Nopy is dead :(

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Not actually the fastest one but it was more trustworthy than any other mirrors here in long term. Only nopy links were working in most of the threads. For me workupload & mega is more faster than nopy but the thing with them is that they may not work or give you file not found errors but in case of nopy you will always get the content. RIP ! !

Oct 24, 2021
does restarting your modem work?
Turning your modem off and turning it on after a few minutes gets you a new IP address from your ISP, and since Mega tracks data usage by IP, a new one might give you more download allowance. Hasn't failed for me yet, but the speeds I get are still 30-40 Mbps at most compared to the 120+ Mbps I usually get with IDM from Nopy

Oct 24, 2021
Not actually the fastest one but it was more trustworthy than any other mirrors here in long term. Only nopy links were working in most of the threads. For me workupload & mega is more faster than nopy but the thing with them is that they may not work or give you file not found errors but in case of nopy you will always get the content. RIP ! !
What do you use to download from workupload? I've tried IDM but get terrible speeds compared to what I got from Nopy

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
It's a damn shame No.py is gone. Hopefully people start using Zippyshare more, they may have a few more pop-ups and ads, but they always have a good download speed, and don't seem rate limited (fuck you Mega).
Zippyshare is shit for europeans or germans specificly because they simply locked us out and a lot of people don't know what ublock is so they'd gather all the nice viruses from there. It would be ok already if more people would use workupload, pixeldrain (or what its name was) and mediafire. They might not be the fastest but at least they don't slow you down like other sites and they don't throw malicious popups at you.

Reactions: Asia Argento

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
I don't seem to have the problems with Mega as lot of you are describing? Have we just all forgot what it means to download a game? Like big deal if it takes an hour. What the hell are you complaining about.

I'm not even old, and I remember the days where a patch for WoW would take 2 hours to download every week but at least I got to play. Just because you can't download a game in the time it takes to unzip your pants doesn't mean the world is ending.

stewscotia

Jun 4, 2018
Biggest problem with mega is they limit you to 5gb max download at any time, so if the file is larger it cant be downloaded unless you pay. Other services that allow larger files some can take up to or beyond a day to download. Nopy was great cause I could DL large files pretty fast, could say we got spoiled by it. I could download a 10gb file in less than 20 mins, which was great. Sadly mainly mega has the same speeds but limits the download size. And you can only do up to 5gb every 2 hours I think it is. I guess creators are just gonna have to start compressing novels/games more or using multiple Zipped/Rar files or use torrents for the larger files, unless people wanna download for days. Im not complaining, but still sad to see a good service go by the wayside. Ive been grateful that more content creators are starting to use updates of small sizes rather than having to download the entire novel/game etc every time, but its also a little bit of a pain you have to keep the program on a drive and hold onto it waiting for the next update release. With all the VN's And Games I have, I have close to 5tb of files so it adds up fast. Just a Novel/game Like Treasure of nadia is 7gb+ (which you cant dl with mega for free even if you use a VPN and change locations) where the updates are usually pretty smaller , less than 500mb. RIP Nopy

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Turning your modem off and turning it on after a few minutes gets you a new IP address from your ISP, and since Mega tracks data usage by IP, a new one might give you more download allowance. Hasn't failed for me yet, but the speeds I get are still 30-40 Mbps at most compared to the 120+ Mbps I usually get with IDM from Nopy
I have a button in my Router to reset my IP. takes 20 seconds.