Unreal Engine Nocturna's Pandemonium [Development Thread]

BCK Forge

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
PatreonBanner.png

Greetings!, I’m a former game developer with experience in the mainstream gaming industry who has now transitioned into the NSFW genre. This is the first time I'm showcasing my current project, I hope you like it!

Overview:

You have died, and on your journey to heaven, the succubus Nocturna sensed the darkness within your soul. She has abducted you and brought you to a dungeon known as "Pandemonium." Inside, you will encounter other souls captured by Nocturna and her servants, who will urge you to explore your darkest desires. At the same time, you will be transformed into a minion, tasked with defending Pandemonium against other souls attempting to invade from the lower hells to satisfy their carnal pleasures. Serve Nocturna or oppose her—the choice is yours...

Gameplay:
Inside Pandemonium, everything will be in first-person. You will be able to interact with objects, engage in conversations with characters, and make decisions that will influence the storyline. As you progress through the story within Pandemonium, you will be assigned combat missions. The perspective will shift from first-person to third-person during combat, transitioning to a Hack and Slash gameplay. The combat will feature an intense original soundtrack with lyrics related to the story, synchronizing with visual effects on the stage. After combat, you will return to Pandemonium, where the plot continues. You will be rewarded with new NSFW scenes, new combat skills, and the ability to change Pandemonium's BGM to the tracks that played during the completed combat missions. This will establish the game loop.

Combat:
The combat system is still in its very early stages; I only started working on it last week. Despite this, I managed to prototype it quickly. I spent more time coding the shading and visual effects than I did on the combat system itself xD, but there's still plenty to refine and enhance. The player colors looks bad due the GIF compression.

CombatGif_3.gif

The good stuff:
The NSFW animations are currently in progress. All characters are original—modeled and animated by me, with the exception of the combat animations. For the game preview, I plan to have about five animations for this character: Luna. The challenging part now is creating another player controller for the NSFW scenes and integrating it into the game without creating too much dependency on different scripts and blueprints. Another detail is that you will be able to change the skin tone of the main character.

LunaGif_01.gif LunaGif_04.gif

Dialogues:
For the dialogues, I'm utilizing a plugin called Narrative 3, a modular system used by many games. This tool accelerates the creation of quests and dialogues. Additionally, I've integrated lipsync into the workflow, which means narrative content can be developed faster than initially anticipated in the Game Design Document.
Currently, all voices are generated by AI. However, as funding permits, I plan to replace these with professional voice actresses.

Our destiny:

1716247990232.png

Soundtrack:
A significant portion of the Original Soundtrack is already done. You can listen the playlist , all these tracks will feature in the game. If you enjoy the music it's also available on Spotify and Apple Music. I believe the soundtrack really helps to define the identity of the game.

FINALLY...

I'm still setting up the Patreon, which I plan to share alongside the preview demo of the game in the next update. Currently, I am fully dedicating myself to this project, as I'm unemployed and have no plans to seek a job right now so, I anticipate everything will be ready in just a few weeks.

Thank you for your support and interest!

Last edited:

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
looks cool! what kind of combat does the game have? is it third-person action or a side-scroller? It's hard to tell from the gif

Reactions: BCK Forge

BCK Forge

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
looks cool! what kind of combat does the game have? is it third-person action or a side-scroller? It's hard to tell from the gif
Third person action, it's the gameplay I've worked in before, the difference is that this time, finally, I have control of the game design

Reactions: SpiteWorks