VN - Others - Completed - NinNinDays [v1.0.0] [qureate & iMel Inc.]

1. 3.00 star(s)

youmustbejoking

Ninnindays is yet again one of these casual visual novels that iMel and qureate pumped out a few years back, and it just so happens to be one of the better ones, though that’s not saying much if I am to be perfectly frank. The premise this time is that our nameless protagonist meets a female ninja (or kunoichi if you’re a weeb) who passed out in some back alley somewhere and decides to take home with him. You never know when a ninja might come in handy after all.

The story then proceeds in the typical fashion: several scenes of slice-of-life and ecchi, culminating in the two eventually falling in love with one another and doing the bunga-bunga. The MC is another one of these doormats that I can’t stand but that Japan can’t seem to get enough of for some reason.

Of course, you’re not here for him, you’re here for the ninja bitch, and let me tell you that she is smoking hot! Like, dayum son! Sumire sports this nice yamato nadeshiko route and is as cute and adorable as one could hope for. As expected she is also a ditz and also has an irrational fear of dogs, however when it comes to ninja things she’s got some tricks up her sleeve. Probably not enough to become the next Houkage but she’s decent.

There are several choices that you can make along the way and depending on your choices you’ll get one of the three different endings. The choices are sort of weird so you’d better use a walkthrough. The story eventually culminates into some slight drama which you could see coming from a mile away. I read somewhere that the good ending was supposed to be epic which piqued my interest, but it turns out the guy was probably just high when reading it.

As always with these iMel/qureate novels the audio-visuals are some of the best. Sumire is well animated and voiced and it’s a real pleasure seeing her on screen. The CGs are also beautifully drawn. The H-scenes are all vanilla as you would expect, with a footjob scene being the most daring that this novel is willing to go.

The controls were perfect as I was able to set the reading speed to a comfortable pace. I also encountered no issues getting it to run on Linux using Lutris.

Overall this is another mediocre title that is saved by the main girl who just so happens to tick all my boxes when it comes to 2D waifus, which is all that I could ask for from a game like this to be honest.

Verdict: 3 stars; a good addition to a moege enjoyers collection. If you want a VN about kunoichis that doesn’t involve orc gangrape then Ninnindays should be right up your alley, otherwise you’d better skip this one.

Total read time: 5 hours and 2 minutes.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

くもり空

The Good:
    • Great art; honestly one of the best by visual novel standards.
    • High-quality animated sprites.
    • Sumire is cute.
    • Great voice acting.
    • The game doesn't overstay its welcome.
    The Bad:
    • Generic and unoriginal story.
    • Few sex scenes.
    • Few choices.
    • Unsatisfying endings.
    • Very limited settings. You can't choose to keep the voice playing on click, can't disable the mouse's auto movement on confirmations, can't alt tab in fullscreen, the UI sounds are disproportionally loud and can't be tweaked, etc.
    The Ugly:
    • Stereotypical shitty anime protagonist who asks for permission to even breathe in the direction of a girl despite her clear consent. Also is too much of a wuss to confess his feelings or be upfront with her about many things, which always causes an issue that could've easily been prevented with a simple fucking conversation. But I guess we need some contrived conflict to advance the boring plot.
    • Story full of dumb anime clichés and jokes that always fall flat. The only smiles that the jokes got out of me were because I was cringing.
    • Predictable scenarios to the point of satire. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I predicted every single "twist and turn" minutes before they happened.
    Final thoughts:
    Don't bother. If you're interested in the art, look at the screenshots. They're literally 80% of the sex scenes. If that's not enough, just go visit Akasa Ai's Pixiv page. The generic writing and shitty protagonist ruin this visual novel. It's a waste of some good art.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Sole

The Pros
    -Great animation, transitions, and voice acting for the female character (Essentially just a really well implimented sprite with good voice acting)

The not really bad... but, just really not good elements
    -The writing "feels" like it consists of nothing but old school boring/super bland anime cliches and generic filler, also nothing really feels like it fits after the first impressions/settup portion ends, well actually even before then it feels that way, it just happens to atleast flow somewhat naturally at first, the major incongruencies in the writing just feeling like they might've just been attempts at humor/showing off the characters' traits.
    -Honestly, it doesn't "feel" like there are multiple endings(there are 3 I'm not claiming that it doesn't have multiple endings) but none of them really feel satisfying and how linear the game is doesn't do the endings any favors either. With the exception of your very last choice where you get to choose from 3 meaningfully different options(ending1, ending2, or bad end) instead of the regular effectively meaningless 2 options. Your choices effectively always boil down to the same two options either you choose the "correct(standard bad anime MC) choice" or the "wrong choice", choosing the wrong choice at any point throughout your playthrough will automatically set your ending to the "bad end", no matter what you choose as your ending and that's about it they play slightly differently in that the girl typically reacts slightly worse for like three panels on the wrong choice and everything else is identical until the ending.

And lastly the defense against kind of unfair negative representation of the game's content in another review
    At no point does this devolve into "this virgin ninja girl knows nothing about the outside world and needs YOU, the big strong man, to take care of her.", the closest thing to this that exists are the scene where he "saves" her by giving her some left over food and she effectively forces herself on him(as in she makes it clear that she's gonna mooch off of him and he's got no choice in the matter, not in a sexual way), and in the mc's delusional mind, the one time where it looks like it actually might take that route it's the girl that ends up having to stand up for him, because of course she would, with him getting cocky and picking a fight with someone(a ninja) for the crime of getting near the girl(the game does a messy job of making the stranger suspicious to the MC so he can feel justified in picking the fight, and then elitist(calling the non-ninja mc a commoner"aka: a pedestrian/civilian") so your mind jumps to that's a bad guy not just a normal ninja interaction).

Overall though the game is just incredibly boring...
  4. 2.00 star(s)

popabear

This game contains so little artwork that it's actually pathetic. If you've seen the images on the front page then you've pretty much already seen everything this game has to offer. The story is generic and not very believable. It's not absolute garbage, but it's far from good or interesting.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

Not sure why this got 5 stars.

Few sex scenes, generic voice acting, no real overall story, no real gameplay to speak of. This virgin ninja girl knows nothing about the outside world and needs YOU, the big strong man, to take care of her. Then she'll fall in love with you and marry you, because of course she will.

In other words this is generic as heck. Nothing new was done.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Good Old Call

Alright story, but absolute gorgeous art by Akasa Ai. A comfy 2-3 hours read. Voice Acting work is great. Other than the occasional grammatical errors of the translation, everything works perfectly. Did I mention Akasa Ai?
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Eleum Loyce

Really excellent artwork, I only wish there were more CGs. The story is decent but nothing too special -- basically just a cute love story with minimal amounts of drama. There are a few branching paths but nothing too in-depth. Luckily the writing manages to stay pretty entertaining throughout. Would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys lighthearted VNs.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

AkemiOomaru

This game is amazing! I like the way everything changes. Picture quality is one of the best I was in this kind of games and the female voice is just awesome. I hope see more games about this company with this .