Noob question on modding Skyrim

kato92kgb

Jun 24, 2021
Hi i know probaly there is alredy another 100 thread about this and im sorry.
I want to replay skyrim, but this time with mod. On steam i have the last version before the anniversary edition patch, should i keep this way or update ?
i'm interested in sex mod especially monster and animal. There is some guide around ? I alredy take a lock on Loveslab but there are 100 and + thread and in confused

PS. I never used mod the except 1 time it was a a bigger font for Total war shogun 2 XD

Reactions: ManOfDarkDesires

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020

Loverslab hosts the sexlab for skyrim mod, and between that and nexus you'll find a lot of what youre looking for. Its too bad youre trying to do this so many years later, some of the links might be dead or the mods might be gone but look through MxR's youtube channel as well, he basically featured every single mod worth using.

Alt-0069

Aug 27, 2017
I you want to have sex with monsters and creatures you should use sexlab but if you want sex with NPC you should use Ostim. It's better for that, more options, a clean UI...

Jul 16, 2018
I currently run an heavily modded Skyrim (336 total mods), about half of them are NSFW and they include exactly what you're looking for. I can give you two advices: don't use Anniversary Edition and check this thread:

I can't possibly fit in a single comment all the things you have to do to properly set a stable modded Skyrim installlation, but this well crafted guide tailored around SexLab (the tool that makes everything sex related possible) is your best friend now. I know, it's a long, time consuming process, but in the end it's well worth it, trust me.

Reactions: kato92kgb

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
I can't possibly fit in a single comment all the things you have to do to properly set a stable modded Skyrim installlation, but this well crafted guide tailored around SexLab (the tool that makes everything sex related possible) is your best friend now. I know, it's a long, time consuming process, but in the end it's well worth it, trust me.
Yeah it's ridiculous how complicated it is. Can't tell you how many times i had to scrap it and start over with a fresh installation over the years. I remember using that guide you linked, following it to the T and i still had problems. Over all my attempts throughout the years, i was never able to get any of the defeat mods working correctly. I dread the idea of going back and trying now that there's 3 versions of Skyrim...

Jul 16, 2018
Yeah it's ridiculous how complicated it is. Can't tell you how many times i had to scrap it and start over with a fresh installation over the years. I remember using that guide you linked, following it to the T and i still had problems. Over all my attempts throughout the years, i was never able to get any of the defeat mods working correctly. I dread the idea of going back and trying now that there's 3 versions of Skyrim...
I had to try something like 10 times despite being experienced with modding and coding in general. It's partly because Skyrim's code is very customizable but unstable and buggy as hell... Anyway, which issues did you experienced with defeat mods?

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
I had to try something like 10 times despite being experienced with modding and coding in general. It's partly because Skyrim's code is very customizable but unstable and buggy as hell... Anyway, which issues did you experienced with defeat mods?
For me, i think it was more a problem of mod-version lottery. You might get a version that works fine or you might get one that's broken depending on what day you downloaded it since everything was always WIP "use at your own risk." Updating a mod didn't always work because your save could be corrupted by the previous version.

For defeat, there were mods to handle the defeat and then trigger a scenario, and there were mods that only provided the scenario. Then there was Deviously Cursed Loot which was bloated to hell because it tried to do everything by itself instead of playing nicely with others or breaking down into smaller mods (and it was always super buggy). The scenarios that i wanted were Prison Overhaul (which was just always buggy anyway), Sanguine Debauchery (which i never got to work even once), and i remember one that would auction the player off as a slave but i don't remember the name (which didn't work most of the time). There may have been others but i think those 3 were what i was most interested in.

The issues i had were sometimes the defeat mod didn't trigger and my character would die. Sometimes defeat would trigger but it either failed to load a scenario or that scenario bugged out. It's been a long time but i think each scenario would tell you to use a specific defeat mod but they wouldn't agree on the same one. Perhaps i just failed the version lottery and happened to always get a bad build of the mods.

These days my big problem is that i don't have Windows anymore and last i checked Mod Organizer doesn't play well with wine/Proton. I'm not sure i want to experience all the mod headaches again anyway through.

Jul 16, 2018
For me, i think it was more a problem of mod-version lottery. You might get a version that works fine or you might get one that's broken depending on what day you downloaded it since everything was always WIP "use at your own risk." Updating a mod didn't always work because your save could be corrupted by the previous version.

For defeat, there were mods to handle the defeat and then trigger a scenario, and there were mods that only provided the scenario. Then there was Deviously Cursed Loot which was bloated to hell because it tried to do everything by itself instead of playing nicely with others or breaking down into smaller mods (and it was always super buggy). The scenarios that i wanted were Prison Overhaul (which was just always buggy anyway), Sanguine Debauchery (which i never got to work even once), and i remember one that would auction the player off as a slave but i don't remember the name (which didn't work most of the time). There may have been others but i think those 3 were what i was most interested in.

The issues i had were sometimes the defeat mod didn't trigger and my character would die. Sometimes defeat would trigger but it either failed to load a scenario or that scenario bugged out. It's been a long time but i think each scenario would tell you to use a specific defeat mod but they wouldn't agree on the same one. Perhaps i just failed the version lottery and happened to always get a bad build of the mods.

These days my big problem is that i don't have Windows anymore and last i checked Mod Organizer doesn't play well with wine/Proton. I'm not sure i want to experience all the mod headaches again anyway through.
That seems a typical case of wrong load order. Did you used Wrye Bash? This last tool is almost mandatory when you run an heavily modded Skyrim, because it merges some particular mods together, by creating a new .esp called "Bashed Patch".
It also solves some consistency and compatibility issues and allows you to tweak several settings.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi i know probaly there is alredy another 100 thread about this and im sorry.
I want to replay skyrim, but this time with mod. On steam i have the last version before the anniversary edition patch, should i keep this way or update ?
i'm interested in sex mod especially monster and animal. There is some guide around ? I alredy take a lock on Loveslab but there are 100 and + thread and in confused

PS. I never used mod the except 1 time it was a a bigger font for Total war shogun 2 XD
Wow...if i remember correctly i started modding skyrim right after seeing the faces in the intro...couldnt stand the retirement home gang.

The other question is better decided by the mods you want to use. Personally i never even tried AE since every mod i want and need is SE and most of them are still not ported ^^
For your wanted genres: skse, sexlab, more nasty critters, horny dragons, fnis (incl beast and magic pac), SLAL + animation packs (funnybiz and co) and some mod that allows you to play them without matchmaker or similar boring start sex scene mod. My focus is a little different, so i dont remember many of them, but animal mansion, beastess and some succubus mods were nice in the past. Just check on loverslab in the mods sections list, they sorted the more popular ones by genre.

P.S:
Use mod organizer! The nexus craptool causes more problems than it solves.

kato92kgb

Jun 24, 2021
No, From what i read Loot help with mod order, but for now the game work fine i had 0 crash in the 10 hours i played, so i think im fine without it. And Wrye Bash i dont know what is it, but from the nexus i see that don't work on W7, so i can't use it :ROFLMAO:

PS. If you have some tips, about mods e load order of the mods, i would gladly accept them

Jul 16, 2018
No, From what i read Loot help with mod order, but for now the game work fine i had 0 crash in the 10 hours i played, so i think im fine without it. And Wrye Bash i dont know what is it, but from the nexus i see that don't work on W7, so i can't use it :ROFLMAO:

PS. If you have some tips, about mods e load order of the mods, i would gladly accept them
Use LOOT to sort your load order. A lot of issues can occur even if the game seems to run fine (some NPCs or items may not spawn, some quest may be bugged...); using this tool prevents most of them. You can sort the load order manually, but it takes time and you have to know what you're doing. Usually authors tend to leave notes on the mod description page about how their mod should be placed in the load order.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Use LOOT to sort your load order. A lot of issues can occur even if the game seems to run fine (some NPCs or items may not spawn, some quest may be bugged...); using this tool prevents most of them. You can sort the load order manually, but it takes time and you have to know what you're doing. Usually authors tend to leave notes on the mod description page about how their mod should be placed in the load order.
LOOT+Wrye Bash is a good way to debug your game.

So this are the mods i currently using. For now i had 0 crash :D View attachment 2005579
I get that you're going for a sexual playthrough, but do you really not want any improvements to the graphics, area or story expansions?

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Just for kicks I delved into the old backups on my PC.

This was my inspiration and some of it what I used back then:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't recommend running all of it, but I'm positive a lot of it is still relevant.

There are a few modders that jumped ship from nexus. If links are broken, search for them and you can still find them.

Last edited:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017

For a tiny modlist like yours the mo sorting feature is enough, but you should really use loot if your modlist grows 100+ since the mo sorting tool cant be finetuned and not every mod will be recognised.
You'll need bash if you add many core changing mods or to tweak global variables, lets say, personally i would suggest it right away, but noobs should be careful with it, a bad bashed patch can fuck up your savegames.

Dont ask such things, everyone will threw their tastes in your face. Think about what you like, miss and want, then search it up and get the mods for it.
However, you missed 2 core mods in your basic setting, the unofficial skyrim patch and relationship dialog overhaul. I would also suggest some follower managment mod (my suggestion would be nethers follower framework since its the most stable, reliable and configurable one without running tons of scripts in the background) and some improvement mods for vampire/werewolf transformations. There are also mods to overhaul the perks. Also, if you play a mage or would play a mage if the spells would make it interesting, there are mods that make you feel the difference between a novice noob and the most dangerous archmage in history. You already played the game, think about your playstyle, there are mods to improve or change every aspect of the game. Follow your tastes and read the requirements/conflicts sections for every mod you add and you will never stop enjoying skyrim, follow the tastes of others and you have a bloated modlist with tons of shit you dont like, just like without any mods at all.
And think about some quest mods (own category on nexus), improving skyrims core is nice, but adding new content to your liking can make it feel like a new game. That also goes for sex mods ^^

kato92kgb

Jun 24, 2021
I'm not a fan of quest and new place made by other people, same for skill or other change of the basic gameplay.
For graphics mod or ENB i don't really need them, i like the normal skyrim graphics :ROFLMAO:
i will surely install the USSEP. After that i don't know, maybe a follower, but the game is already pretty easy, so i'm not really sure
For my pg i always end with a Stealth archer with double daggers :ROFLMAO:

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
I'm not a fan of quest and new place made by other people, same for skill or other change of the basic gameplay.
For graphics mod or ENB i don't really need them, i like the normal skyrim graphics :ROFLMAO:
i will surely install the USSEP. After that i don't know, maybe a follower, but the game is already pretty easy, so i'm not really sure
For my pg i always end with a Stealth archer with double daggers :ROFLMAO:
I guarantee that the quest mods in the pack I gave you are better than most of the original ones. Some of them are their own arcs of the story, similar in size to all the quests of the thieves guild or thereabout. Others are smaller quests.

If you ever feel like experimenting there are ways to do so with stealth play as well. One of the more popular ways to do it is modding how lights work, how dark dungeons are, how much damage you and enemies take and so on.