Ren'Py NO DC text at launch Solved

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
I put a green arrow to point it out. I'm not sure what I done to cause this to popup and have no idea what ```NO DC ``` is referencing. Anyone have an idea or solution to remove this? It's on renpy editor and builds. Shows up at launch and acts like overlay of sorts. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

*EDIT: Solved here: https://f95zone.to/threads/no-dc-watermark.75132/post-5187115

1.png

Last edited:

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
Looks like I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Seems to be a renpy file issue.

drKlauz

Jul 5, 2018
Not renpy-only it seems.

Probably some driver/abstraction layer.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
It's on renpy editor and builds.
I assumed that by "Ren'py editor" you mean the SDK, and tried all of them from the 7.0.0 to the final 7.4.2 built, without noticing this "NO DC" thing. So you'll have to tell more if you want some help.

The only thing I can say is that it's not wrote with a ttf/otf font, but clearly with a system font. But if it was directly the OS, it would trigger a dialog box and not write some none explicit information on a client area. Therefore the problem is more deep, and probably related to a driver or something like that ; an API function would return data, not write on the client area.

Anyway, just showing a screenshot and saying "hey, why do I have this", will rarely lead to an answer.

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
I assumed that by "Ren'py editor" you mean the SDK, and tried all of them from the 7.0.0 to the final 7.4.2 built, without noticing this "NO DC" thing. So you'll have to tell more if you want some help.

The only thing I can say is that it's not wrote with a ttf/otf font, but clearly with a system font. But if it was directly the OS, it would trigger a dialog box and not write some none explicit information on a client area. Therefore the problem is more deep, and probably related to a driver or something like that ; an API function would return data, not write on the client area.

Anyway, just showing a screenshot and saying "hey, why do I have this", will rarely lead to an answer.
It was a rendering issue... It's fixed now... So... yeah.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
I've seen people today encountering the same thing in Photoshop, Daz3D and other applications.

Whatever it is/was, it isn't strictly a RenPy issue.
I'm sure Reddit already has the answer... I just don't have the patience to go find out what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: AnyName'llDo

keanuxxx

Jun 19, 2018
I had the same issues as well, Its appears to be a OpenGL issue as it also appears in Java Minecraft.

I'm not sure of the proper Fix however I did happen to fix it for Nvidia graphics cards.

Go to Nvidia Control, Manage 3D Settings, and Click Restore then apply

it is no longer showing on any Renpy games or Minecraft so it appears to have fixed it
not sure what setting in 3D setting caused the issue if anyone knows please let me know

Hope this helps

aussiegamer85

Aug 20, 2017
I had the same issues as well, Its appears to be a OpenGL issue as it also appears in Java Minecraft.

I'm not sure of the proper Fix however I did happen to fix it for Nvidia graphics cards.

it is no longer showing on any Renpy games or Minecraft so it appears to have fixed it
not sure what setting in 3D setting caused the issue if anyone knows please let me know

Hope this helps
thanks worked for me

Reactions: keanuxxx

NesWik

May 5, 2019

Hope this helps
Thanks for the help! It worked! ;)

Reactions: keanuxxx