Daz noob question about annying !

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
hi wanted to try to mess around and maybe learn some daz3D and i download some assets from here but i get an ! for every asset i try to use....
is this a daz version problem or what am i doing wrong ?
1642895042463.png

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Those 3 assets in your image are showing <!> since they don't have thumbnails. That's normal.

Are you installing your DAz products correct?

Reactions: JapanFreak

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
Those 3 assets in your image are showing <!> since they don't have thumbnails. That's normal.

Are you installing your DAz products correct?
at this point it seems i don't i fallowed a youtube vid but since there are no dislikes i might fallowed the wrong one on how to install daz assets
PS i get the at all the assets i tryed to install with i understand that some wont have thumbnails but all??

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
When you download assets that are designed for Daz you usually get a zip file that starts with "IM000...". Move this to your Daz Install Manager downloads directory (on my pc it is C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads, but it may be different for you.

Then you can use Daz Install Manager to install the item, it should be listed in the 'Ready to Install' tab.

If you install this way, you should get all the thumbnails etc and you should also be able to use the Smart Content tab in Daz which helps you select the right items for the right 3d models.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There is a detailed thread with explanations and discussions on installing assets:
https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-install-content-to-daz-w-w-o-install-manager.6045/

Also, never use daz central. It is known to create problems when used concurrently with DIM or manually installed assets. The problem is that it can try to install assets on its own initiative. The simpler is just to forbid Daz Studio to log in to your Daz3D account at start-up.