NOPY shut down. What are the possible alternatives?

Astral Aeon

Mar 8, 2018
1636276846307.png

So what are the possible alternatives to download without having traffic?
Note- I use Internet Download Manager and the speeds are definitely affected by many other file hosting services. Don't have a paid MEGA either.

Reactions: miakana

Jofur

May 22, 2018
Perhaps AnonFiles. It's pretty much the perfect file host as far as I know. 20gb upload limit, no download limits or wait times, no account needed, simple, privacy focused(granted I don't know how valid those claims actually are). But I'm not 100% sure of the speeds since I have a shitty internet.

Also, not sure if it's changed lately and if they have a file size limit, but MediaFire have always been pleasant to use for me. At least for downloads. Haven't uploaded anything to it in ages.

On a side note, I hate MEGA with a burning passion and I only use it as a last resort when nothing else is available. I wish it would die already.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Astral Aeon

Pedro121

Jun 4, 2017
Paid mega? Bruh, you people living in 21st century or what? I use MegaBasterd when downloading MEGA files which can pause and resume. You can also input proxies should the limit be reach but a quick on/off modem would reset your IP anyway.

Like, if you just do a bit of research, you can find ways to bypass it. Let me guess, you don't have download managers too, I wager?

Astral Aeon

Mar 8, 2018
Paid mega? Bruh, you people living in 21st century or what? I use MegaBasterd when downloading MEGA files which can pause and resume. You can also input proxies should the limit be reach but a quick on/off modem would reset your IP anyway.

Like, if you just do a bit of research, you can find ways to bypass it. Let me guess, you don't have download managers too, I wager?
Let's just say that MEGA is sort of blocked on some network providers list in my country. So it ain't easy to use MEGA and with VPN, just forget the download speed. And I use IDM(Nope, didn't buy. Cracked.) I didn't know about MegaBasterd until now. I shall look into it. Thanks. :)

Boomer Raver

Nov 26, 2018
I found a page called Usersdownload (usersdownload.com) it says is free and has unlimited download speed but I'm not an expert so maybe it's not that good or maybe it is.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Perhaps AnonFiles. It's pretty much the perfect file host as far as I know. 20gb upload limit, no download limits or wait times, no account needed, simple, privacy focused(granted I don't know how valid those claims actually are). But I'm not 100% sure of the speeds since I have a shitty internet.

Also, not sure if it's changed lately and if they have a file size limit, but MediaFire have always been pleasant to use for me. At least for downloads. Haven't uploaded anything to it in ages.

On a side note, I hate MEGA with a burning passion and I only use it as a last resort when nothing else is available. I wish it would die already.
I use download manager and every time when i download a game bigger than 3GB from AnonFiles, the download speed drops a lot at near end.
For example, if i download a game who has 3.45 GB memory, the download speed is 5-6 or 7 MB per minute and in 10 mins or less the game should be downloaded, but when the progress bar reaches 93-95 percent, the download speed literally drops to 100 KB for no reason and when it's 97% it reaches to 0 than 100 again and keeps fluctuating and remains stuck in this limbo of 0 and 100KB speed dropping making it impossible to download unless you want to wait 1 hour for the rest of 2 or 3 percent of the game to get downloaded.
I don't know if it happens only to me but that's my experience with AnonFiles, but i don't have a problem if the game isn't bigger than 3GB, i find 1Ficher a better option.

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
Anonfiles is really hit or miss in my experience.
Sometimes it'll download at 5 or 6 mbps with short bursts of higher speeds for a few seconds.
Sometimes it stagnates at around 30 to 40 kbps on average with *occasional* quick peaks up into the 100 to 200 kbps range.
Those lows are bad enough to remind me of the internet from the 90s. lol
It isn't too bad going that slow if the file/game has a small footprint, but it's totally not worth it's anything over half a gig.

Been trying to stick mostly to mega personally since it's usually a pretty steady 7 or 8 mbps for me and sometimes exceeds 10mpbs for short periods, but if there isn't a mega link available my preferred backups are googledrive and mediafire.

Jofur

May 22, 2018
1Ficher a better option.
1Ficher is pretty nice and simple, but that wait time between downloads can be a pain. But it's not a huge problem when downloading games off here unless your internet sometimes cuts out and kills the download like mine does.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
1Ficher is pretty nice and simple, but that wait time between downloads can be a pain. But it's not a huge problem when downloading games off here unless your internet sometimes cuts out and kills the download like mine does.
You can bypass that time limit by changing your IP.

Astral Aeon

Mar 8, 2018
I use download manager and every time when i download a game bigger than 3GB from AnonFiles, the download speed drops a lot at near end.
For example, if i download a game who has 3.45 GB memory, the download speed is 5-6 or 7 MB per minute and in 10 mins or less the game should be downloaded, but when the progress bar reaches 93-95 percent, the download speed literally drops to 100 KB for no reason and when it's 97% it reaches to 0 than 100 again and keeps fluctuating and remains stuck in this limbo of 0 and 100KB speed dropping making it impossible to download unless you want to wait 1 hour for the rest of 2 or 3 percent of the game to get downloaded.
I don't know if it happens only to me but that's my experience with AnonFiles, but i don't have a problem if the game isn't bigger than 3GB, i find 1Ficher a better option.
I had the same experience with AnonFiles. I prefer ZippyShare over it when using IDM. It gives me constant speeds and is faster.

voler777

May 9, 2018
I use IDM too it was nice with nopy i would get around 8~9 mb/sec down speed, and yah not realy into Mega my self either only 5gb down traffic with free account then u need a vpn to change ur IP which is dum u gotta pay for premium vpns(windscribe,nordvpn...), Anonfiles is trash aswell which leads to waiting and see if nopy gets a public fundraising or sth cuz fk low speed down speeds...

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Mega is the only one that is usable for me at the moment. AnonFiles work but its kinda slow. Some time I can get 2MB/s speed but most of the time its 200Kb/s and below. Mixdrop is always super slow too. ZippyShare and Terminal is fast just like nopy but most uploader don't use it for some reason.

Astral Aeon

Mar 8, 2018
Mega is the only one that is usable for me at the moment. AnonFiles work but its kinda slow. Some time I can get 2MB/s speed but most of the time its 200Kb/s and below. Mixdrop is always super slow too. ZippyShare and Terminal is fast just like nopy but most uploader don't use it for some reason.
Yeah, I've always wondered... Why do very few Uploaders choose ZippyShare? :unsure:

goshko93

Nov 27, 2017
I can host a torrent tracker site only for f95zone on my home spare PC. In this way the P2P will stay alive. But the question that remains is: Will the people which will download the game will seed it so others also can download it. :)

Ugaking

Dec 3, 2017
What is so bad about MEGA? I use it since years and never had issues. Genuinely interested.