Ren'Py - No Love [v0.02 Rework] [Jooh Jooh]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Pepitopiedra

If you are wondering whether to play this game or not, dont. In case you decide to make that sacrifice, do it now. Each update it gets worse and worse, some content is removed, another is completely changed, core mechanics are also either removed or changed and there is a lack of new content.

To the dev: Please sit and think WHAT you want to do, this game has no direction. It looks like you made a brainstorming and decided to develop everything that came up without iterating anything, with each update removing something from the past chosen randomly

The first time i played this i would have given 4 stars cause of potential, the game had some hot scenes, some models are nice, but the updates destroyed everything
  2. 1.00 star(s)

VRGO

TL;DR: This has to be one of the worst "evolutions" of a game I've ever seen. Don't bother.

I don't remember when I first played this game, according to the other reviews it was roughly around v0.5, and back then the game was extremely enjoyable, I'd say. A very basic story, but with nice models and a very hot premise there was a lot of potential there. I really liked the dynamic of working your way up towards fucking your "family" who could range from oblivious to completely against it. There was something good there.

Just finished playing the "new" version and it's such a gigantic downgrade it's staggering. No plot, no characters to speak of, just random sex happening at random times with no reasoning behind it.

It sucks.

Worst part is that there seems to be less replayable h-content now than there were in older versions. How a dev manages to release negative scenes over the course of a game's life cycle is beyond me.

Probably most egregious for me is the fact that this new direction the game has gone in ruined what was already there. I had Futa enabled, Trap/Gay content enabled and NTR disabled and in general I got exactly what I signed up for in most cases. You would often be able to tell when a scene omitted one of the fetishes you blacklisted but that's not a complaint, that's literally what it's meant to do.

Now, though, it's a complete clusterfuck. You have futa enabled? Well for reasons beyond human comprehension the game's resident futa will fuck any character she feels like at complete random and there's literally nothing you can do about it. So NTR.

I'd ordinarily just disable futa in that case but the problem is that it disables ALL futa, even MC on Futa (which is the type I like). It's mind boggling.

All in all, unless the dev has a massive change of heart or finds whatever brain cells he lost to make these changes, this one's a hard pass. Pains me to say it, as I was really looking forward to how this game would turn out, but as it stands there's nothing here besides some nice renders and getting cucked no matter what tags you have on/off.

Good riddance.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Cithiri

Such a tragedy. This game had a lot of promise when it started. The humor was hit and miss, and the story/dialogue was rough, but everyone thought those things would be refined over time. NOPE. Instead, the dev decided to completely abandon the story because it wasn't great and turn this into a hodgepodge of random events with no logic or reasoning to any of it. Sex just happens wherever you go, between anyone and everyone.

And when people started complaining about the lack of story, even a very basic one, the dev doubled down and started making the VN mode that has you controlling different characters so you can get even more varieties of people randomly wandering about and getting fucked by everyone.

I really, really wanted this game to be good, it has excellent models, and covers some of my favorite fetishes, but... damn has it fallen from grace. And every update only makes it clearer that this game isn't going to improve.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

ixcez

Not sure exactly what happened since in the earlier versions there was an actual story and as the MC we could interact with people and then make choices which then seemingly had different outcomes.

To give an example from how I remember it in the earlier version the MC was Jeff and his gf was Emily I believe while he also had a childhood friend called Evelyn who had a crush on him and they seemingly had sex behind the gf's back. You could then make choices like I believe Laura at the time was willing to have sex with the MC but only if he let her have sex with his gf at the same time there was the stepdad who also wanted to sleep with the gf and was trying to push for it to which the MC could either consent or not. There were also other girls like the mom the MC could interact/sleep with.

Now the game has switched to seemingly having different modes or just sandbox but pretty much all interactions have been removed or their very short just a few lines before pretty much always turning into some kind of sexual scene that is for the most part short as well. So most of the game for now at least v0.12 just revolves around passing the time to pick short sex scenes between the different characters but the player has no options at all outside of sometimes picking what scene will play out, with whom and if a girl is futa or not.

On that point in the new game for now Jeff as the MC is now implied to be the brother instead of Emily who was his gf previously and now he's put as either single or sort of in a relationship with Evelyn his childhood friend. You can also pick to add futa, gay and/or NTR however it's not exactly how the options are explained or presented. Instead futa adds the option for some girls to be futa in some scenes, all scenes don't have the options so for instance sometimes Kelly will be a futa or not a futa, while also adding Homura to the game that is always a futa. However so far as Jeff goes it's impossible to interact with Homura directly and instead if she's added to the game she will automatically be shown as doing NTR to all the couples pretty much by default. So on Jeffs playthrough for instance she will be shown to fuck Evelyn no matter what you do. Simply by just picking to add futas to the game Homura is added who automatically NTR's everyone no matter what but in the sandbox version nothing is explained and were just shown short scenes like her appearing to fuck people everywhere. The gay options adds interactions with Dorian while NTR adds interactions with the dad (forgot his name), all of which has elements of NTR. Long story short picking Futa option = NTR, picking futa + gay = NTR and picking NTR = NTR.

All in all the characters looks nice and the animations are decent though again they are for the most part short scenes of an animation repeating itself and if you click spacebar once or twice the scene is over, though there are some that needs many more clicks but their often the same animation just at different speeds that you have to increase to max speed before you can pick end scene.

I'm not sure why the change of direction happened since the previous version seemed to have a lot of promise, the sandbox version for now is way to early to tell how it will go but all the interaction and choices that made the game fun has been removed at the moment and as mentioned replaced by repeatable scenes where you have next to no choices. Hopefully the game will flesh out and show some of the potential of the previous versions.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Cecylia

Disgusting. In version 0.5 we played as Jeff and walked around the house and other locations talking to different characters, doing different actions and sooner or later we had sex with these characters. In one version of the game, all this was fucked to the trash and now we choose one of the available characters and then click on the picture with the location and here we can skip the dialogues because they are neither interesting nor the gameplay encourages it, we just get to the location chosen by creator and choose from among the options who will fuck with whom. THAT'S ALL. The whole point of the game has been killed by idiotic changes. NOTHING is interesting here except the sex scenes, the dialogue is boring, the gameplay is boring, everything except the sex scenes is lazy and boring here.
    I have a question... for God... WHYYYYYY!!! :C
  6. 2.00 star(s)

sirdrak3

This had alot of potential when starting out but since the multiple protagonist adition it honestly fell apart? I had such high hopes for this one but every update seems to dissapoint more and more.

To the dev: please return to 1 perspective (maybe with occasional other perspectives like with the truth or dare game) because the game stopped being coherent, another option is to make it a vn instead of sandbox then you could show all sides in the correct order as well.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Wilwock

The game started our promising, but it's devolved into incomprehensible nonsense in terms of story telling. Depending on which character you play, reality seems to shift, to the point you can't tell what's happening at all (relationships shift with no explanation, it's unclear how much, if any of what we see is actually in VR, etc. It's like a drug induced fever dream). This is extremely lazy, and seems to be the devs way of having whatever he wants to happen without earning it or or having to write reasonable or at least semi-realistic scenarios.

In the past, the dev talked about he isn't good at writing, but to be honest I think his issue is more that he's just being lazy and doesn't even want to try. A self-fulfilling prophecy, basically. At the start it was simple writing, but good. If he re-writes the latest updates and simply writes the story to all take place in one consistent reality, I'm sure it would be worthy of a much higher rating. When everything is nonsensical, you can't care about anything that happens, and you may as well just release the gallery on it's own. The sex scenes are good and the futa/gay stuff is better than most.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Lupiscanis

A string of animated sex scenes with no buildup, coherence or relevance to each other, generally.

If you want a quick game with no thought, enjoy.

The content blocking options (futa/ntr/gay) do seem to work, fwiw.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

PineJonas493

Pretty alright game.Nice animation and the writing can't be pretty funny at times.The biggest flaw for the game whoever may be not having a target demographic or specific theme to it.I am a big fan of games where the characters just have sex with it others with no strings attached (sort of like free use),and perhaps this is what the idea of the game was supposed to be but it doesn't really give that feel.The idea of the dev of "adding anything into the game" could really either be the rise or the downfall of the game.

7,5/10
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Zabon

Version 0.06 Review

Even for a really early build of a game, this feels extremely barebones. This game can be summed up with 'and then this happened, and then this happened, and then this happened, and then..."

There's no indication of who any of the characters are, or who they are to each other. Things just happen, there's no explanation for why things happen, or why characters are together doing what they are doing. You can peek on characters in the bathroom, masturbating, having sex with each other, and so on, but there's no dialogue or introspection to indicate that the MC is a conscious person in the universe he is inhabiting and is aware that he just saw his family member (or roommate) having sex with someone. Dialogue in general is barely even there. The main character has no internal or external dialogue as he goes up to his sister/roommate and gropes them as they are sleeping, then proceeds to titfuck them and cum all over their face, then goes to sleep, and they both wake up the next morning with no one saying or thinking anything about the event. Sex scenes themselves are limited as well, very little description or dialogue, animations are nice but short.

The few good things I can point out are the character models themselves are at least pretty ok and original. For a sandbox game it's also good that there's a map, it shows where new events are, and is clickable to teleport to the location. The only reason I give it a 2/5 and not a 1/5 is for these two things. I hope that the game improves substantially, but as it stands right now, it is not even worth checking out, there's nothing really here.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

chipsiup

No Context would be a more appropriate title. The game starts with a skippable intro that shows you the names of all the characters... and that's it. No explanation for who these characters are and their relationship to each other.

The MC lives in a house with 4 other girls and one guy. Presumably they're all related to each other, but their behavior is inconsistent. You can casually grope, fuck, or otherwise get into sexual situations and no one really reacts in a way that a reasonable person would. Even the filmiest explanation would have worked, anything from free use world to long term incest family, but we have nothing of the sort.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

slmkaz

Love the character designs and the relationships, but can't help but feel like I'm jumping into chapter 2 or 3 of a story rather than chapter 1. Which after about ten minutes wasn't 'that' bad since that just means if you just want to get to the erotic stuff you can find it pretty quickly; But I do still wish there was more dialogue leading up to some of the scenes and especially during the scenes.

I can think of a couple examples where scenes happen between two characters (And it escalates fast) and I can't help but want to know when and how it started. (Not that specific instance but rather in general, i.e has this been going on a while, did it just start, how did it start etc); then again, maybe not explaining everything in-depth and just having a bunch of fun romps just reinforces the title of the game?

Either way, still a fun read and looking forward to the next updates as more and more events are added.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

roflmao

This is an odd one. I can't say the game is great, but theres something about this world and characters that keep me coming back. It kinda feels like you're in this weird dream where everyone is fucking everything.

The Characters aren't so much characters, but archetypes. Sex scenes spring up, then pass in just a few clicks. i'd suggest adding some lines of dialog, even generic "oh fuck/Mmm/So good" etc. just to let those scenes have more of a moment.

Most of the other character progressions seem to happen behind the scenes, that we stumble upon. I understand the dev's strong suit isnt writing. But for example the latest night time scene, could have had a cut away with a 4-5 sentence preamble with the dad waking sis or vice versa, fade out. then cut to MC waking up to the noise. At least get a feel of some courtship/corruption happening to these other characters. I think that will help elevate the scenes impactfulness.

The friend / futa setup with the accident is a decent example of giving some context to starting up their relationship. Maybe just go 30% more in that direction.

I think the pieces are here to make a pretty solid sex-fueled game. So hats off for that.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Demzy

This game is fun and lighthearted. The jokes actually land which is more than can be said of 90% of the games on here. The character designs are cute. For the most part each character’s personality is defined although there’s a few that should be fleshed out more later on through their own events. The fact that all the encounters happen suddenly and without grind is one of the best things about this game, it’s chaotic and energetic.
    Dev, there’s some big brain chad on here that left a nasty review complaining about how “things happen without logic blah.. angery” keep that guy mad at all times and this game will be a success, it’s the chaos that makes it work.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

lyzedin

It's jank but in a good way. The characters faces are odd but honestly it's just refreshing to have something different. The recent update introduced sound and some quality animations.

Always on the lookout for updates, while they generally don't contain a ton of new content, they are frequent.
    -------------
    Editing Rating as development has changed how the game is played from a sandbox to basically just a replay gallery.. I know the sandbox wasn't very deep before, but with the new path this is taking i just feel nothing towards the characters.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

SharkVampire

I have no idea why it is rated so high. Just stupid fuck fest without any logic or interesting developing of characters relationship.

Just click on the rooms and follow the tasks in the game until you get to the next scene. That's all the gameplay involves.
    MC also fuck others girls without asking player if you want it or not. Girls do the same and fuck each other or other men at random (If NTR enabled). No build up, no plot behind it. Just sex scenes for the sake of sex scenes. If it was the idea, it's much easier to just go on rule 34 and watch anime characters get railed without need to play this game.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Icarus Media

So far it's good enough that I can give 4 stars, it could go either way to an average 3 star game or to a 5 star brilliant one since it's early days yet. Suffice to say that as of this review I've now pledged to the creator on patreon, this has NOTHING to do with the introduction of a futanari character in the latest version (0.3), that would be a ludicrous accusation, but the fact she's tall blonde and really well built is a nice plus, but in no way related at all to me supporting.

In terms of gameplay many people will be put off by the sandbox element, but the quest walkthrough is decent enough to point you to what you have to do and how you go about it.

In terms of graphics it's the standard Illusion based engine derived works yet this is adequate enough, I did have trouble at first distinguishing between the mom, sister and the best friend though. But that can be rectified.

It's one that in summary is worth watching so far, simply to see how it develops and in which way it moves in terms of story, sex scenes and overall quality.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Onbunga

Very cool game. Seems kinda grindy at first but you can go through it really fast so it's not annoying.
    The scenes are great and the game is overall fun.
    I only hope that it can keep being updated regularly as for now there is still a bit too little content.
    Also hope the futa character will get more scenes and events.