything.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
What's the engine used? I tried to use a couple of data.win extractor projects made for gamemaker to run a gpt translate but 3 different projects failed to read anything.
This is made with Gamemaker Studio. The should work, though I only confirmed that it can load and export the project without the game immediately crashing on start-up. It's probably still best to just let El' Capitan cook.

O&M's

May 18, 2018
This is made with Gamemaker Studio. The should work, though I only confirmed that it can load and export the project without the game immediately crashing on start-up. It's probably still best to just let El' Capitan cook.
Just tested it, doesn't look like it works.

Here's what I get when attempting to run Nightfall Princess's data.win with the program:

1718803582006.png

EDIT: Just curious, how were you able to figure out what engine it was using?

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
O&M's Are you using the Bleeding Edge build? I'm just an end-user too, but typically I try the stable build of programs first, then switch to Bleeding Edge if it doesn't work since I don't know how bleeding the Bleeding Edge builds ever are.

When trying to identify an engine, I check the readme/documentation first. It usually doesn't help, but some devs list the engine developer in the credits. I then look for a file with a weird extension but a generic name (something like data.win or data.xp3). I google the file, often finding a "What is a ___ file?" thread on reddit or stackexchange or something. Sometimes the topic also includes how to modify it, but I often have to do a bit more digging to find the right tools. In this case, I already knew what a data.win file was from a different project I did. If you spend enough time messing around with games, you can eventually identify all the popular engines simply based on the main folder's file structure.

Reactions: O&M's

O&M's

May 18, 2018
O&M's Are you using the Bleeding Edge build? I'm just an end-user too, but typically I try the stable build of programs first, then switch to Bleeding Edge if it doesn't work since I don't know how bleeding the Bleeding Edge builds ever are.

When trying to identify an engine, I check the readme/documentation first. It usually doesn't help, but some devs list the engine developer in the credits. I then look for a file with a weird extension but a generic name (something like data.win or data.xp3). I google the file, often finding a "What is a ___ file?" thread on reddit or stackexchange or something. Sometimes the topic also includes how to modify it, but I often have to do a bit more digging to find the right tools. In this case, I already knew what a data.win file was from a different project I did. If you spend enough time messing around with games, you can eventually identify all the popular engines simply based on the main folder's file structure.
Ah, got it. I figured it was just a familiar-looking file type, but I wanted to check if there was an easier way. Thanks for the detail!

As for the build, I was just using the stable one. Didn't bother trying the Bleeding Edge one.