NOPY shut down. What are the possible alternatives?

Jofur

May 22, 2018
What is so bad about MEGA? I use it since years and never had issues. Genuinely interested.
Overall the UI is pretty annoying and slow, but it's mainly down to the how it handles the downloads, it does them all "internally" or whatever so it doesn't work with regular download managers(at least the ones I've used) which to me is paramount when downloading large files. You also have to keep a tab open while it downloads and you can't see the progress on the windows toolbar. For someone with crappy internet it's just a massive hassle.

Cares_X

Feb 2, 2019
Paid mega? Bruh, you people living in 21st century or what? I use MegaBasterd when downloading MEGA files which can pause and resume. You can also input proxies should the limit be reach but a quick on/off modem would reset your IP anyway.

Like, if you just do a bit of research, you can find ways to bypass it. Let me guess, you don't have download managers too, I wager?
THAT DOES NOT WORK FOR F SAKE!

Reactions: Astral Aeon

Astral Aeon

Mar 8, 2018
What is so bad about MEGA? I use it since years and never had issues. Genuinely interested.
Unless you have a really good internet connection, Mega is a PIA. And a Download Manager is always superior over online interface download. Also, Mega doesn't work with every network in my country. Some network service providers block the site and some make it the slowest ever.
Like how you feel good about MEGA is how I feel about NOPY, ZIPPYSHARE and GOFILE. But as pointed by Spermasahne
Well, for example, in germany you can't access it unless you use a VPN and many people are lazy to get a VPN, even for free.

PhoenixMisty

Mar 2, 2021
PLEASE STOP USING MEGA!!! Its transfer quota is driving me nuts! Plus it's like Mega knows that I'm using a VPN extension! It's like mega is saying "Ok I see what you did there. Ok you still have to wait, but for 2 hours instead of 5 hours".

I found a new site that is just awesome.

Why? The upload speed is better on this site! The download speed is quite fast. Also I notice that Mediafire is just fast in general on downloading, so please use Mediafire also. MEGA shouldn't add a transfer quota because of business reasons. Imagine a business partner or even a client having to wait so long. They can't get any work done in time or share a file with a client! Time is valuable! MEGA is making it difficult for their customers to share files! *Middle finger* Mega! Might as well download their stupid app, create an account, and add my phone number just to get more transfer quota. Reading from Google- Another simple way to extend your transfer quota is to add your mobile number. Adding a mobile number will increase your transfer quota by 40 GB and add up additional 20 GB of storage space. Yet, I don't want go through the hassle of doing that and find that it has changed!

I guess Mediafire is the best for me, because I live in Texas. The company itself is based in Texas. :) Mediafire has been around for ages and personally I always have fast download from them. They are not going anywhere, since they have been around so long. Mediafire doesn't have a stupid transfer quota. Why does Mega have a transfer quota anyways? Let people share the darn files! I'm sick of this Mega transfer quota limit! Mega is the only site that does this!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018
PLEASE STOP USING MEGA!!! Its transfer quota is driving me nuts! Plus it's like Mega knows that I'm using a VPN extension! It's like mega is saying "Ok I see what you did there. Ok you still have to wait, but for 2 hours instead of 5 hours".

I found a new site that is just awesome.

Why? The upload speed is better on this site! The download speed is quite fast. Also I notice that Mediafire is just fast in general on downloading, so please use Mediafire also. MEGA shouldn't add a transfer quota because of business reasons. Imagine a business partner or even a client having to wait so long. They can't get any work done in time or share a file with a client! Time is valuable! MEGA is making it difficult for their customers to share files! *Middle finger* Mega! Might as well download their stupid app, create an account, and add my phone number just to get more transfer quota. Reading from Google- Another simple way to extend your transfer quota is to add your mobile number. Adding a mobile number will increase your transfer quota by 40 GB and add up additional 20 GB of storage space. Yet, I don't want go through the hassle of doing that and find that it has changed!

I guess Mediafire is the best for me, because I live in Texas. The company itself is based in Texas. :) Mediafire has been around for ages and personally I always have fast download from them. They are not going anywhere, since they have been around so long. Mediafire doesn't have a stupid transfer quota. Why does Mega have a transfer quota anyways? Let people share the darn files! I'm sick of this Mega transfer quota limit! Mega is the only site that does this!

if you arent a murican, the download speeds from mediafire will be shit, easyupload is alright