Noob question on modding Skyrim

kato92kgb

Jun 24, 2021
i installed Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch from the nexus and... broke everything, because on nexus they removed the patch for 1.5.97. i removed the patch but is still all broken. :cry: i think i need to start a new game

Jul 16, 2018
i installed Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch from the nexus and... broke everything, because on nexus they removed the patch for 1.5.97. i removed the patch but is still all broken. :cry: i think i need to start a new game
Take my advice: use backups next time :)

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Sorry, but how have you installed your mods? To do what you're saying you must've overwritten files without backing them up. Granted, it's a long time since I did this, but MO2 should make sure that doesn't happen.

The prominent mods tell you their requirements.
Remember I told you some authors stepped off of Nexus?
Arthmoor did. And many of his files are a mess, including the old versions of USSEP.
I found the one for your version in the archive:

This is a 'should work' kinda deal so please read the file documentation after downloading, apply it before anything else or make sure to make a backup.

Reactions: ManOfDarkDesires