Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zargod

Sep 8, 2017
A couple of questions on the new Crafting Cheat feature:

Which of the clothing choices would give you the greatest chance of (preferably slutty) Sacred Vestments (useful for Healslut training, and also potentially appropriate for Convent slavers)?

Is there any way to get reasonably slutty 'armor' that isn't too heavily weighted towards slave-restraints rather than actual (slaver-useful) armor? (This seems to come from the underlying game's generator, even on the 'Girlier' rather than 'Sluttier' choice, but I'm hoping that there may be some way around this.)

bluerender

Jun 14, 2018
I've noticed. It's been an ongoing thing.

They don't use the exact same calls, even though they technically should, and it's a chore to test why it isn't working all the time, as I can have entire runs with identical test subjects that go completely differently. I'm hoping to have the fix I'm testing working by the time I upload this weekend.

I've already delayed the earlier fix for "no disasters" by far longer than I should have just to nitpick at the crafting cheat, so whether or not I fully test everything I'm working on by saturday night/sunday morning, I'll still go forth and release the update.
might actually be simpler to get some cheat to spawn a npc of a certain race / gender and get it right , than trying to fix something buggy that changes code once in a wile .

A.sapien

Nov 9, 2017
There is still some wonkyness with using the corruption cheat to gain certain aspects (exhibitionist being an example). Maybe its bedlam assigning weird prerequisites again. Just something to take a look at for whenever you do the next release.

bluerender

Jun 14, 2018
I've noticed. It's been an ongoing thing.

They don't use the exact same calls, even though they technically should, and it's a chore to test why it isn't working all the time, as I can have entire runs with identical test subjects that go completely differently. I'm hoping to have the fix I'm testing working by the time I upload this weekend.

I've already delayed the earlier fix for "no disasters" by far longer than I should have just to nitpick at the crafting cheat, so whether or not I fully test everything I'm working on by saturday night/sunday morning, I'll still go forth and release the update.
well you're work is much appreciated, even if some stuff is hard to mod because of the hard to predict code calls, what is working, makes the game more playable.

by the way , have you noticed that "furfill oportunity" arc missions, where you send the slaves , seems to bug the slaves count number ? they are removed from the roster, but the number is unchanged . any idea what is up with that ?

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
No Haven 0.86 - TF edition
Thank you, hun. Every since this was supposed to be out a couple weeks ago I've been wondering if I should just release the fixes I had for the current version. I'll probably get this loaded with cheats tonight and do some testing to make sure everything still works.
If nothing goes wrong, late tonight/early tomorrow will probably see the release.

bluerender

Jun 14, 2018
cool :)

btw @Frank N. Stein have you thought of another cheat to generate a "batch of slavers" to pick from, by using the ingame slaver offer system ?

some times it's really hard to get some of the more rare races. and having the slaver dice rolling on a button , untill we get one we would like , might work smoother than trying to change they'r species when it's not working correctly because of the different code calls.

Last edited:

Dinnerking

Dec 10, 2017
I don't remember if you ever talked about it before, but it may be worth reaching out to bedlam and working with him to completely fix the game. From what I can tell you're much better at dealing with flags/code than the current coder. Nipping the problems in the bud instead of having to fix whatever issues show itself when you make the mod

Aug 13, 2018
I don't remember if you ever talked about it before, but it may be worth reaching out to bedlam and working with him to completely fix the game. From what I can tell you're much better at dealing with flags/code than the current coder. Nipping the problems in the bud instead of having to fix whatever issues show itself when you make the mod
that would probably raise issues with Bedlam getting shitty over the free release of the backer versions of the game

Sirtopranger

Jan 28, 2018
Thank you, hun. Every since this was supposed to be out a couple weeks ago I've been wondering if I should just release the fixes I had for the current version. I'll probably get this loaded with cheats tonight and do some testing to make sure everything still works.
If nothing goes wrong, late tonight/early tomorrow will probably see the release.
Im hesitating to guess that like any good no haven update, there are more issues that one could guess.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
cool :)

btw @Frank N. Stein have you thought of another cheat to generate a "batch of slavers" to pick from, by using the ingame slaver offer system ?

some times it's really hard to get some of the more rare races. and having the slaver dice rolling on a button , untill we get one we would like , might work smoother than trying to change they're species when it's not working correctly because of the different code calls.
I can look into doing that or something to the like. As you said, creating an on-demand trigger from pre-existing content wouldn't be hard.

that would probably raise issues with Bedlam getting shitty over the free release of the backer versions of the game
yeah, bedlam despises frank lol. he also gets notoriously mad when anyone else suggests fixes or ideas for the game
Actually, he's admitted in one of his picarto's that he knew the patreon release would get leaked and doesn't mind much, it's more he hates how people are "ruining the game by cheating".
We haven't gotten along in the past, aye. Granted he doesn't know me as Stein, but it wouldn't be hard for him to put together that the guy Orcm lost his shit on is me.
I've honestly considered offering a hand with jumpstarting the change over to Twine (as at this point I'm extremely familiar with both the game and Twine), but Bedlam's refused such help from professional coders he doesn't have history with, so I'm doubtful he'd accept.
And yeah, as you said, he hates any form of criticism. The minute I make a suggestion he'd tell me to fluff off.

Im hesitating to guess that like any good no haven update, there are more issues that one could guess.
You are good at this game. Nothing's outright broken as far as I can tell, but a few of the tools like corruption and hypnosis are misfiring. Which would be acceptable (both rely on flags that aren't always there) if it was just the odd thing but as it's happening lots I think he changed something that's not in the changelog.
Once I get that sorted out, it shouldn't take me long to release the update.

Reactions: Sirtopranger

A.sapien

Nov 9, 2017
yeah, bedlam despises frank lol. he also gets notoriously mad when anyone else suggests fixes or ideas for the game
I have talked to him in the past about possible future additions and he always seemed pretty reasonable about it. That said my suggestions were probably different in 2 big ways. 1.) I didn't tell him he should change this or do that, they were SUGGESTIONS, I have seen people post a lot of "suggestions" but actual suggestions tend to be fewer. 2.) My suggestions were not large alterations to existing content.

I can understand him being finicky about people telling him what to do. I think he's protective of the game being his concept, the game he wants to make and not loosing it to the peanut gallery. While I totally agree someone like Frank could improve his execution, I can understand the fear there.

And the game is big enough and had enough versions that i like being able to cheat, especially to get at new content. So Thanks Frank!

TLDR: Bedlam isn't/wasn't that bad about it in the past, and I can understand where he's coming from, even if I disagree. no idea about his relationship with Frank.

Reactions: Abibliboop

Zargod

Sep 8, 2017
I notice that the changelog for the latest release makes mention of "Hypnotic Mantras", and that (on closer inspection) they're also mentioned in earlier changelogs.

Does anybody know how to make use of them? I haven't seen any obvious changes in the Hypnosis mechanics in the game, and am wondering if I'm missing something.

warmuffin

Nov 16, 2018
Think it would be possible to make it so we can get more unique slavers? That was something I always struggle with. I just love the unique art and abilities its hard to choose

I notice that the changelog for the latest release makes mention of "Hypnotic Mantras", and that (on closer inspection) they're also mentioned in earlier changelogs.

Does anybody know how to make use of them? I haven't seen any obvious changes in the Hypnosis mechanics in the game, and am wondering if I'm missing something.
Make your nightly activity to hypnotize and choose slaves to do it. Took me a while to find it as well

Aug 13, 2018
Think it would be possible to make it so we can get more unique slavers? That was something I always struggle with. I just love the unique art and abilities its hard to choose

Make your nightly activity to hypnotize and choose slaves to do it. Took me a while to find it as well
The big problem is that mantras only work on unbroken slaves, which is a right crock.

Zargod

Sep 8, 2017
The big problem is that mantras only work on unbroken slaves, which is a right crock.
If you put them on an unbroken slave, do they still continue to work after the slave is broken? If not, then the "Becomes permanently a part of the slave's psyche." on many of the mantras' in-game documentation becomes a complete nonsense.

a2znut

Feb 12, 2017
It's an utter pain in the arse to get more unique slavers after getting more than 5, since it uses the variable d6 to generate and every unique slaver after using 6 would need you to change every single one of those d6s into something higher, since the d6 variable is locked into 6 being the highest number.

Aug 13, 2018
If you put them on an unbroken slave, do they still continue to work after the slave is broken? If not, then the "Becomes permanently a part of the slave's psyche." on many of the mantras' in-game documentation becomes a complete nonsense.
afaik, the mantras stick on the slave and continue to increase their value, but the fact that you can't use mantras to put the crit success roll stuff on slaves after training is what annoys me.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes